How much calories is a homemade sandwich

2»

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    blakeym wrote: »
    Zero calories, unless you eat it.

The sandwich will still contain calories if you don't eat it ..
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    The existentialist sandwich....
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,970 Member
    It depends on what and how much you put on it. I make my husband a sandwich every morning. It has usually around 350 calories in it. It has rye bread, pastrami, swiss cheese and brown mustard. I figured the calories by putting the bread on the scale and weigh each ingredient as I add it.
  • JLG1986
    JLG1986 Posts: 211 Member
    Measure what you put into it. Add that up. Make yourself a recipe (on your food diary page). Log.

Ta da!
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Cheese sandwich. Let's say 200 calories.

DSC_0357.jpg

Surely you mean 320 (and that's assuming it's low fat cheese).
    CollieFit wrote: »

DSC_0357.jpg

Agreed!! 200 is a vast underestimate for 2 slices of white bread and processed cheese.

Actually, the wrapped cheese I use is 60 calories a slice, and I use bread that is 70 calories for 2 slices, so not withstanding the white/sourdough-looking bread in that pic, I could do a cheese sandwich (with 2 slices of cheese even!) for 190 calories.

Sourdough is surprisingly low on the calorie scale, though. I had a sandwich at Panera that was made with a white sourdough-type bread and it was the lowest calorie option on the menu BY FAR. So maybe it is possible...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

DSC_0357.jpg

CollieFit wrote: »

DSC_0357.jpg

Agreed!! 200 is a vast underestimate for 2 slices of white bread and processed cheese.

Actually, the wrapped cheese I use is 60 calories a slice, and I use bread that is 70 calories for 2 slices, so not withstanding the white/sourdough-looking bread in that pic, I could do a cheese sandwich (with 2 slices of cheese even!) for 190 calories.

Sourdough is surprisingly low on the calorie scale, though. I had a sandwich at Panera that was made with a white sourdough-type bread and it was the lowest calorie option on the menu BY FAR. So maybe it is possible...

I was just commenting on the picture. Big slices like that are typically 110-120 calories each. And 2% American cheese is like 50 calories a slice.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    GenRoberts wrote: »
    Thanks everyone... Now I'm craving a grilled cheese sandwich

Yep. Tomorrow's lunch plans just got changed. Jerks.

Grilled_75191a_1347794.jpg