Protein.. name yours

Replies

• generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 401 Member
    Protein is always a hard one for me. I focus on eggs, chicken, and greek yogurt. I also love black beans.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited March 2016
    The only day I had 2 servings of chicken is the only day I've blown past my goal on protein intake.
    I begin with a protein shake. The Body Fortress brand from Wal-Mart is cheap enough and easy enough and even the milk has a few mg of protein in it. Later in the day I have a serving of fish, usually, or chicken. I also have a serving of beans with my dinner. Today this got my protein intake to 80 mg, which the recommended minimum.
  • BrideSept2017
    BrideSept2017 Posts: 28 Member
    Tuna, pb2, and chicken mainly.
  • RUNucbar
    RUNucbar Posts: 160 Member
    richln wrote: »
    All of them.
    Except brussel sprouts. Those are evil.

Satan's secret weapons. Nothing killed childhood Christmas more than being forced to eat the evil little *kitten* balls.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Lean meat including chicken, fish, turkey. Also really like black beans and quinoa. To make sure I hit my macro target I will use a grade 7 whey protein concentrate.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Steak and chicken, occasionally cheese. I would eat steak every night if money allowed LOL.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 866 Member
    Free range wild protein only.

Venison,Black bear,Wild Turkey,Walleye,Perch,Pike...
  • jaebennetti
    jaebennetti Posts: 44 Member
    my favorites is hummus, pinto beans, turkey
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Greek yogurt, cheese (these two I eat pretty much every day), eggs, chicken, tuna, salmon, shrimp, beef, pork, turkey, Quest bars if I have the money for them (right now eating Luna Protein, but they aren't as satisfying)
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    MogMog_2 wrote: »
    Hi, i read a lot on here about the importance of proteins, high protein diets etc & just wondering how you get yours?? Chicken seems to be my main source, not intentionally, I just enjoy it & its something the whole family will eat. And yours..??

Chicken breast, ground turkey, and eggs are my top 3 sources.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Chicken
    Turkey
    Cans of tuna in spring water
    Fresh fish (salmon, cod, haddock...)
    Eggs

And if I'm short of time or can't face more food but need more protein, I've got a really nice isolate that's tasty and easy to digest. http://www.monkeynutrition.com/primal26-pro-advanced-whey-protein-isolate/
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    edited March 2016
    I get a good variety whether it's from salmon, chicken, beef or even sardines (highly nutritious, low cal and tons of protein), turkey when it's in season. I also get protein from veggies, cheese, eggs, etc. I also just ordered some organic whey protein shakes to add to my diet for post workout meal as it will get delivered to my body faster b/c it's liquid meal and you have only 30 mins to 1 hour window to get protein in. My weight training workouts have been suffering a little so I want to add more energy and protein to it :)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited March 2016
    Salmon, trout, tuna steaks, shrimp, chicken, Greek yogurt, cheese - those are my main go-tos for protein.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    1- Chicken
    2- Special K Protein cereal w/milk
    3- Protein Chips (quest)
  • ren3liz
    ren3liz Posts: 45 Member
    I make egg muffins with whole eggs, cottage cheese, spinach, and turkey bacon. Easy...Make for the week and heat in microwave.

Other Proteins: Greek yogurt, for affordability chicken is a staple, ground turkey, occasional beef or pork, fish, hard boiled eggs. Lentils...mainly in the form of lentil sloppy joes. :p Oh string cheese! Lately string cheese and turkey pepperoni has been a good 100 cal snack at work.
  • ren3liz
    ren3liz Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2016
    A can of tuna with salt, pepper, and lemon juice is great. I guess I eat everything :) And SARDINES!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I probably don't get as much as I should...but Greek yogurt is probably my go-to.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    edited March 2016
    My favorite lunch. 80 grams of protein. I mix it together.

yn2qjx0q8q8w.png

68892776.png
  • access2003
    access2003 Posts: 11 Member
    chicken for the most part.. and I use Isopure Zero Carb whey protein powder
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Chicken
    Eggs
    Deer/bear/elk
    Beef