Any vegans?

Hi everyone, my name is Sidnee and I'm an eighteen-year-old vegan.

Replies

• amarie2222
    amarie2222 Posts: 4 Member
    24 year old vegan here, always happy to make more vegan friends!
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yup I'm a vegan
    I'd love some like minded friends
  • fontes830
    fontes830 Posts: 58 Member
    Yes me too!
  • RzRzRzR
    RzRzRzR Posts: 72 Member
    Me too. Northern NJ here.
  • elinor32
    elinor32 Posts: 7 Member
    I've been vegetarian for six years, trying to adopt a more vegan lifestyle although not strictly vegan (yet).
  • FitnessPrincess9
    FitnessPrincess9 Posts: 27 Member
    Yay! I am so happy that I'm not the only one. What were your reasons for going vegan? Also do you worry about protein?
  • TinaKeniston
    TinaKeniston Posts: 76 Member
    I'm vegan going on eight years. Never worry about protein. As long as you're eating healthy, you'll get what you need!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I'm vegan going on eight years. Never worry about protein. As long as you're eating healthy, you'll get what you need!

This seems like a circular argument. Since "eating healthy" includes getting sufficient protein, you're saying that anyone who is eating sufficient protein will be getting what they need. Well, yes, of course.

But this doesn't mean that some people, especially newer vegans, won't need to do a bit of research and/or planning to ensure they are meeting their needs for protein.

Some vegans *do* need to worry about protein. It's possible to not get enough to meet your goals for health or fitness. It's easy to fix, but it's a real thing.
  • marissam08
    marissam08 Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm learning about veganism. I'm very interested about it, but it's been hard cutting chicken since I'm a mother of 3 and I have to cook for my lovely children. But it seems hard to cut cheese, eggs and chicken for the kids. The cow milk it's already gone, any suggestions?
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Plant pure all the way and loving every minute of it. Anyone feel free to add me, my dairy is open. But please leave a message. I am a mother of three and the whole family made the switch. If I don't want to put it in my body, I am not going to put it in my kids bodies :) even hubby is on board. No turning back, We've been whole natural plant pure for 6 weeks now and still going strong.
  • leylapicou
    leylapicou Posts: 2 Member
    Doing a vegan diet here (:
  • aadtamhankar
    aadtamhankar Posts: 17 Member
    Woooooo!!!! Hurray for longevity and sustainability
  • aadtamhankar
    aadtamhankar Posts: 17 Member
    Hit up my profile if you want to see what I eat as an active 5'8" mostly vegan teenage girl + delicious vegan/vegetarian Indian food!!
  • MALY007
    MALY007 Posts: 1 Member
    Aloha! I'm currently a vegetarian working towards becoming fully vegan! Any tips would be greatly appreciated :)