iPhone apps for meal planning?

Anyone know of a good app to help meal plan? I'd like to start doing this and thought I'd ask the community. :)

Replies

• ifyouonlyknew1492
    ifyouonlyknew1492 Posts: 64 Member
    Anyone use the app Bigoven? Or Mealboard for $3.99?
  • krrbrr
    krrbrr Posts: 221 Member
    personally I LOVE AnyList!

It is a grocery list/meal plan/recipe storing app all in one! I just wish it somehow would sync with MFP :)
  • ifyouonlyknew1492
    ifyouonlyknew1492 Posts: 64 Member
    krrbrr wrote: »
    personally I LOVE AnyList!

It is a grocery list/meal plan/recipe storing app all in one! I just wish it somehow would sync with MFP :)

How's the meal planning part of it? Is that extra to pay for once you download that app?
    By reading the reviews it looks like they listen to their customers and fix the bugs quickly. :)
  • krrbrr
    krrbrr Posts: 221 Member
    The meal planning looks like a standard calendar which I personally really love! You can add either recipes or notes on what you'll be making and specify which meal you're making it for. It does take quite awhile to set everything up the way you want it to, but once you have your recipes entered it all flows VERY easily between the recipes, meal plan calendar, and grocery list.

The initial download is free (or used to be) so you can check out the app that way, but yes the meal plan calendar I think is a yearly subscription. I am on my 2nd year of the subscription now though and will never use another app again!

To enter in recipes you can use the browser function in the app and go to the website where your recipe is at (very useful if you use pinterest and have a lot of sites with saved recipes or even a site like allrecipes or food.com). Then it's as easy as saving the recipe, opening the calendar up and adding that recipe for that date. From there when it's time to grocery shop you can click on the recipe through the meal plan calendar and automatically add the items you need to your grocery list!

I have contacted their customer service before and received an almost immediate response and have even sent in suggestions and they're more than willing to add on features that you suggest too! Haha man I should be sponsored for talking up this app so much, but really it is awesome! Maybe not as "frilly" as some of the apps out there these days, but I personally prefer the nice clean look to it.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    eatthismuch is a pretty good app that lets you set macros. Free version only gives you one day at a time.