Once condiment or spice you could not live without

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Too many to list. If I had to live with the absolute minimum: lemon juice, basil, paprika, nutmeg, cinnamon. If I had to live with even less, I cannot imagine ever cooking and eating again :(
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    Rosemary. :3
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    I'm another one for garlic. I was talking with a co-worker about how I buy the big jar of minced garlic to save time in the kitchen. She was appalled at my choice and came out with a line about how I'll get botulism from jarred garlic. It doesn't stick around long enough in my house to cause a problem. Also, I usually cook the dish, so I'm not too worried. :smile:

For spices, I put cumin on almost everything. Seriously, I think I use cumin more than salt!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Mrs. Renfros Ghost Pepper Salsa
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    cayenne pepper.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm a condiment w**re... I LOVE THEM ALL. I have more condiments in my fridge than food. Light Mayo, sriracha, sour cream, salt, pepper, mustard, buffalo wild wings sauces, relish, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, tony packo's, my list goes on....
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Garlic. And most recently, I have discovered Sriracha. Makes everything spicy, I love it!
  • jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    Definitely garlic, and ranch dressing - not the bottled stuff either, yuck.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    if i HAD to choose i suppose salt... but salt isn't a spice.. so garlic and salt for sure. as far as condiments thats so hard.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 314 Member
    Garlic and salt for me. I don't know how people are able to cook without salt. I use it in moderation.
    But if going salt free is what I need to make my abs show, I'm happy to say that I'll never have abs.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Reduced sugar ketchup lol
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    BBQ sauce.
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Cinnamon.
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Cumin and yellow mustard.... Tony chacheres is a close second..... Did once go through a phase where I was stuck on bacon salt(it's vegetarian and the closest tasting to bacon i have found yet) but I haven't been able to find it since I moved
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    edited March 2016
    My go to condiment here lately has been Japanese BBQ Sauce (or sometimes seen as eel sauce). But I do add Sriracha to it to kick up the heat a little >:)
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    old bay
    garlic
    vinegar
    and bbq sauce.
  • dimnikar
    dimnikar Posts: 4 Member
    Never used to use any, including the "classics" (salt, pepper).

I've been using tabasco, ground garlic and basil, oregano for the past year and I'm not likely to give them up.
  • karmpaul
    karmpaul Posts: 15 Member
    taco bell hot sauce
  • Rosie_McA
    Rosie_McA Posts: 256 Member
    My homemade hot pepper relish
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    edited March 2016
    Garlic
    Black pepper
    Thai sauce

I don't like ketchup, mustard, relish, mayo... and 99% of other condiments. hahah I'm REAL fun at a BBQ...

**edited because I can't spell before coffee hits