Protein.. name yours

Replies

• Deer, chicken, fish. Yogurt, mainly Oikos Triple Zero!
  • WeekendWarriorTX
    WeekendWarriorTX Posts: 1,844 Member
    i bought a tub of 2% milkfat cottage cheese yesterday to help me get more protein
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    for me my main sources would be chicken, greek yoghurt, eggs, cans of salmon and quinoa, tofu
  • MogMog_2
    MogMog_2 Posts: 62 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    MogMog_2 wrote: »
    Meat, fish, beans and lentils, dairy, eggs, grains, nuts and seeds, vegetables. Do you want me to list everything? lol
    Yes if you could that would be great.. ;) ( im being sarcastic) grains, nuts & seeds really don't appeal to me but I think its something I should work on. Thanks.

Well grains, nuts, and seeds are not the best sources of protein anyway.

I won't bother licking the bottom of the bird cage just yet then :#
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    I miss greek yogurt SO much :( Gives me the worst acid reflux after eating I can't do it anymore.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Meat, milk and eggs.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Mostly chicken, especially for weekday lunches. I also enjoy tuna, but have been off of it lately for some reason. I should try it again. But with chicken I can easily cook a whole pan on the weekend and have enough for my partner and I all week.
  • Nightnurse33
    Nightnurse33 Posts: 30 Member
    EGG WHITES or Egg Beaters
  • mrshrittie
    mrshrittie Posts: 2 Member
    Lots of vegetables along with some lentils, beans, chickpeas and occasionally some tofu
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    MogMog_2 wrote: »
    Dreven1989 wrote: »
    I love Turkey personally. Usually very lean, slow cook its tender as anything
    turkey! Forgot that one too. I find it a bit dry sometimes but thats probably down to me overcooking it. Thanks.

I've found you can't bake turkey thighs like chicken thighs - they will dry out - but they are phenomenal pot roasted. Here are some recipes.

http://blackgirlchefswhites.com/wordpress/succulent-spiced-turkey-carnitas-recipe/ (I used the cooking method from the next link.)
    http://www.marthastewart.com/313681/apple-braised-turkey-thighs
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    the most: chicken, beans, lentils, eggs, cheese, yogurt, tuna, peanut butter
    sometimes: turkey, pork, beef, bread, broccoli, pasta
    rarely: milk
    never- protein shakes or bars
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Tofu, beans, plants seitan, hemp, nuts etc..
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    I eat alot of chicken breasts, pork, salmon, tuna, halibut,eggs and protein powder. High protein bread
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    My main sources are milk, yogurt, gelatin, protein powder and to a lesser extent steak and seafood.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    Cottage cheese every morning, tuna most days, chicken, beef, pork and lamb on dinner rotation, legumes in my lunch salads, and nuts as snacks.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Greek yogurt and peanuts every day. The main meal may be hamburger, ham, chicken.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    tuna, greek yogurt, protein powder and bars, chicken sausage, ground turkey, weekly hamburger, kodiak cakes, shrimp, pork
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    For me, it's mostly Quorn and have found Quorn to be cheaper than meat, and lower calorie so it fits my budget and 1200 cals quite nicely. A "southern style burger" is 123 calories so vs a 100g chicken fillet of about 200-odd, it works.

Things like beef mince is about 250-300 per 100g, depending on how you cook it of course, but good old Quorn mince is 105 though that goes up once I've added to it during cooking. For things like spaghetti bolognese I can have a much larger portion if I use Quorn which makes me less prone to snacking or getting grumpy.

Without actual red meat, I do have to find other way of getting my iron. A few years ago, a faddy diet left me with severe anaemia and on high-does iron pills so I am very vigilant about that one but I get what I need without having more calories than if I just had beef so Quorn is my go-to.

On 1200, every little thing helps!!
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    All of them.
    Except brussel sprouts. Those are evil.
  • 3p0l0v3sU
    3p0l0v3sU Posts: 34 Member
    eggs and popcorn. Milk and beans are nice too.