Sam's OMAD thread

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    samgamgee wrote: »
    Thanks all! Now the challenge is to make sure I keep on with running every other day. Should be fairly easy as I'm firmly addicted now!

Dinner last night was excellent, I meant to take a photo but forgot - butterfly chicken with a hot marinade, peri peri chips, spicy rice, a quarter avocado and small slice of halloumi. Tonight I think we're doing steak and chips.

I got my new knee braces and had a 1-mile run tonight. Wasn't bad. I'm not that sore. Feels good to pound that pavement, aye?

Keep us updated.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Cheers all! Today is my first running day after finishing C25K, I was going to just run for half an hour but felt a bit uninspired. I've read in a lot of places that the best way to improve your speed is to run longer distances, so today I've downloaded a 10 K trainer app and am excited about jumping into the next leg of my running journey later today!

As I mentioned the other day, weight loss had sort of ground to a halt for me, moving up and down around the same pound or so... Well, my suspicions that I was retaining water were confirmed when I got on the scale this morning and saw 135.8! That's a 2.2 lb drop from yesterday. I thought the scale was broken, got on and off it holding tins that I'd weighed on the kitchen scale to check that it was registering properly, lol! But thinking about it, 135.8 is pretty much bang on where I would have expected to be at this point if my weight had been dropping normally.

Small snack today to fuel up pre-run, potentially a low cal protein shake post-run if I'm all wobbly and exhausted, then it's Friday night takeaway time so I think it'll be two double cheeseburgers (one without the bun) and some chilli cheese bites as my feast tonight - and all within my calorie goal! Huzzah!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    congrats Samee!!!! woot!!!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Great loss Sam! :)
  • samgamgee
    Last night's dinner - we ordered bento boxes instead of burgers. Chicken katsu, dumplings, salad and a load of rice!

941gb47j5ony.jpg
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    I am so happy to hear about your running. I have always said that I hate running but to fair I never gave it a try. Starting the c25k on Monday. Hopefully I will end up loving it as much as you.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    oh man.......you had dumplings......... (jiaozi I'm guessing they were) bloody yum!! I know you love running, and Im so glad you love it......but I will never run......period. LOL
  • samgamgee
    edited February 2016
    Double cheeseburger with bacon, Whopper JR, fries, chilli cheese bites and a stuffed hash brown. Now that's what I call a meal! (Took the bun off one of the burgers to make it fit my calories) wrj9fvdcbr99.jpg
  • arguablysamson
    Burgers sound good right now. Today was just white beans and fruit for me. lol
  • PowerBlackout77
    PowerBlackout77 Posts: 43 Member
    What's the hash brown stuffed with? It sounds good. :D
  • samgamgee
    Cheeeeese :D
  • PowerBlackout77
    PowerBlackout77 Posts: 43 Member
    Cheeeeese :D

YUM. :D

• samgamgee
    Hey all! Life has been a bit hectic so I haven't been updating, plus hitting 135 did weird things to my head. I think having only about 15 lbs left to go made me feel complacent, and I've been letting things slip a bit - the last week I've eaten proper lunches and like, food is delicious but oh my god eating throughout the day makes me so much hungrier! My weight is still doing the peaks and troughs thing, hitting a new low then spiking up higher and bouncing around the same pound for a couple of weeks before hitting an even lower number. It's not toooo discouraging because I know now that seems to be my weight loss pattern, but at the moment I'm 135.4 which isn't even half a pound lower than my last weight update here in mid Feb. I have been down to 134, 133, so I think I'm in the new peaks... Anyway, I took my monthly measurements yesterday and my hips and the biggest part of my belly are down an inch each, and I've lost half an inch off both my bum and my calves, so that's something. My waist hasn't moved but I naturally have a wide waist compared to the rest of me, when I was a relatively slim teenager it was still about 28 inches with 34 inch hips. Funnily enough, going from 38 hips and a 29.5 waist to 37 hips and a 29.5 waist has actually given me a less 'ideal' waist to hip ratio according to calculators lol, oh well, that's just how I'm built!

