today's menu...

Replies

• daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    6oz of vodka.....I would be a mess! :)

LOL! I've been entertaining people for many years. I'm a pro.

• jospowell1
    jospowell1 Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2016
    B: 2 eggs, 2 slices center cut bacon, 1/2 avocado, shredded cheddar, green tabasco sauce
    L: I was lazy Atkins Mocha Latte Shake, Atkins Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar.
    S: (I find it humorous, that I put the letter D with a : and it gave me D:, had to change it to S: for Supper I guess. (will be) Chicken breasts with bacon and cheese, the other 1/2 avocado, broccoli w/ garlic butter.
    W: 6 cups so far, need to get some more in.
    E: none today unless you count cleaning, packing and painting.
  • RMH2001
    RMH2001 Posts: 1 Member
    B: 3 eggs with cheddar
    L: tuna with avocado
    D : bacon ranch chicken with asparagus
    Misc coffee with cream
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Dinner was a can of tuna mixed with a chopped boiled egg and half an avocado. I only used a little bit of mayo. I put it in a bed of greens. I hardly ever eat tuna but it was good and I didn't realize how much protein it has. I also forgot how dense it was. I had planned on using two cans but I didn't need it. I have a lot of ripe avocados to use so I'm going to have it for breakfast tomorrow .
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    I was looking up bulletproof coffee yesterday. How do you prepare it and does it keep you full?

It really helps to keep you satisfied and boosts ketone production, which is great for energy.

You can adjust the amounts to your liking, but true, I call it Keto Coffee because Bulletproof is a brand name... Is coffee, coconut or MCT oil and butter.
    I use 12 ounces coffee, 1Tbs MCT oil and 1/2Tbs butter. I like salted butter, but many people use unsalted. If you intend to use it to "bulletproof fast", you will not want to add anything else, because it will break the fast. If I add sweetener or heavy cream, I don't stay satisfied as long.
    YOU MUST BLEND IT somehow. A blender, immersion blender or something...
    It will look like this. It may have less froth if it has less butter. I think this picture had a decent amount of butter in it. I don't get this much froth with 1/2Tbs.

Anyway, as far as what I ate today...

Morning: 2 cups Keto Coffee

Afternoon: 1 Grande Americano from Starbucks with 20g Kerrygold butter and a couple ounces of turkey and provolone cheese.

Evening: asparagus sautéed in butter and coconut oil with garlic and blackened tilapia fried in butter. And a square of 86% dark chocolate. And a few pork rinds I snacked on while cooking. Cuz they looked good... Lol

Will probably have some plain tea or black coffee in a bit too.
  • jospowell1
    jospowell1 Posts: 31 Member
    kimbo8435 wrote: »
    Dinner- man that pizza chicken looks good!

I ended up doing the pizza chicken for dinner. It DID look good, and it tasted good too! :)
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    edited March 2016
    Morn: BPB (2 tsp bouillon pwdr, 1 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp MCT oil and 1 tsp mag citrate pwdr)
    Noon: 2 Egg omelet with 1 oz mushrooms and 1/2 tbsp salsa
    Eve: 6 Oz hamburger patty with sauted mushrooms
    Nite: another BPB

Also had a gin gins (original chewy ginger candy) 20 cal and 5 carbs but oh so good!
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    jospowell1 wrote: »
    kimbo8435 wrote: »
    Dinner- man that pizza chicken looks good!

I ended up doing the pizza chicken for dinner. It DID look good, and it tasted good too! :)

Glad you liked it I ended up having a salad so I'll make it tomorrow!
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Breakfast - Heavy Tea
    Lunch - Loaded Grilled Chicken Breast
    Dinner - Bit of homemade sloppy joe, broccoli with butter and cheese, and another Heavy Tea
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    edited March 2016
    Just wanted to share my dinner, which was so delicious and simple, at a local restaurant. We rarely go to restaurants these days, so it was a big treat.

Chicken breast topped with grilled onions, mushrooms, poblano pepper strips and Monterey Jack cheese, with grilled zucchini and yellow squash on the side, as well as shredded lettuce and tomatoes. Veggie-heavy, but such a treat.

Our outdoor grill bit the dust at the end of last season, and we have yet to repair or replace it. Whenever we do, I'll have to see if I can recreate this at home.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    B: Coffee w/HWC, 2 eggs with a little shredded cheese
    Lunch: coconut curry beef (no rice!), also got a Starbucks iced coffee with SF hazelnut syrup and cream
    Dinner: salad, chicken-kale soup, and some strawberries with whipped cream
    Snacks this afternoon and evening included pepper jack cheese, a carbmaster yogurt, cacao nibs stirred into some PB, a few dill pickle spears, and tea.
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    megemrj wrote: »
    Loving this thread...such delicious ideas..thinking I may be eating too much by looking at a lot of the above meals...

