March 2016 Running Challenge

Replies

• Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    edited March 2016
    @skippygirlsmom ...your physical therapist is letting you goal for 100 ? AWESOME!! I see mine on Wednesday and bcuz he tried to kill me simply for wanting a long run, I'm considering just asking for him to give me a mileage goal and see how close together we are. And then lying. LYING to him and agreeing that his goal was my goal too!!

@kristinegift I'm totally in awe of your mileage. Some day, some day!

@9voice9 Hello my name is Arleen and I have a running problem too...I want to do more than my current ability allows. That's a problem. Perhaps a 12 step program...oh wait! I have that! I started on week two already today because it takes me to my HM in May ;)

exercise.png
  • KWKirkbride
    KWKirkbride Posts: 119 Member
    Hmmmmm My heart is telling me 100, but my mind is telling me no. I'll go for 96. It's quite the jump from 70 in February but I want to push myself more and I think up for it.

Secondary goal is to be a bit more active in here. It's really hard to keep up with everything but I'll try.

After peaking with an 8 mile run in February I'm hoping to complete a 10 miler in March.

Final goal is to sign up for a race.

Good luck to everyone and welcome to all the new people.

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Feb Total 56.3 km
    Feb Goal 45 km – Achieved! That was with a couple of injuries, so I'm aiming higher this month.

March Goal: 60 km

1 Mar – 3 km (testing my new orthotics)

Upcoming:
    May 8: Mother’s Day Classic 8.4 km

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Lisa, I'm 49, and I am trying to get myself back into running. It's been probably a year and a half since I ran 5k straight. I have been training on the treadmill for the last couple of weeks trying to get myself ready for a fun 5k run in town on April 1st. I know it's not the same as training outdoors, but the weather...! I am going to set my goal at 100k for March. That will include walking and running.

Hi @HASWLRS I'm 49 and started running in September. I look forward to following your progress. Good luck!
  • pacificnorthwitch
    pacificnorthwitch Posts: 14 Member
    I'd like to join! I'm 'new' runner, but I love it already. I usually run 1.5/2 miles per run. I live in Alaska and don't have winter gear, so most of my runs are on the treadmill. But sometimes, like today, I get out and brave the ice. I can't wait for summer!

Last month I ran 15 miles total. For March, I'd like to set my goal to 25 miles total. And as much outside time as possible! I also aim to slowly increase the length of my runs.

I look forward to getting to know the community ❤
  • drucillak13
    drucillak13 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in for 50! Just got a treadmill!
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,063 Member
    I'm going to aim for 60 miles this month. 50 might be more realistic but I'm feeling optimistic. Good luck everyone

exercise.png

• dominichoran
    dominichoran Posts: 18 Member
    Plan says 323 miles which will take me to 10 days pre marathon, so will be in the middle of the taper - sooo looking forward to that.
  • Ron_Dco
    Ron_Dco Posts: 51 Member
    Hi Guys,

I am putting up a Challenge of 40 Kms for March.

exercise.png
  • lillymacki55
    lillymacki55 Posts: 35 Member
    Newbie to community. Just returned to running after 3-year hiatus. So far, so good. Interested in seeing if I can break 100 in a month.

exercise.png

• Dibbsa
    Dibbsa Posts: 19 Member
    Hi All, I did introduce myself on another post. Sandra, London, UK, 46 yrs young (although my knees feel 146). Previously done marathons and good distances, last few years lazy, gained weight. I've lost 24lbs since January 4, got back up to 4 miles, aim to be doing 10K by the end of the month. Generally run along the River Thames at lunchtime from the office, so have a great place to run. So goal this month in total? 60 miles and another 6lbs weight loss as I go on hols on Thursday, 24 March.
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Well I aimed for 20 miles in Feb and did 25, so this month i'll go up to 30 miles as my goal. :smile:

exercise.png

• freakymistkd
    freakymistkd Posts: 586 Member
    March Goal - 50km walking

March 1 - 3km

47km to go ;-)
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,063 Member
    01/03 3.5miles - tough against the wind and very harsh on my face

exercise.png

@Dibbsa - Running along the Thames sounds lovely
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    @dominichoran - 323! Oh my gosh! That's like a full time job. I always joke that all my training is like a part time job.

I love it when the 1st falls on a day I run! Definitely a bigger calorie burn with intervals than my steady run, but I like doing both. I read something yesterday (can't remember where) that said those of us that look as exercise as "training" do better (keep it up), than those who just look at it as "exercise". I realized that's how I've been thinking of all my running, biking, lifting. I wouldn't have really thought of setting goals for runs until I found this great thread over a year ago.

March 1 - 5.05 miles.

exercise.png

3/3 Orlando City Soccer 5K
    10/23 Cocoa Beach HM (need to sign up but waiting to see when Nike HM is).
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    3/1: Rest day

What a way to kick off the month... with a rest day!! I'd typically cross train on Tuesday, but given the gross nature of my hands as they heal from their weekend fall, I'm pushing that to Friday. I can think of few things I want to do less today than grab stationary bike handles with hands this tender. Back to the training grind tomorrow!

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    3/12: Run O' The Mill 5K (Clinton, NJ)
    4/3: Caesar Rodney HM (Wilmington, DE)
    5/1: New Jersey Marathon (Lots of towns, NJ)

Virkati wrote: »

@kristinegift I'm totally in awe of your mileage. Some day, some day!

@Virkati Some day, indeed! This time last year, I was happy to hit 120, with 140 the upper limit of my mileage for my spring marathon training. Slow but steady! :)
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member

Hi @HASWLRS I'm 49 and started running in September. I look forward to following your progress. Good luck![/quote]

I thought the exact same thing when I read your profile and your goals! Good luck to you as well!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    1-nothing yet, head cold, maybe this afternoon

RACES:
    Jan 16-Frosty 5k-33:43:123 (gun time-don't have chip time)
    Feb 13-Steve Cullen Run 8k chip time: 53:37
    Feb 15 Puppy Love Virtual Run 10k runkeeper time: 1:13:20
    ?Mar 14-Great Pi Run?
    May 7-Door County Half Marathon
    ?Jun 11-Rock n Sole 5 or 8k? honeymoon might interfere
    June 19th through Sunday, July 10th SHE Power Virtual Half

exercise.png

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    vandinem wrote: »

I have learned my lesson and am scaling back to avoid another overuse injury. I'm in for 80 and we'll see how this goes!

@Elise4270 - This is it ... the month where we both stay healthy!

Amen to that! And that everyone else here has an injury free March. I've upped my mileage, but added lots of walks.
  • cbrunenkant
    cbrunenkant Posts: 16 Member
    I'm in for 45. I'm heading into week 3 of C25K!

exercise.png