Two question FOR YOU about losing weight

2»

Replies

• jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    1. I don't necessarily desire to lose weight: I want to keep up with my kids, be more active, eat more homemade foods and less prepackaged products that make me feel terrible, and I want to inspire my kids to do the same. Lead by example I guess. If weight loss comes with this new lifestyle I'm choosing: great! If not, I'm stronger, healthier, and more outgoing than I was ever before. :)
    2. The ONE THING that could stop me is me. Often times we find ourselves in a rut and don't know how to re-motivate/re-inspire ourselves...no one is going to hold you accountable, but YOU...THAT is always going to be struggle for me, but this time: I think I have it!
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited March 2016
    1. To finally achieve being FIT and active- to be an example for my kids. To look better naked. (all tie for #1)
    2. Pizza.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    To be healthy. Overweight or not, nothing beats good health - the two aren't mutually exclusive - I had reasonably good health markers when I was overweight - they just weren't perfect as they are now at a lower weight.

Me. I take full responsibility of my actions and acknowledge that *all* of my missteps are my own fault.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    1. What is the one thing that makes you DESIRE losing weight?

I want to experience life as someone slim.

2. What do you think is the one thing that could STOP YOU from achieving your goals?

My lack of self-control.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    1. Vanity
    2. Myself? And donuts and Taco Bell.
  • jackjackattck
    jackjackattck Posts: 117 Member
    1. Right now my main motivation is my wedding in October and the events surrounding it, like my bachelorette party in Las Vegas and honeymoon in Hawaii (gotta get that bikini bod!). But, I also want to start off my marriage healthy and in the best shape of my life. We plan on trying to have kids fairly soon after we get married, and I want to have a healthy pregnancy and be able to bounce back to my pre-baby body quickly, as well as keep up with my kids and be active with them.

2. Myself. I have tried losing weight many times in the past, and I am my own worst enemy. I have skipped the gym for happy hour before, and I am horrible when I go out in terms of high calorie IPA's and alcohol induced snacks. Although I am not willing to cut out my social life, I need to learn how to order lower calorie drinks and control my intake when the munchies hit. :)
  • starwhisperer6
    starwhisperer6 Posts: 402 Member
    1. pure vanity, my pants stopped fitting and that annoyed me. Now I am going to work on fitness just to see what I am capable of.
    2. I am about to move a couple of states over to be with my guy and happy relationships can make people complacent.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    1. I want to have a family. Pregnant at 400lbs+ did not sound healthy for me or any prospective mini-nugget I may produce. I'm doing this for health and longevity. Even if I'd had a healthy pregnancy how much running around with the tyke would I be able to do at my heaviest? Not much.

2. Self-loathing? I get down on myself and it makes it easier to just throw my hands in the air when we go out to eat with friends. And then I eat all the things. However, I've actually logged the bad days and the shock of eating 2 day's worth of calories in a single one knocks some sense in to me.
  • Charlot4444
    Charlot4444 Posts: 170 Member
    For me, it really is mostly vanity. I have been extremely healthy, both overweight and now that I'm closing in on 'normal' for my height. However, a family history of diabetes keeps me in check too.

The accountability comes down to me. I'm an excellent binger and I don't get 'full' signals like most people. So if I stop weighing and watching my portions, I'll be back where I was.
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    1. So that my body fits my mind. I like the idea of 'roughing it'; enduring physical hardships and knowing that I can not only survive but potentially thrive in tough situations. I need an athletic body to achieve this. I want to see that body in the mirror.

2. Food. I LOVE food. QUANTITY rather than quality! Especially carbs. I could consume an entire bag of white bread by dipping it in cinnamon spread in one sitting. YUM!!!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    1. I felt awful at my heaviest. I also was thinking about starting a family (we still want to, but its on hold for a little bit). I didn't want to be obese and pregnant. I didn't want to pass on unhealthy habits to my kids.

2. Apathy. I've lost almost 70lbs and am very close to a healthy weight. Going from obese to where I am now is a vast improvement. I can start feeling myself say "it's good enough, why keep trying when its so much harder now". I need to kick myself in the butt every once in a while and get determined to finish what I started. This is for life, not a temporary thing.
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Hi,
    I have two questions for you today...

2. What do you think is the one thing that could STOP YOU from achieving your goals?

1. It's not a matter of fitness or health, it's appearance (I guess I am shallow :( ). In reality I don't like how I let myself go.

2. Not believing I can do it. Maybe even fear of success.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Hi,
    I have two questions for you today...

1. I just wanted to be healthier and fit again...losing weight was a nice bi-product of getting my *kitten* together.
    2. Nothing
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    1. I want to look fit and healthy
    2. Injuries that prevent me from working out. That is usually when I overdo calorie wise.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    This thread is like this one https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10349935/one-thing-that-you-swear-by-in-your-weight-loss-journey#latest

1. I just want to be healthy so I can be around long to do certain things.

2. My #1 fear has always been DESPAIR. It's killer of everything for me.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    1. Look good naked.
    2. Eating over my TDEE.
  • heatherlewisis
    heatherlewisis Posts: 118 Member
    1. Health, energy levels to keep up with my children, to look decent in a swimsuit, to be able to shop wherever I want
    2. I'm 10 lbs from my goal. After a year of diligent, consistent, hard work there is literally NOTHING that will keep me from my goals. Well, OK... Maybe if I got run over by a bus and died...
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    1. It's mostly been about looking better and better performance in my racing events (triathlons, running). Once I got to "normal" BMI, it's mostly #1.
    2. Something unexpected that causes me to break my habits. I'm always worry about what would happen if for some reason I ended up taking a week or 2 off gym, or being able to shop/cook at home and easily track. Could I get back into it.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member

1. What is the one thing that makes you DESIRE losing weight? health. watching my ex kill himself with food and inactivity and not taking care of himself.

2. What do you think is the one thing that could STOP YOU from achieving your goals? death.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    1. I feel so much better and can DO so much more than before I started. I don't want to back to where I was before I started, so I keep moving forward.

2. If I stop following the good habits I've established.