Breakfast: bpc (20 oz) w (10g dark choc, 11 ml hwc, 1 TBS homemade ghee, 2 dash cinnamon, tsp vanilla ext, dash stevia, few turns of ground Himalayan pink salt, 20 drops vitamin d3 w mct oil, crushed ice) and .54 oz thin sliced sirloin fried in 1/2 TBS homemade ghee
    Forgot to add: 1 scoop grassfed beef collagen (to help w joint repair) w 1 TBS lemon juice

Lunch: organic baby spinach (45g), raw blueberries (.75 oz), mct oil (1 TBS), thin sliced sirloin (3oz) fried in 1/2 TBS homemade ghee, homemade lchf berry cheesecake (1 serving), sour cream (2 TBS) and coconut amino (1tsp) blended into a dipping sauce, few turns of Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper

Dinner- TBD as I have a late night meeting planned. Probably will be lchf cheesecake w hot tea and 1 TBS mct oil

What is mct oil and hwc?
    Just wanted to share my dinner, which was so delicious and simple, at a local restaurant. We rarely go to restaurants these days, so it was a big treat.

Chicken breast topped with grilled onions, mushrooms, poblano pepper strips and Monterey Jack cheese, with grilled zucchini and yellow squash on the side, as well as shredded lettuce and tomatoes. Veggie-heavy, but such a treat.

Our outdoor grill bit the dust at the end of last season, and we have yet to repair or replace it. Whenever we do, I'll have to see if I can recreate this at home.

• marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    Wow alot of variety, thanks for the great ideas and I see I eat alot compared to the "just coffee but no breakfast" people.
    B-egg muffins (this is a great grab and go protein meal)
    L-baja chopped salad with half a can of salmon
    S-pork stir fry
    Snack - turkey pepperoni & gouda cheese

I work out alot, so have to keep fueled or else I feel spaced out.
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    I wanted a coffee frappucino this morning but I went with a iced coffee with sugar free caramel syrup and cream.

Breakfast- tuna and avocado on greens
    Lunch - cabbage and sausage with mashed cauliflower
    Dinner - ???? Will probably finish off the last burger and some mashed cauli
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    B - black coffee
    L - eggs with cheese and a pepperoni stick
    D - beef chili
    S - mixed nuts (and if I walk the dog I will add some edamame and dark chocolate!)

so glad everyone loves this thread - it is giving me some great ideas :)
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    edited March 2016
    marise51 wrote: »
    megemrj wrote: »
    Loving this thread...such delicious ideas..thinking I may be eating too much by looking at a lot of the above meals...

Breakfast: bpc (20 oz) w (10g dark choc, 11 ml hwc, 1 TBS homemade ghee, 2 dash cinnamon, tsp vanilla ext, dash stevia, few turns of ground Himalayan pink salt, 20 drops vitamin d3 w mct oil, crushed ice) and .54 oz thin sliced sirloin fried in 1/2 TBS homemade ghee
    Forgot to add: 1 scoop grassfed beef collagen (to help w joint repair) w 1 TBS lemon juice

Lunch: organic baby spinach (45g), raw blueberries (.75 oz), mct oil (1 TBS), thin sliced sirloin (3oz) fried in 1/2 TBS homemade ghee, homemade lchf berry cheesecake (1 serving), sour cream (2 TBS) and coconut amino (1tsp) blended into a dipping sauce, few turns of Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper

Dinner- TBD as I have a late night meeting planned. Probably will be lchf cheesecake w hot tea and 1 TBS mct oil

What is mct oil and hwc?

Mct oil is Medium Chain Triglycerides. The one I use is a combination of coconut oil & palm kernel oil. It is odorless and tasteless. This oil is reportedly metabolized quicker by the liver and becomes energy faster than other types of fat. Some report it helps speed up ketosis. Everybody is different though...

Some say they get loads of energy. I don't get energy, or i just never knew how unenergetic i was before lol, but it does help me reach my daily fat goal as it's easy to add as a salad dressing and in drinks when needed. I also cook with it sometimes.

Hwc - heavy whipping cream (full fat not reduced or skinny)
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    edited March 2016
    B: bulletproof coffee
    S: bone broth and some fruit
    L: 3 eggs and a 6oz hamburger patty
    D : "mock" sloppy joes on a portabello bun with a side of zucchini
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 964 Member
    B - coffee with cream + coconut oil

L - Bacon wrapped scallops with roasted eggplant and red peppers + glass red wine + cappuccino

D - 2 eggs, roasted vegetables (brussel sprouts, mushrooms and shallots) and turkey sausage

snack - gelato 3 ounces (smallest cup) a friend's BD...

I love breakfast food for dinner and as my husband is back in the states I can make what ever I want :).
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yesterday:
    B: coffee with creamer and liquid splenda
    L: chicken fajitas with low carb tortillas (chicken, sour cream, lettuce, and onions)
    D : chuck roast with collard greens seasoned with ham.

Today:

B: coffee with creamer and liquid splenda
    L - 3 fried chicken wings (deli was out of the rotisserie and the fried chicken smelled amazing)
    D - 8 oz ribeye with broccoli and melted cheese

• daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    B = three eggs fried in bacon grease; three strips of bacon; 1/2 litre of water
    L = skip it
    D = 3 chicken thighs with skin cooked in gravy with green beans as a side
    S = 2 German Weiners; 1/2 cup blackberries; 1 square 85% dark Choc; 1 can club soda with Stevia sweetner