today's menu...

Replies

• tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Breakfast - coffee with half and half

Lunch - 3 eggs, over easy in a tbsp of butter

Snack - almonds and cheddar cheese, and a fat bomb (never made these before - wow! I better be careful with them, lol)

Dinner - roast beef and Brussels sprouts
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Breakfast: prosciutto-wrapped mozzarella. Don't ask. Usually I IF.
    Lunch: PF Chang's lettuce wrap knock off (minus the lettuce wrap), made with turkey instead of chicken and coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, a sugar-free jello cup.
    Dinner: either a taco salad or meat and cheese roll-ups from the Eastern European deli.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Oh my Love Coconut Amino's!!! Have been known to drink it right out of the bottle. Js.
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    Breakfast: prosciutto-wrapped mozzarella. Don't ask. Usually I IF.
    Lunch: PF Chang's lettuce wrap knock off (minus the lettuce wrap), made with turkey instead of chicken and coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, a sugar-free jello cup.
    Dinner: either a taco salad or meat and cheese roll-ups from the Eastern European deli.

Love coconut Aminos!!! I may or may not be known around my house to drink it straight from the bottle... No video so absolutely no proof!!
  • jospowell1
    jospowell1 Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2016
    B= Coffee w/ coconut oil and heavy whipping cream (it works! I felt full until lunch yahoo!!)
    L=avocado, tuna, provolone cheese, 15 almonds
    D= going to be steak and a salad, possibly some veggies.
    I did better on water today too.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    B: coffee with HWC, shredded chicken breast w/salsa and shredded cheese mixed in
    Snack: iced coffee w/almond milk and SF syrup
    L: tandoori chicken, chicken tikka masala and a green salad
    D: romaine salad w/some shredded mozz and avocado, chicken-kale soup, SF raspberry Jell-O
    I'll have an evening snack at some point. Need to log and see if I have any calories left ... :)
  • JessiokaFroka
    JessiokaFroka Posts: 149 Member
    edited March 2016
    Everyone's dinners look so good!

B - 2 dippy eggs, three slices bacon, 1 tbsp butter
    L - Spicy chicharones, cream cheese, and a couple of small swigs of HWC. An odd lunch, actually.
    D - Two bratwurst, salad - spinach, romaine, kale, a few berries, a small amount of macadamia nuts, and 2 Tbsp bleu cheese dressing
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    megemrj wrote: »
    marise51 wrote: »
    Loving this thread...such delicious ideas..thinking I may be eating too much by looking at a lot of the above meals...

Breakfast: bpc (20 oz) w (10g dark choc, 11 ml hwc, 1 TBS homemade ghee, 2 dash cinnamon, tsp vanilla ext, dash stevia, few turns of ground Himalayan pink salt, 20 drops vitamin d3 w mct oil, crushed ice) and .54 oz thin sliced sirloin fried in 1/2 TBS homemade ghee
    Forgot to add: 1 scoop grassfed beef collagen (to help w joint repair) w 1 TBS lemon juice

Lunch: organic baby spinach (45g), raw blueberries (.75 oz), mct oil (1 TBS), thin sliced sirloin (3oz) fried in 1/2 TBS homemade ghee, homemade lchf berry cheesecake (1 serving), sour cream (2 TBS) and coconut amino (1tsp) blended into a dipping sauce, few turns of Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper

Dinner- TBD as I have a late night meeting planned. Probably will be lchf cheesecake w hot tea and 1 TBS mct oil

What is mct oil and hwc?
    Just wanted to share my dinner, which was so delicious and simple, at a local restaurant. We rarely go to restaurants these days, so it was a big treat.

Chicken breast topped with grilled onions, mushrooms, poblano pepper strips and Monterey Jack cheese, with grilled zucchini and yellow squash on the side, as well as shredded lettuce and tomatoes. Veggie-heavy, but such a treat.

Our outdoor grill bit the dust at the end of last season, and we have yet to repair or replace it. Whenever we do, I'll have to see if I can recreate this at home.

Mct oil is Medium Chain Triglycerides. The one I use is a combination of coconut oil & palm kernel oil. It is odorless and tasteless. This oil is reportedly metabolized quicker by the liver and becomes energy faster than other types of fat. Some report it helps speed up ketosis. Everybody is different though...

Some say they get loads of energy. I don't get energy, or i just never knew how unenergetic i was before lol, but it does help me reach my daily fat goal as it's easy to add as a salad dressing and in drinks when needed. I also cook with it sometimes.

