Replies

• latanyawhite
    latanyawhite Posts: 7 Member
    Total inspiration!!!! Thanks for sharing
    You look great!!!!!
  • ericaconti
    ericaconti Posts: 72 Member
    ericaconti wrote: »
    Okay, so I'm 2 pounds away from losing half my body weight, but I feel so proud of myself. When I started I weighed 270 pounds. I wore a size 24w pants and a 2x-3x shirt. Now I weigh 137 pounds. I wear a size 4/6 pants and a small shirt. It took me about 18 months to lose the majority of my weight. The last 15 pounds have been coming off really slowly.

Amazing Job!! How many calories would you say you ate on average throughout your weight loss?

I ate about 1400-1700 calories, depending on whether or not I worked out that day. I really cut my calories slow. I refuse to starve myself because I know I can't sustain that over time.
  • ericaconti
    ericaconti Posts: 72 Member
    M60rowe wrote: »
    You look amazing. Great job. What kept you motivated?

I think my biggest motivator was simply being shocked and proud for crushing each goal I set for myself. Then I got to a point where I felt so good about myself that I didn't really need anything to keep me motivated.

What are some examples of the goals you set? I'm always looking for new mini-goal ideas myself. Like you I have about 15 lbs to lose and I have battled back and forth with them to not much avail!

I had scale goals and non-scale goals. Scale wise it was 250, 225, 199, 175, 160, 150, 145, 140, now 135.

Non-scale were things like working out x number of minutes before having to take a break, being able to comfortably tighten my belt to a new notch by a specific date, fitting into a certain clothing size by a specific date, being able to run x number of miles without feeling like I was going to die.

They might seem silly, but they kept me going.
  • Lady_Atlas
    Lady_Atlas Posts: 4 Member
    Congrats on your success and all your hard work. Is definitely paid off, you look healthy and fabulous. Thanks for the inspirational story :)
  • Bonnieontrack
    Bonnieontrack Posts: 5 Member
    What an inspiration to all of us with our over eating and weight issues. I dislike the word diet and focus on healthy eating. Sounds better to me. Any recipe tips would be appreciated. Snacks are the hardest to find with low calories and carbs. CONGRATS TO YOU!
  • Jack_NYC
    Jack_NYC Posts: 64 Member
    Lookin' good. Congratulations!
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Awesome, you look great!
  • indigogurl
    indigogurl Posts: 8 Member
    Congratulations! You should be so proud of yourself. It's not easy but you pushed through it and now look at you! Again congratulations!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Looking good girl keep up the good work
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    It made me so happy reading your story! I started at almost 200 lbs at 5'2. I've been losing slowly but consistently since August and am now down 30 lbs doing what sounds like what you've been doing. Burning more calories than I consume, not omitting foods I love, working out 2-3 times a week. Today has been one of those days where I've been feeling like I'm losing the battle that's why I'm here reading these stories. They always help me get back on track. Your story is especially inspiring. Thank you!
  • Healthy67Chick
    Healthy67Chick Posts: 161 Member
    Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
  • sandicat6
    sandicat6 Posts: 61 Member
    wow!!! just wow
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Congratulations! You look happy :)
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    What an amazing journey you've had. Thanks for posting and sharing your success-it's a great motivator!
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Thanks for all the kind words! Hard work and determination really do pay off. I feel great and have never been more confident in my life. It's amazing how differently the world treats you when you're skinny.

You look amazing and your pictures are inspiring. Well done you!

May I ask in what way you've found different treatment now you have lost weight?

• badassbeaver
    badassbeaver Posts: 28 Member
    OMG! you are such an inspiration!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    You look great! Congrats on all your success!!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Thanks for sharing. You look amazing.
  • dietsrus
    dietsrus Posts: 10 Member
    You are my inspiration for today! You look amazing! Great work!
  • kp_88
    kp_88 Posts: 53 Member
    I starated at 267 and am now 199. It will be 1 year in April. I feel like it's coming off so slow! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!