I was sitting in bed last night sipping herbal tea and feeling hungry despite eating more calories that I'd have liked to, and I realised that I really need to recommit to OMAD. I hate how hungry eating more than one proper meal a day makes me! I'm going back to walking a couple of hours on the treadmill every day because I feel like running while in a 500 calorie deficit has been pushing my body a bit too hard, which may have also been a contributing factor to me letting things slip. So it's coffee, fruit teas, gentle exercise and one large meal at dinnertime for me! I just need to keep things as simple as possible, and trust in the process. Now is not the time to be worrying about whether I have enough calories for dinner.

I'm delighted to see everyone doing so well, I've been reading threads for inspiration and you guys rock!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Sam, glad you're back! I know what you mean about feeling hungrier on two meals. It's so much easier with just the one.
  • arguablysamson
    Hey all! Life has been a bit hectic so I haven't been updating, plus hitting 135 did weird things to my head. I think having only about 15 lbs left to go made me feel complacent, and I've been letting things slip a bit - the last week I've eaten proper lunches and like, food is delicious but oh my god eating throughout the day makes me so much hungrier! My weight is still doing the peaks and troughs thing, hitting a new low then spiking up higher and bouncing around the same pound for a couple of weeks before hitting an even lower number. It's not toooo discouraging because I know now that seems to be my weight loss pattern, but at the moment I'm 135.4 which isn't even half a pound lower than my last weight update here in mid Feb. I have been down to 134, 133, so I think I'm in the new peaks... Anyway, I took my monthly measurements yesterday and my hips and the biggest part of my belly are down an inch each, and I've lost half an inch off both my bum and my calves, so that's something. My waist hasn't moved but I naturally have a wide waist compared to the rest of me, when I was a relatively slim teenager it was still about 28 inches with 34 inch hips. Funnily enough, going from 38 hips and a 29.5 waist to 37 hips and a 29.5 waist has actually given me a less 'ideal' waist to hip ratio according to calculators lol, oh well, that's just how I'm built!

I was sitting in bed last night sipping herbal tea and feeling hungry despite eating more calories that I'd have liked to, and I realised that I really need to recommit to OMAD. I hate how hungry eating more than one proper meal a day makes me! I'm going back to walking a couple of hours on the treadmill every day because I feel like running while in a 500 calorie deficit has been pushing my body a bit too hard, which may have also been a contributing factor to me letting things slip. So it's coffee, fruit teas, gentle exercise and one large meal at dinnertime for me! I just need to keep things as simple as possible, and trust in the process. Now is not the time to be worrying about whether I have enough calories for dinner.

I'm delighted to see everyone doing so well, I've been reading threads for inspiration and you guys rock!

Thanks for the update. No more than -200 under maintenance calories while active, my friend. You've got the right idea. Just recommit and slow your roll and you'll do fine (you are doing fine).
  • Missbricker
    Missbricker Posts: 29 Member
    Your update has inspired me, thanks
  • samgamgee
    Thing have been going well, had KFC as my OMAD yesterday. A big piece of chicken, two mini fillets, a hot wing, two regular fries and half a large pot of gravy... That doesn't sound like that much but it came to 1380 LOL. Was expecting a big jump in weight due to all the salt but as of this morning I'm down to 133.8! I've been getting really into drinking herbal/fruit teas, we've always had them in the house but I'm just loving them at the moment. Got a marvellous rose lemonade tea infusion which is just beautiful.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    You're right - I've also re-acquainted myself with the teas in my pantry since the beverage thread was begun on the OMAD forum. Until then, the teas had been languishing un-noticed!
  • samgamgee
    133.2 this morning - this is the first Monday in SO long that I haven't been up on the scale due to water weight! At this rate I might even manage to get under 130 by the end of March, who knows. I think tonight's meal will be meatballs in Moroccan sauce with couscous.
  • Missbricker
    Missbricker Posts: 29 Member
    Way to go on the weight loss. I too have started drink tea. I've always been a coffee drinker and really hate giving it up after drinking it for 60 years. I think tea is a much healthier choice, especially when trying to get blood pressure under control. Congratulations again on the loss