A warm hello to all

I'm new to this whole journaling thing but am trying hard to be honest with myself. It's time to be serious about my weight / health before it get's any further out of control. Several surgeries have allowed me to slip back into all the weight I lost several years ago. Now throughly deconditioned and out of shape I am trying a new approach. Journaling my food intake (what an eye opener) and trying to begin excersizing. Just ordered Wii fit last week so any day now I will make a move to begin moving in a more intentional way to help me reach my goal. Good luck to all of you in your endevor to do the same!

Replies

• I'm new to this whole journaling thing but am trying hard to be honest with myself. It's time to be serious about my weight / health before it get's any further out of control. Several surgeries have allowed me to slip back into all the weight I lost several years ago. Now throughly deconditioned and out of shape I am trying a new approach. Journaling my food intake (what an eye opener) and trying to begin excersizing. Just ordered Wii fit last week so any day now I will make a move to begin moving in a more intentional way to help me reach my goal. Good luck to all of you in your endevor to do the same!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Good luck to you and welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Good Luck to You. I am also new to this and can relate to the eye opener on the food journal. WOW.
    I also just ordered the wii fit, I quess great minds do think alike. I also joined a gym and have started circuit training and am doing lots of walking. Once again good luck to you..
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I think writing down and seeing everything you put in your body and the exercise you do, or lack there of, is a big eye opener. This site is a tremendous help! Good luck to you!!
  • Thanks to each of you for the warm welcome. (Can't say the same for our weather) We're expecting 6-10 (more) inches of snow tonight and subzero temps~ I'm glad to know there are friendly voices on this website. Support is a very good thing :love:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Welcome Spiritdncr! This is such a great site - it really helps you focus your efforts! There's no better time than now to be our best self! Good luck - be strong!!!!:wink: