Eat more...lose more????

2»

Replies

• giantwisdom
    giantwisdom Posts: 22 Member
    I have no opinion on the advice you're being given by your trainer since it's impossible to give you that without looking at the same facts he looked at (your exact diet, etc.).

However, your goal should not be to lose weight, per se, but rather to get leaner. It is possible to get leaner by gaining weight if most of the weight you gain is muscle. It is also possible to get leaner by maintaining weight if you are losing fat but that weight loss is being replaced by muscle (however, it's very hard to both lose fat and gain muscle at the same time for someone as experienced as you).

Stop looking at the scale and focus on your bodyfat % instead.
  • Vortex88
    Vortex88 Posts: 60 Member
    edited February 2016
    FiNnY22 wrote: »
    Thanks guys some brilliant advice on here, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer and @votex88 im 95 Kilos and 5ft 10.

Wow. Okay. You are a big guy. 5'10" and 95kgs is solid.

1400 cals is waaaaaaaay too low. You should almost certainly be able to jump to 1800 and then 2000 and then 2200 with not one ounce of fat. Trust me on this.

Personally, if I were you, I would gradually (over a few weeks) increase cals up to 3000 per day (making a bet with you now that, as long as you get 150-200g protein per day and are weight training effectively and consistently you will look much better - leaner and more muscular - at those calories).

Then, stay at 3000 for a few weeks and, after that, experiment with gradually reducing to about 2200 per day for brief periods to see how your body reacts. At your height and size even 2200 is a miniscule calorie intake.

Good luck.
  • FiNnY22
    FiNnY22 Posts: 126 Member
    Awesome thank you all guys. This is great, glad I posted.
  • FiNnY22
    FiNnY22 Posts: 126 Member

Vortex88 wrote: »
    FiNnY22 wrote: »
    Thanks guys some brilliant advice on here, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer and @votex88 im 95 Kilos and 5ft 10.

Wow. Okay. You are a big guy. 5'10" and 95kgs is solid.

Solid. Ha that made me smile. I used to play Strong Safety and then Linebacker when I played football, so I guess solid is a good description
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Ditch the Tanita scale and any bio-impedence measurement as something that will give you an iota of useful information.

This needs to be said again, those things are really inaccurate!