Week #5 - February 29 - Leap Into Spring!

lizadaze
lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
edited February 2016 in Social Groups
Greetings friends!

It is a sunny day here in New England and the weather harkens of Spring's renewal. I am so happy to soon bid farewell to winter.

I've had a good week despite the stress of embarking on a new job search. I started walking for three miles each morning before work and then also keeping up with my gym schedule. I feel stronger each week. I am nervous and excited for Friday, March 4th - which is my monthly weigh in and measurement day. I sure hope to see progress as I have never worked so hard and been so consistent with my fitness goals.

My goals for this week are dependent upon what I accomplish today (Sunday) which include food shopping, cooking, cleaning up and organizing. Preparation today will help me stay on track with my eating plan. I have also been trying to sleep better, which is helping my exercise recovery and energy levels. I am dog sitting this weekend, so yesterday's walk was quite a feat. My Lily and Clara romping alongside Eli (aka Mr. Big and Beefy). Hope you enjoy this fun collage of my walking buddies.

Have a great day and let's all have an awesome week!

sr8k8uypsmwr.jpeg

Replies

• curlymop3
    curlymop3 Posts: 28 Member
    @lizadaze hope you find just the right job as a result of your current search. You've done so well with your fitness goals, and helped us too.

I did have a peek at the scales today, although I had intended to wait for two weeks before looking. Have lost 1lb this week, so that is good especially considering the TOM*, and I needed the encouragement (see *) to start all over again this week! Last week was good, and I am so tempted to relax my vigilance - but in the past that is how I then have given up. So I shall soldier on...

Goal this week therefore is to be meticulous in logging everything, at least Mon-Sat.
    (no getting to the evening, then thinking I'll just have a few biscuits etc as the rest of the day was good. Calories still count even in the evening, right?!)

I either need to think of a healthy treat (that is really a treat) to have in store, or to think of some other kind of reward for moments when I'm tempted to comfort/congratulate eat.
    Perhaps a new novel...
  • martinezkrauss
    martinezkrauss Posts: 20 Member
    I so wanted a Cinnabon at the Mall yesterday. It is right past the Sears and I was drooling. Came home and had a spearmint candy and got back to walking. Next month hopefully I will feel comfortable to treat myself. I really got my walking and dumbbell weight grove on. I'm not working (HouseHusband) so I really focused on walking and aerobics everyday as much as I could and did my 2 hour dumbbell weight routine four times this week to boot! I averaged five hours a day of the walking and aerobics. I ate my maximum calories of 2460 everyday except one. I am just not hungry sometimes when I should be, but I know I have to eat that number to be smart about this. After six hours if I have not eaten, I heat up food and after the second bite, my hunger kicks in. So it is all good.

I love Marie Forleo's Dancing off the inches, Leslie Sansome 46 min walking in place and two by Jessica Smith - Dance Walk and Indoor Walking. I am able to read for about 3 hours of my walking and finished David McCullough's The Greater Journey - American's in Paris."

I just wish I knew five years ago about walking in place at home. I have spent nearly two hours everyday walking my 'hood or the lake nearby writing down my calories, but making little progress with my weight. It is so frustrating to think how much energy I have wasted on this effort in the past. The fitness pal app really has transformed my accurate ability to track my food and be mindful about the quality of the food I eat. Being part of this group holds me accountable that I am moving forward. This week, for the first time in quite a while, I feel like I am wearing my clothes - they are not trying to keep my big o'belly contained anymore! All my x-large clothes are beginning to fit appropriately. I am really having a lot of fun with this process and down 10 lbs. Thanks guys for all your support!
  • kesslemg
    kesslemg Posts: 47 Member
    Hello everyone. I had a fairly decent week last week considering all the changes going on around here. I was down .4 lbs to bring me to a total of 10.2! I've continued my morning workouts and walking the dog twice a day. I did falter last week by not entering my dinners at night. We had healthy dinners I just didn't add them. I know that writing down my food is the toughest part of this for me. I am going to try and focus on that this week. I also packed my first work lunch yesterday! It was just a sandwich with a flat out instead of bread, carrots and hummus, and grapes. I'm going to try and add more heavy weights to my routine this week. You all are so inspiring and have kept me motivated. I thank you for that. Here's to a great week everyone!
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    The last two weeks were rough over here. Between being sick, and then my birthday (cake, cupcakes, wine) I am up 4 lbs. I'm right back where I started and feel crappy since I've been getting almost no exercise either. So, I'm bummed but trying to get back on track today. It's feeling like springtime and my cough is nearly gone so no excuses.
  • tyboskates
    tyboskates Posts: 23 Member
    Hello my motivation team!! Last week was a good week for exercise but a bad week for eating! I gave into sweets pretty much everyday and today is the day I am stopping this! I have put about 4 pounds back on and not thrilled with that number at all so I took a minute (well longer than a minute) to re-group and think about what I need to do to get back on track and it is logging my foods (which I have not been doing) and getting more water in me.

I would love to be down in weight by my birthday (in 30 days) so I have a goal to work on. I haven't lost any weight in a long time so now is my time to focus BIG time.

It is still very much winter here (snow today) which just makes me want to eat when it is cold out there. I am listening to nature sounds here at work and pretending it is nice out there so I trick my brain and think Spring! It just might work. We can so this!! Stay strong and we shall succeed!!!!! :)
  • Mjtckwnow
    Mjtckwnow Posts: 528 Member
    I ate horribly for dinner on Tuesday and the scale had a crazy scary number on Wednesday morning...but I just told myself it wasn't a "real" gain and to stay focused. I went on to have a great eating and exercising day and this morning the scale dropped right back to where it should be. So happy I didn't let 1 miss-slip derail my progress by spiraling into several days of binge eating.
  • lizadaze
    lizadaze Posts: 118 Member
    I ate horribly for dinner on Tuesday and the scale had a crazy scary number on Wednesday morning...but I just told myself it wasn't a "real" gain and to stay focused. I went on to have a great eating and exercising day and this morning the scale dropped right back to where it should be. So happy I didn't let 1 miss-slip derail my progress by spiraling into several days of binge eating.

This is such a great reminder for all of us. You are so right. Often, that immediate scale jump is just excess water and bloating from overeating and too much sodium, etc. So glad you went on to have a good day and didn't give into it. Hope you all have had a great weekend!