What Are Some of Your Weightloss Related Goals?

Other than losing the weight itself, and becoming healthier, what are some other goals that you have?

I'm watching a weightless show, and they showed a guy going to weekly water aerobics classes and the site of the pretty pool just made me so happy!

Some goals I have are to get back more in touch with my body. I've always loved dancing, but it's hard when you are morbidly obese and when you worry about how people will view you. Remember, the Hippo or Pig or Elephant in a tutu is supposed to be just the most hilarious thing ever. ***eye roll***

But I do love dance and I love swimming, and I feel like I want to be more active in life. I want to do things that make me happy, that aren't only reading or sedentary things.

So, in the next 30 days I will commit to taking a fitness class and hopefully also taking a yoga class. :)

And I do have a goal of wearing fitness clothes and it not look awkward. :)

Replies

• nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    To be honest, I just want to be hot. I'm already decently healthy, I just want to look as good as I possibly can because....I can! :D
  • serenaraven84
    serenaraven84 Posts: 17 Member
    1) I'm going to quite a few music festivals this summer and I want to be able to wear little sundresses without feeling self-conscious or looking ridiculous.
    2) Yoga - I have so many goals/poses that I want to accomplish and I feel like they would be easier if I could lose this extra 25 pounds.
    3) My work pants are getting tight again and I REFUSE to buy a bigger size.
    4) I am going hiking/camping/kayaking this summer and want to be fit enough to be able to keep up!
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    I'm going to be 50 in a couple years and I will be damned if I cross that line being fat and feeling frumpy. I am a lover of fashion and style and I can't figure out how to dress this body. I need my old body back! I'm going to but a totally new wardrobe when I reach my goal weight. Super excited!

Also, we bought a lake house this past year and I am tired of being chunky on my boat. I need to add strength to I can wakeboard again.
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    This is probably weird but I want to fly. I have been avoiding vacations because I am afraid the belt (actually I KNOW) won't fit and I would be mortified to ask for an extension.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    - I want to be at my "goal weight" by 30 (July 2017) [my weight related goal]
    - short term, I want to jog for 10 minutes straight. Long term, I want to jog a 5K
    - I want to be able to run and run and keep on running with my son. He's two now, but when he's older, I want to be able to play ball and whatever with him for HOURS
    - I want to be the fun mom! While other kids' moms are sitting on the couch while their kids play outside, I will be outside playing with them!
    - I want to feel prettier! I have a decent amount of confidence no matter what my size, but you always feel more attractive when clothes aren't making you uncomfortable!
    -I want somebody to be JEALOUS of my fitness. I long to be those women who jog on the treadmill for an hour with no problem. I want somebody to want to be me!
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    I loath clothes shopping. I want to be able to go into a regular store and have so many more (better) choices. I can't promise I'll like it anymore than I do now, but not feeling like I'm being banished to fashion Siberia would be nice.
  • SwimmyD
    SwimmyD Posts: 96 Member
    briegirl28 wrote: »
    Other than losing the weight itself, and becoming healthier, what are some other goals that you have?

I'm watching a weightless show, and they showed a guy going to weekly water aerobics classes and the site of the pretty pool just made me so happy!

Some goals I have are to get back more in touch with my body. I've always loved dancing, but it's hard when you are morbidly obese and when you worry about how people will view you. Remember, the Hippo or Pig or Elephant in a tutu is supposed to be just the most hilarious thing ever. ***eye roll***

But I do love dance and I love swimming, and I feel like I want to be more active in life. I want to do things that make me happy, that aren't only reading or sedentary things.

So, in the next 30 days I will commit to taking a fitness class and hopefully also taking a yoga class. :)

And I do have a goal of wearing fitness clothes and it not look awkward. :)

Why wait on the pool? Why not start now? If it makes you happy just watching it on tv, imagine how happy you'll be when you are actually in one! The best thing about water is that you are relatively weightless compared to land. Use it to your advantage as a key to improving your fitness!! Good luck!
  • briegirl28
    briegirl28 Posts: 121 Member
    Irishsugar wrote: »
    This is probably weird but I want to fly. I have been avoiding vacations because I am afraid the belt (actually I KNOW) won't fit and I would be mortified to ask for an extension.

