Weighing Yourself

When and how is the best way to accurately weigh yourself? In the morning, at night, with clothes without clothes?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    First thing in the morning after using the bathroom, naked.
  • runningalice
    runningalice Posts: 71 Member
    As long as you are consistent it will be fine, you are lightest in the morning and if you wear the same clothes you will be fine!
  • majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Choose a time and stick to that.

I find first thing in the morning is best for me. I try to only step on that scale once a week. I'm trying to get on it less than that now...
    You don't have to worry about "is that really accurate because I just ate an hour ago" feelings. :p
  • HeidiThe9
    HeidiThe9 Posts: 48 Member
    I am constantly on the scale! I love seing the fluctuations through the day. First thing in the morning vs right before bed the night before. Before the gym vs after, before and after the bathroom happy-138.jpg

I usually only log once a week, or a new low point!
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Agreed with just being consistent. Weight naturally fluctuates by 2-3 lbs in most people. Remember thought to take measurements and track inches loss because the scale isn't always the best indicator of progress.
  • RowingBill
    RowingBill Posts: 36 Member
    Ninkyou wrote: »

After your shower.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited February 2016
    Blow all the air out of your lungs.

I weigh every morning at 6am and average out the last 7 days everyday. This stops me going fruit loopy, even a .2lb loss is a win for me, on the average. I fluctuate everyday so don't take the daily weight seriously.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,968 Member
    RowingBill wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »

After your shower.

I have a friend who will never weigh if her hair is wet. I shower at night so that's not an issue for me. I weigh in the morning after using the bathroom, either naked or in underwear.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Blow all the air out of your lungs.

Remind me to try this next time maybe it will help haha.