Hwc - heavy whipping cream (full fat not reduced or skinny)

Thanks, that helps alot
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    edited March 2016
    B: bbc
    L: scrambled egg with cheese and bacon
    Dinner: turned my favorite potsticker recipe in to a one pot dish. http://www.food.com/recipe/chinese-pot-stickers-13320akkdg7i7x8jw.jpg
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    Breakfast- scrambled egg, avocado, salsa, mexican cheese and sour cream all mixed together (so good) and diet gold peak tea

Lunch - mashed cauliflower with a burger and onion cheddar cheese, mushrooms and sauce

Dinner - ??? Probably parmesan broiled tilapia
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    B - black coffee
    L - not sure yet - it is my Rotary meeting today so it will involve salad and hopefully something low carb!
    D - tilapia with cherry tomatoes and black olives
    S - old cheddar, pepperoni stick, nuts

Keto flu is setting in (damn headache!) but it is also getting warmer here and the "inner thigh rub" feeling is reminding me to stay on plan ;)
  • dietbepsi
    dietbepsi Posts: 136 Member
    Last night I made a grilled cheese with Muenster and Turkey on oopsie bread and it was shockingly delicious!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,517 Member
    B: 3 medium eggs fried in ghee, 1/2 avocado, bulletproof coffe
    L: brussel sprouts, 2 portabella caps, homemade Paleo Sloppy Joe's, bone broth
    D : not sure, I work part-time for a caterer, so whatever is leftover tonight that is Paleo friendly
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    B: Quest bar and some nuts (I'm in a breakfast rut)
    sn: string cheese
    L: Flat out wrap (protein up carb down), with marinated chicken, a bit of refried beans, blue cheese, cilantro)
    sn: broccoli
    di: stir fried tofu and asparagus
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    My menu:
    Breakfast: Venti Pikes Place Roast with steamed heavy whipping cream

Lunch: 6oz chicken breast spiced with curry, tumeric, garlic and cayanne pepper. 6oz of broccoli and a chocolate sugar free Jello pudding for dessert.

Dinner: Haven't decided yet but something with hamburger. Either a hamburger patty or a big mac salad. Brussel sprouts for a side fried with garlic, bacon and olive oil. I'll make lots of that so I can have it for lunch the next day.

Snacks: 1oz smokehouse almonds, pepperjack cheese, 2 squares 90% chocolate. These are my night time snacks :)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Yesterday:
    Breakfast: Venti iced coffee w/ cream
    Lunch: Healthy Choice low carb chicken and broccoli with alfredo
    Dinner: 8 chicken wings w/ ranch
    Snack: Hot tea w/hwc. 1 square 90% dark chocolate and 1TB cashew butter.

Today:
    Breakfast: Coffee w/ hwc
    Lunch: 4 chicken wings w/ ranch
    Dinner: Chuck roast, a few carrots, topped with a fried egg, and a sprinkle of cheese.
    Snack: Hot tea w/ hwc. 1 square 90% dark chocolate and 1TB cashew butter.
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    today's menu should be

B - Coffee blended with 1T cacao, 2-3T HWC, a few drops stevia

L - Salad: Romain with bits of red onion, red bell, cucumber, 2 oz avocado, 2 slices crumbled bacon, 1 hard boiled egg, 2T chipotle ranch dressing.

S - Cheese, a few macadamia nuts

D - Baked salmon in a lemon butter sauce, broccoli with butter. Dessert was 2 stevia-sweetened cloud bread pieces topped with 2T of blended berries and 2T whipped HWC sweetened with a bit of stevia
  • KarlynKeto
    KarlynKeto Posts: 323 Member
    Chicken breast topped with grilled onions, mushrooms, poblano pepper strips and Monterey Jack cheese, with grilled zucchini and yellow squash on the side, as well as shredded lettuce and tomatoes. Veggie-heavy, but such a treat.

Sounds devine! There is a Philly cheese-steak place nearby that sells a hamburger patty loaded with the same options on top, it is so good! Plus a side salad too.

• KaseyDH83
    KaseyDH83 Posts: 100 Member
    B — Coffee with 1T of butter, 1T coconut oil, 1 egg, and stevia
    L — 9 oz baked chicken and a garden salad with ranch dressing
    D — Bacon, eggs and zesty cheddar biscuits (recipe from No Bun, Please)

If I feel like a snack, I'll probably grab a handful of nuts or a peanut butter cup fat bomb.
  • lowcarbluvin
    lowcarbluvin Posts: 17 Member
    B-16 oz black coffee w/ 1.5 TBSP heavy cream and 2 TBSP Torani SF vanilla syrup and Okios Triple Zero (a little more carbs than I like) w/1/4 c. pecans and 1 TBSP SF strawberry jam mixed in
    L- Romaine lettuce, 4 oz chicken breast, few cuke slices, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 TBSP french fried onions and ranch dressing
    S-2 fried eggs, 3 sausage links, 1/4 shredded cheese
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Love coconut Aminos!!! I may or may not be known around my house to drink it straight from the bottle... No video so absolutely no proof!!

If you would like the recipe, I found it on r/ketorecipes on reddit. I used only 2 tbsp. instead of half cup per recipe because carbs, but if it fits your macros... go nuts :wink: