Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Coke Zero

2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    amyjane_g wrote: »
    Coke Zero does not contain any of the following:
    • Calories
    • Fat
    • Carbohydrates
    • Cholesterol
    • Sugars

It also provides zero nutritional benefits. and does not contain any protein, fibre, vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium or iron...

Makes you wonder what it actually does contain.... (If anything)

Water, flavoring, coloring, non-caloric sweeteners.

No need to wonder. All that stuff is clearly marked on the label.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    So there's a fizzy drink with zero sugar and zero calories that tastes good, of course I'm talking about coke zero but how good/bad is it for you whilst on a strict diet?

Its very good if it prevents you from going over you calories. I drink 40oz of Diet Dew each day because rather not waste 600 calories on soda. So for me, it's more of an enjoyable drink, that prevents me from going over my calories.

And BTW, I also drink 150 oz of water each day, so that can't be used against me either >:)
  • Onamissionforfit
    Onamissionforfit Posts: 90 Member
    There's hidden sugars even in diet if I want a taste of somthing other than water I drink unsweetened tea. I tried the diet sodas for awhile the outcome was not good due to the hidden sweeteners in them.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    What sugar is HIDDEN in diet soda? Surely you aren't claiming that the fact it contains artificial sweetener is hard to know.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Thanks for all that info on ADIs, @lemurcat12. I've learned something today! :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    There's hidden sugars even in diet if I want a taste of somthing other than water I drink unsweetened tea. I tried the diet sodas for awhile the outcome was not good due to the hidden sweeteners in them.

What hidden sugars are there in a drink that is clearly sugar free? The mind boggles
    How are there hidden sweeteners, the ingredients are clearly labelled

OP I drink 2-4 cans (330ml) diet drinks a day ...I also drink coffee, carbonated water

None of them have sugar (well a little lactose in the milk in my coffee), calories or any affect on my weight, the nutritional balance of my diet or my health
  • James12315
    James12315 Posts: 30 Member
    So there's a fizzy drink with zero sugar and zero calories that tastes good, of course I'm talking about coke zero but how good/bad is it for you whilst on a strict diet?

From experience coke zero didn't really affect my weight loss BUT it did play havok with my cravings. Just try limit the amount you consume.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member

Where are they hiding?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member

Where are they hiding?

They're behind you
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    a2rhdzulv52v.jpg

Did you guys even read the label?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Where are they hiding?

They're behind you

You sure it isn't belly?
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Where are they hiding?

They're behind you

They're calling from INSIDE THE HOUSE!
This discussion has been closed.