What motivates you to continue to IF?

leighn62
leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
My motivation is knowing that IF is just so good for your body. Increased human growth hormone production, fat burning not to mention mental toughness. I love being proud of myself.

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    I like it because I am not restricted to counting calories for every meal. I am not a breakfast person other than coffee so making myself eat breakfast every morning was difficult. I found that if I ate breakfast, I was hungry ALL day long. Now I can eat dinner with my family and not be stressed out that I am eating over 500 calories.
  • abzbargs
    abzbargs Posts: 100 Member
    Pretty much the same as you. Also the health benefits and weigh loss. I'm being vain for a change. Lack of vanity and a love of food got me to this size!
  • leighn62
    Well my motivation went right out the window last night and I ate outside my eating window and binged on carbs at the same time. Grrr. We did our usual Friday night wine with fancy cheese and salami and I have been able to resist the yummy crackers my husband has to have. Salty, crunchy is my downfall. Back on the wagon today. Trying not to let this derail me like always. I choose to forgive myself for once. I'll try to fast until dinner tonight since I blew my eating window. Mental t o toughness again.We have a party tonight so we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!
  • abzbargs
    abzbargs Posts: 100 Member
    I went off the rails a bit a the weekend too. Don't beat yourself up about it and just get back on it - that's what I'm doing :-)
  • leighn62
    Perfect! No beating up. IF is so beneficial for our bodies even if we binge during our eating window. That's what keeps me motivated. Even if I go off the rails, I try to at least make sure I IF as much as possible.
  • Andtian2_4
    Andtian2_4 Posts: 20 Member
    I have to agree with what the other said. It makes you more aware at times what you eating; even when not really counting calories. You know you can eat within a certain time frame and feeling the hunger is so good. Like you are eating for survival not surviving to eat.
  • worley77
    worley77 Posts: 3 Member
    Do not make fitness your main goal. Make it your secondary goal, because if your not thinking about eating or worrying about it, time will fly. Focus on your main goal, whatever that may be and the weight will be dropped by itself.
  • PPumpItUp
    PPumpItUp Posts: 208 Member
    worley77, what is your macro ratio?
  • leighn62
    Carbs 10% Fat 70% Protein 20% I try to stay under that much on carbs but 5% was only 16 gm and that would have bummed me out.
  • Itreadlightly
    Itreadlightly Posts: 87 Member
    I feel good- sense of well being. My changed relationship w food
  • leighn62
    Right?!! So much more in control. Not wanting to eat between meals. Not afraid of being hungry. I'm in charge, not the food.
  • worley77
    worley77 Posts: 3 Member
    PPumpItUp wrote: »
    worley77, what is your macro ratio?

My macro ratio varies- usually carbs are between 30-40%, protein is 30-40%, and fats are around 20-30%
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    The Rapid Weightloss!!! and the convenience of not worrying about how I am going to eat breakfast. After the first 3 days My body was already on routine and now im never hungry before 12pm. and I have no desire to eat after 8pm. As a matter of fact I feel stuffed by 8 no matter what I eat. its nice to have control of your hunger.
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    My Macros are 55/30/15 = Fat/Protein/Carbs

Ive tried different methods but this has been the only time ive lost weight consistently and not been hungry
  • ClaireBearOz
    ClaireBearOz Posts: 64 Member
    abzbargs wrote: »
    ... Lack of vanity and a love of food got me to this size!

LOL! So true for me too!

• ClaireBearOz
    ClaireBearOz Posts: 64 Member
    I'm not hungry all day and my calorie intake is down, so the weight loss should be more reliable until I'm at goal weight.

And I don't feel the need to beat myself up if I deviate from plan .. I do that fairly regularly, but not to the extent that I would call it bingeing. When out with friends, it's not always desirable to be so strict, so I'm not - so a few extra carbs here and there don't worry me. In fact, I think it might be desirable to a certain extent (as I've read), to mix it up a bit (within reason).

Goo luck everyone.
  • leighn62
    I totally agree. I do a good job most of the time but I insist on living my life. When I know I'm going to g o out with friends, I fast until then to make up for the calories. It's pretty easy for me to get back o n the wagon the next day. I had what I wanted and am ready to eat healthy again. Working well for me.
  • Beachlady228
    Beachlady228 Posts: 58 Member
    I do still get some hunger pangs while I fast, but I have learned that it is OK if I wait a while and if they don't subside, I can eat. My reaction used to be OMG, I have to eat right now. Now I am learning to listen to my body and not over react at the first sign of hunger. I like that feeling of being more aware, but making conscious choices about eating.
  • cdebracy
    cdebracy Posts: 91 Member
    My wife makes a mean Hot and Sour soup. I take 16 oz of that, add another 32 oz of chicken broth with more spices and a bowl is only 26 calories. That's helping me get to about 18-20 hours a day.
  • evivahealth
    evivahealth Posts: 567 Member
    The thought of bigger better meals when I do get to eat! That and lots of cups of tea/coffee/water.

I once heard someone say that during their weight loss they realised that hunger was not an emergency. I'm learning to live that wisdom!