HELP

so im looking for some advice on how i can lower my bf level while gaining muscle mass, im looking to achive a very fit physic (crossfit kind of body)
im a 18 year old woman
i weigh 51kg 19%body fat
i have been actively doing fitness for 2 years and have made considerable changes to myi fitness level but i, looking to improve further and step it up a bit
my current fittness regime is:
weight lifting (whole body) twice a week
LISS once a week (6 miles on the crosstrainer)
HIIT once a week
Yoga session once a week
(i take 3 rest days, including the day i do yoga)

my current nutrition is:
1300 calories ish a day
100g of protein
i carb cycle with 120g on LISS and HITT days, 50g three days a week and 80g the other two
fat = the remaining portion of my calories (all fat is saturated and from healthy sources)
i try to have a very vaired diet with lots of fruit/veg eggs dairy meat fish etc

would love some advice on how to improve, thanks

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    If you're looking to get a fit body, and to lower your body fat% while you're already at a healthy weight-you can try a body recomp. You need your calories at maintenance, and I would probably advice you do full body lifting 3x per week instead of twice.

Personally once I got down to 19-20ish% body fat, I chose to run a bulk and really focus on gaining muscle rather than a recomp because I don't have the patience for that. It is a bit slow but it's fun to work out at maintenance calories and you will definitely see improvements.
  • Georgia422016
    Georgia422016 Posts: 38 Member
    arditarose - so if i do weights 3x a week and bunk the calories up to maintenance would i begin to see more definition? (im really wanting to uncover my abs for the summer)
  • FitnessPrincess9
    FitnessPrincess9 Posts: 27 Member
    Nutrition wide I would cut down on animal products, and protein. A woman at your age and height only needs about 50-60g of protein a day. Plus with animal products comes a lot of fat, especially in dairy. Carbs from fruits and veggies will not make you gain weight and both are still packed with protein, in fact broccoli has more protein than most meats. So pack in the veggies and cut back on dairy and eggs. Ps. I'm studying to become a personal trainer and have taken numerous nutrition classes.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    edited March 2016
    sndarling9 wrote: »
    Nutrition wide I would cut down on animal products, and protein. A woman at your age and height only needs about 50-60g of protein a day. Plus with animal products comes a lot of fat, especially in dairy. Carbs from fruits and veggies will not make you gain weight and both are still packed with protein, in fact broccoli has more protein than most meats. So pack in the veggies and cut back on dairy and eggs. Ps. I'm studying to become a personal trainer and have taken numerous nutrition classes.

Broccoli has more protein than most meats? That's so untrue, it's laughable. Where did you get that idea from?
    (Apologies for digressing your thread, OP, but I wanted to challenge bad advice)
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member

Why doesn't this suprise me... larff
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member

I would love to know where you've taken these nutrition classes... Pretty much everything you wrote in your post is unnecessary.
    I don't usually join in the pile on of posters, but what you wrote just makes no sense.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I agree with a recomp. Do a search on the thread run by usmcorp "Recomposition: losing fat while maintaining weight". She's very knowlegeable.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member

You have to be a troll. I haven't seen this much wrong information on nutrition in one paragraph in...m
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member

At 18, how many nutrition classes have you taken?