1 week 100 calories less a day challenge

Gioeyebrow
Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
Daily calories:2000

Day 1:1883 calories

Replies

• Gioeyebrow
    Anyone wanna join i thought it was a good way to lose 2 or 3 extra lbs in a week
  • Gioeyebrow
    Daily calories:1900

Day 2: 1893 calories

Nice and steady
  • Gioeyebrow
    Daily calories:1800

Day 3: 1600

Boo noones joining
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    2-3 extra pounds a week? My guess is no one is joining because it sounds very unhealthy (even dangerous).

A moderate weekly weight loss goal helps you lower your body fat percentage. You lower your body fat percentage by protecting existing lean muscle mass while losing weight. Very low calorie diets (VLCD) don't support existing lean muscle very well, your body will use that for fuel.

BTW - promoting VLCD's is against MFP guidelines.
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    My nutritionist for my diabetes prevention program actually told me to start eating 1800 calories instead of my 1300-1400 calorie a day average. This does not seem like a good idea to do this so quickly....and where are you planning to stop?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

The Challenges section also has this additional guideline, which this topic violates.

Challenges which encourage VLCDs, extreme calorie deficits through the use of exercise, or which promote weight loss goals beyond the 2lb per week will be removed.

You can read the additional guidelines here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10298436/welcome-to-the-myfitnesspal-challenges-category-please-read#latest

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.