Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Breakfast yes or no?

15678911»

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    stealthq wrote: »
    Oy vey. Digestive systems falling asleep at the switch...metabolisms needing to be re-started.....

Why is there this pervasive idea that our bodies completely shut down while we sleep? Where did it come from??

Sleep is the little death ...

Oh no, la petite mort is something quite different (and I've never slept through one) ;-)
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    I'm in the crowd of "if I eat breakfast, I'm STARVING all morning and will eat anything and everything with no self-control".
    If I skip breakfast, I have great food self-control all day.

I've tried the '5 meals a day' fad back when it was touted as the only way to lose weight and fire your metabolism.
    Big, big mistake....
    I always found it funny when someone said, "A snack will kick up your metabolism". Yeah, so will a short walk down to the first floor bathroom with some body squats thrown in...
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    no options here.

im starving in the mornings and all that plays on my mind is food!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,133 Member
    There is no "One behavior suits all!"---I like to eat a little breakfast We are fortunate to have access to regular food throughout the day, and it is our daily and weekly fuel choices that make the most difference in our energy level and weight.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    I was always the type of person to never eat breakfast but I started noticing I was getting hungry earlier through out the day, so I did some research and I came to find out that eat breakfast will start your metabolism. Once I started eating breakfast (healthy breakfast) I started have energy through out the day and started having less cravings. I also noticed weight loss and more energy for any exercise I do throughout the day !!!

Do people come into these threads and post nonsense like this without even reading any of the responses? And then skip merrily away to go spread misinformation elsewhere? Like a fairy of lies?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I was always the type of person to never eat breakfast but I started noticing I was getting hungry earlier through out the day, so I did some research and I came to find out that eat breakfast will start your metabolism. Once I started eating breakfast (healthy breakfast) I started have energy through out the day and started having less cravings. I also noticed weight loss and more energy for any exercise I do throughout the day !!!

Do people come into these threads and post nonsense like this without even reading any of the responses? And then skip merrily away to go spread misinformation elsewhere? Like a fairy of lies?

Yep.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Karmc2k wrote: »
    L O V E breakfast. I eat virtually the same thing every morn, 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 2 cups of coffee. I wouldn't think of skipping it. I think it is just a good way to start your day.

So, if I don't eat breakfast, am I starting my day "bad"??

This discussion has been closed.