Coffee

I know it might sound a bit silly, but will I gain weight from coffee? I use Canderel sweetener and alpro soya milk here and there. I have one to two cups a day. I'm just always hearing and seeing things online !

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    coffee itself has few calories. what you add to it, is a different story. weigh and measure it.
  • professorhuggins
    professorhuggins Posts: 72 Member
    I drink 8 cups every morning and continue to lose like a champ! but i log it and the ~1/2C of soy milk that I inevitably add. Just be diligent and for Pete's sake, buy a food scale and use it...it makes logging both easier and more accurate!
  • susustar
    susustar Posts: 6 Member
    Ahhh alright, thank you!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    You don't gain weight from one particular food or beverage. You gain weight from consuming more calories than you burn.

Count your calories accurately and faithfully, stay within your calorie goal, and you'll be fine.
  • susustar
    susustar Posts: 6 Member
    Thanks for the info and will do! @professorhuggins

• WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    I drink 8 cups every morning and continue to lose like a champ! but i log it and the ~1/2C of soy milk that I inevitably add. Just be diligent and for Pete's sake, buy a food scale and use it...it makes logging both easier and more accurate!

Whew! I bet you can see noises and hear colors!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    i drink 24 oz coffee every day and manage my weight just fine with my calorie count.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,968 Member
    I drink two 8 ounce cups of coffee per day each has 2 tsp sugar and 2 tbsp half fans half. That is 70 calories each or 140 per day for both. As long as you make it fit your goal you won't gain weight. As another poster said, one food or drink will not make you gain weight if you stay in a deficit.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    I have one cup in the morning. Weekdays at work just some milk. Weekends at home, I sometimes add some cinnamon and/or chocolate powder.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    You don't gain weight from one particular food or beverage. You gain weight from consuming more calories than you burn.

Count your calories accurately and faithfully, stay within your calorie goal, and you'll be fine.

BOOM!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    edited March 2016
    susustar wrote: »
    I'm just always hearing and seeing things online !

If you spend enough time online you will discover that EVERYTHING is bad for you in one way or another. The intent is full of woo, misinformation, scare tactics and nonsense.

As long as your add-ins fit your calories, enjoy your coffee.
  • Terraforcejenny
    Terraforcejenny Posts: 47 Member
    If you don't stay properly hydrated or it upsets your stomach frequently, you might think you're gaining weight because it can cause bloating.

The calories alone in coffee aren't enough though; might want to watch creamers and sweeteners though.