Bragg's acv

Has anyone added acv, to help in weight loss. I been doing some research on it. I am taking it along with exercising and low cal diet. Any info would be helpful, just curious of anyone's experience.

Replies

• FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    There is no credible evidence that it will do anything for weight loss.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    There is no credible evidence that it will do anything for weight loss.

This^

This "weight loss" technique has been around for decades. I think if it really worked, everyone would know about it by now.

Your reduced calories and added exercise.....you're doing the work. Not the apple cider vinegar.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    It will not help with weight loss.

Only a calorie deficit will do that.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    I use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar for cooking.

I use cheap jugs of ACV for cleaning and getting the new clothes smell out of clothes.
  • Kilika735
    Kilika735 Posts: 63 Member
    I don't use it for weight loss, it has helped tremendously with inflammation I get in my knee! I think it's a great supplement for overall health and can be beneficial, but I've never noticed it help with weight loss.
  • BoogeyBrat
    BoogeyBrat Posts: 212 Member
    I'll add about a table spoon to water sometimes, it gives it a bit of flavoring. But I've never noticed any weight loss brought about just by drinking ACV.
  • hiphoplady29
    hiphoplady29 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks everyone I have decreased my appetite drastically with Bragg's, I will keep it up along, with logging, and exercising. It gives me energy.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    There is evidence that ACV may help with digestion but it has no benefit to weight loss.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 966 Member
    edited February 2016
    I make a drink in the morning with it: 1 tsp of ginger, Tablespoon of ACV, stevia to taste and sparkling water. Sometimes I will have it at night. I used it to stop drinking diet coke. I don't believe it burns up calories or anything else but sipping it through the day is satisfying for me. My husband loves to drink it before swimming. It seems to have helped my reflux...but that could be the ginger too.
  • leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    I use acv to help me regain control if I start an emotional eating binge. A big glass of water with a few tablespoons of acv snaps it immediately.