Diet Coke vs Water??-- 0 cals vs 0 cals

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    RNBSN2017 wrote: »
    I have been diet soft drink free for 2 weeks now and haven't lost a pound! All I've had is water. Normal?

Are you in a deficit?
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Diet coke triggers my appetite, and I always go over by 200-300 calories on a day I have a Diet Coke.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    edited February 2016
    Obviously diet soda is fine, but jesus christ it comes off in this thread as if they're inter-changable liquids
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    auntiebabs wrote: »
    Diet coke triggers my appetite, and I always go over by 200-300 calories on a day I have a Diet Coke.

Does absolutely nothing to my appetite either way, and I drink (on average) one can every day. Has absolutely zero effect upon my appetite or ability to maintain a deficit.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Yes if you are only going by the calories. The diet pop is still crap going into your body.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Yes if you are only going by the calories. The diet pop is still crap going into your body.

Have you tried diet A&W root beer? The bomb
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member
    sanfromny wrote: »
    Has anyone seen those videos where they por Reg. Coke on a car battery and it eats away the corrosion? -that's a little pass fear mongering....WIll Diet coke do they same thing, just eat our insides out.

Have you seen what happens when you pour water+baking soda on a car battery? The corrosion is eaten away. Are you going to stop drinking water and eating bread?

It's even worse than that. Have you seen the Grand Canyon? Water did that. Imagine what 64 ounces a day (the bare minimum recommendation of those who argue that all hydration must come from unadulterated water), consumed day in and day out, week after week, year after year, will do to your insides, if it can dig a hole that size in the earth. (shudder)
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    kingkam21 wrote: »
    It's the same but it's not the same on your intestines. I don't eat fast food but it's like me saying that if I eat a burger from mc Donald's of 500+ calories than its the same as if I was to eat my wild caught fish burrito of 500+ calories. Calories are the same bit ingredients are definitely not. Remember, you are what you eat. Always enjoy your meals spiritualy and physically

Nicely said. :)
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Obviously diet soda is fine, but jesus christ it comes off in this thread as if they're inter-changable liquids

Diet soda is over 90% just water. It's just water with flavor, nothing more. It's not some mysterious liquid that's not made out of water.
  • eba2003
    eba2003 Posts: 43 Member
    It's the same but it's not the same on your intestines. I don't eat fast food but it's like me saying that if I eat a burger from mc Donald's of 500+ calories than its the same as if I was to eat my wild caught fish burrito of 500+ calories. Calories are the same bit ingredients are definitely not. Remember, you are what you eat. Always enjoy your meals spiritualy and physically

Your body has no "fast food detector". Everything you eat simply gets taken apart into its components.
    The burger is starch carbs from the bun, some fiber and sugars from the lettuce, tomatos etc. protein and fat from the meat, some sugar and whatever from the sauce.
    The burrito has starch carbs from the wrap thing, some fiber and sugars from whatever veggies are in it, protein and fat from the fish, if there's sauce in it sugar and stuff.

The fast food burger will have preservatives and additives that ruin your body, the meat won't be from a grass fed cow adding to the strain.

Water flushed out toxins from your body. Zero calorie coke adds them back in, causes bloating and digestive issues.

Eating highly processed food made in a factory by scientists whose purpose is to get you addicted to their "food" does not do the same thing to your body as eating fresh real food, even if the calories are the same.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    eba2003 wrote: »

Your body has no "fast food detector". Everything you eat simply gets taken apart into its components.
    The burger is starch carbs from the bun, some fiber and sugars from the lettuce, tomatos etc. protein and fat from the meat, some sugar and whatever from the sauce.
    The burrito has starch carbs from the wrap thing, some fiber and sugars from whatever veggies are in it, protein and fat from the fish, if there's sauce in it sugar and stuff.

The fast food burger will have preservatives and additives that ruin your body, the meat won't be from a grass fed cow adding to the strain.

Water flushed out toxins from your body. Zero calorie coke adds them back in, causes bloating and digestive issues.

Eating highly processed food made in a factory by scientists whose purpose is to get you addicted to their "food" does not do the same thing to your body as eating fresh real food, even if the calories are the same.

Orly?

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/research-review/hormonal-responses-fast-food-meal.html/
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member

Ruin your body? How so?

You make it sound like a burger is going to make you dissolve from the inside out, nonsense.

Your kidneys are able to filter out much worse things than a burger, I can assure you.

• mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Although they both offer zero calories, water will always be the healthier alternative. Try to get in the habit of only drinking water!!

No not always. I know countless occurrences where tap water has bacterial counts and other contaminants that are beyond safety levels. around here, with old houses, many of which have lead pipes, the lead count from the taps can be above recognized safety levels for consumption.

So while I believe water is better than Diet Coke (and I do love my diet colas), not even covsidering aspartame, I wouldn't use "always".
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member

List the toxins in Zero calorie coke, please.
  • eba2003
    http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/science-vs-soda-whats-really-in-your-diet-coke

You can read this starters.

And going back to the other points, of course one fast food burger is not going to kill you. You can stay within your calorie range eating processed foods and still lose weight, but it won't make you feel good and healthy....
  • eba2003
    It's not just about the macros, the micros are really important too!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/science-vs-soda-whats-really-in-your-diet-coke

And going back to the other points, of course one fast food burger is not going to kill you. You can stay within your calorie range eating processed foods and still lose weight, but it won't make you feel good and healthy....

Meh, I feel great.
  • tmorton03
    tmorton03 Posts: 22 Member
    I've lost 85 pounds. Not one day have I given up my Diet Mt. Dew! But as with everything, moderation is the key!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited February 2016
    It's not just about the macros, the micros are really important too!

What micros are we getting from water?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

Men's Health?

Which ones are the actual toxins?

Also, I eat processed food, I lost weight, AND I feel good AND I am healthy. Must be a special snowflake.