I understand your fears as I had the same ones, but I've actually been able to ask the flight attendants for one very discretely and I've even had other people suggest that I get one. Yes, it feels awkward, but traveling is so pleasurable :)
  • briegirl28
    [/quote]
    Why wait on the pool? Why not start now? If it makes you happy just watching it on tv, imagine how happy you'll be when you are actually in one! The best thing about water is that you are relatively weightless compared to land. Use it to your advantage as a key to improving your fitness!! Good luck![/quote]

oh, I plan on going swimming as a heavy person. I will be embarrassed of course, but, as long as there aren't really attractive guys pointing and staring or super thin women pointing and staring or dry heaving, I think I will be only a little bit self-concious. Probably because I lost a lot of weight in my legs when I got sick. Still cellulite city, but oh well.

I need to find a nice pool I want to go to that is easy to access by public transit.
  • SwimmyD
    SwimmyD Posts: 96 Member
    Why wait on the pool? Why not start now? If it makes you happy just watching it on tv, imagine how happy you'll be when you are actually in one! The best thing about water is that you are relatively weightless compared to land. Use it to your advantage as a key to improving your fitness!! Good luck![/quote]

oh, I plan on going swimming as a heavy person. I will be embarrassed of course, but, as long as there aren't really attractive guys pointing and staring or super thin women pointing and staring or dry heaving, I think I will be only a little bit self-concious. Probably because I lost a lot of weight in my legs when I got sick. Still cellulite city, but oh well.

I need to find a nice pool I want to go to that is easy to access by public transit. [/quote]

Gosh, I've never seen anything like that where I swim. If you go to an adult "lap and leisure swim", folks are usually just hell bent on getting their workout in the one hour they have the pool time. They aren't watching others because they are too busy! The thing about swimming is that it's for any body type. I see all shapes and sizes and ages where I swim. Nobody cares.

I wish you confidence Brie, to get out there and just do it, irrespective of what people say or do when they see you. You are doing it for you, not for them.
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    I want to shop in any store that takes my fancy and not have to seek out the plus size section. That's it. : )
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    I want to feel comfortable in a swim suit to get back into swimming / beach. I want to be more flexible and not have cramps and stiffness. I want to be more active....play with my dogs and my boys more. I want to be able to buy the kind of clothes I like...instead of "making do" with clothes I don't like, but they fit, are affordable, and hide / "flatter" my weight as much as possible. I want to be able to workout with / go on runs/jogs with my husband. I want to look good in general. I also have medical reasons...prediabetes and sleep apnea that would be much approved...especially with the sleep part (more and better sleep = more energy!).
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    I'd like to be able to wear good looking/fitting clothing that they just don't make for large people. I'd also like to be able to take my shirt off at the pool, or beach, and not feel utterly self-conscious.
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Kkallisti wrote: »
    To be honest, I just want to be hot. I'm already decently healthy, I just want to look as good as I possibly can because....I can! :D

^This

I have a good friend who is a male model. Has always been ridiculously good looking, and the effect it has on women is insane! Having a six pack changes the game completely. I won't be satisfied until I make rooms uncomfortable just by stepping into them.
  • briegirl28
    Nage3000 wrote: »

^This

I have a good friend who is a male model. Has always been ridiculously good looking, and the effect it has on women is insane! Having a six pack changes the game completely. I won't be satisfied until I make rooms uncomfortable just by stepping into them.

I will admit that six-pack abs are overrated. I find guys who have them to be kind of, er, focused on their looks but not their minds or personality, and sometimes because of all the attention they get, they can sometimes be superficial towards women. These are all generalities of course and not the rule of thumb.

I will admit that if a guy is posting a pic of his six pack abs, I probably won't swipe right. :(
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    My wife and I do ballroom dance, and i want it to be easier for her to lift me in swing!!
  • mustangEvie
    mustangEvie Posts: 39 Member
    - Lower my blood pressure.
    - Clothes shop in the regular section (not in Plus Sizes).
    - Take a boxing class.
  • srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    I want a cute short haircut! I know I won't feel confident enough to rock one though until I reach my goal..
  • srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2016
    Nage3000 wrote: »

^This

I will admit that six-pack abs are overrated. I find guys who have them to be kind of, er, focused on their looks but not their minds or personality, and sometimes because of all the attention they get, they can sometimes be superficial towards women. These are all generalities of course and not the rule of thumb.

I generally also agree with this. I can't help but slightly assume they don't have other hobbies.

But I'm also not attracted to washboard abs so \(^^) /
  • SamiHearken
    SamiHearken Posts: 178 Member
    My first goal is to healthy enough to have a baby (lesion marriage so getting pregnant is a little harder then normal) and then be able to run around after my kids
    My second goal is to lose more weight then my mother without plastering it all over fb like she has. UT annoys me so much when she does that