today's menu...

Replies

• mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    B- coffee & banana
    L-grilled chicken breast, half avocado, and 1 tbsp. of garlic hummus, stalk of celery
    D- TBD
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    B: 2 egg yolks with 20g mayo
    L: 1oz tuna (packed with oil, drained) w 20g mayo, 1 cup chicken broth with 2T HWC
    S: Macadamia nuts
    D: Cheesy broccoli soup
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    megemrj wrote: »
    Love coconut Aminos!!! I may or may not be known around my house to drink it straight from the bottle... No video so absolutely no proof!!

If you would like the recipe, I found it on r/ketorecipes on reddit. I used only 2 tbsp. instead of half cup per recipe because carbs, but if it fits your macros... go nuts :wink:

Thank you! Will definitely be trying this.
  • dtobio
    dtobio Posts: 55 Member
    B: coffee with HWC
    L: hard boiled egg, 1/2 an avocado, and some ham, salami, provolone rolled up together
    D: Chipotle (bowl with chicken or carnitas (or both!)/ fajita veggies/ sour cream, cheese, and guac- no rice, no beans)
  • speakeasys
    speakeasys Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2016
    B - 1 cup beef bouillon w/1 tbsp Kerrygold butter, gelatin, & 1tbsp HWC + iced coffee with HWC
    L - garlic butter chicken thighs with cream cheese sauce
    D - I call it burger bowl-4oz ground beef, shredded cheese, half an avocado, bacon, and reduced sugar ketchup mixed all together so it looks like dog food
  • mamagib4
    mamagib4 Posts: 19 Member
    B- 1 can of tuna mixed with green onions, celery and 1 tbsp homemade mayo
    L - big *kitten* salad - lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, 1 oz feta cheese, black olives, meat from chicken leg with oil and vinegar
    D - left over sirloin strip steak, broccoli and cauliflower with 1 tbsp melted butter poured over it all
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Today was good. I felt back on track and carb cravings were reduced. I did have BPC first thing this morning ... I wonder if that helped. I might need to experiment. Anyhow, my goal now (per Dr. Wahls for MS) is at least 2c/day each of green leafy veg, brightly colored veg/fruit and sulfur-rich veg. Today's the first day I actually met that goal! ;)

Breakfast: BPC (w/Kerrygold and coconut oil), 2 eggs
    Lunch: big leafy green salad with shredded chicken and made an olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing, plus an iced coffee made w/Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla almond coconut milk (new favorite of mine!)
    Snack: roasted salted almonds and a Dove promise square (my one indulgence for the day! I need to buy more of the low-sugar dark chocolate though)
    Dinner: 5 slices of bacon, roasted carrots w/olive oil and salt and pepper
    Evening snack: Brussels sprouts w/a little butter, S&P, and a slice of my beloved pepperjack cheese

• cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    B - black coffee
    L - romaine salad with tex mex cheese, salsa, 18% sour cream, guacamole, black olives, pepitas and a few cherry tomatoes
    D - striploin with butter and might sneak a few of the boys french fries ;)
    S - baby dills.....a FEW almonds (I can't control myself around nuts - need to go back to strictly raw macadamias) and likely 2 glasses of wine - it's girls euchre night at a friends :)
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    B- steak and mushroom omelette
    L- did not prep so I have no idea
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee w/ HWC
    Lunch: Probably skipping or an iced coffee w/ cream. Having a scan done at my usual lunch time.
    Snack: If I get home early from the doctor's I'll have maybe some cheese and a beef stick.
    Dinner: Not sure. Maybe leftover pot roast topped with a fried egg or spaghetti squash w/ meat sauce. Or maybe something out somewhere like a steak or bun less burger.
    Snack: Tea w/ hwc. 90% dark chocolate and cashew butter.
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    @ettaterrell ...You post some of the yummiest pics...I know you must be an awesome cook. I am going to have to find my way to your home about dinner time...lol
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Breakfast: "Bulletproof" Hot Chocolate
    Lunch: Big salad with tuna, olive oil, homemade mayo, hot peppers, flax seeds.
    Dinner: Crack slaw, made with shrimp instead of ground beef.
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    B - coffee with creamer
    L - leftover stir fry
    D - grilled chicken breast with brussel sprouts in butter

Stir fry is pushing me over carbs a bit, so may cut out the brussel sprouts. Or not. I seem to be doing fine even with days I eat slightly more carbs :)
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    I vary it but today we are looking at:

Breakfast: Coffee with coconut oil.
    Lunch: Leftover kimchi fried "rice" (cauliflower) and pork belly. (This is my fave thing to make when my husband works late nights since it smells so strong!)
    Dinner: My city finally got an Ethiopian restaurant and I *really* want to pick up that. I've never had it. Anyway, I want kitfoh which is raw beef with spices and clarified butter. I think there is some "salad" with that.

Things are kind of up in the air right now. I'm coming in with a cold so mostly tired and not super hungry at the start today.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited March 2016
    B - 2 egg yolks with 20g mayo
    L - Cheesy broccoli soup
    S - Macadamia nuts
    D - Creamy pesto zoodles
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Breakfast - coffee with half and half

Lunch - on the run today (daughter's speech appt, then errands to run) - two mcd's double cheeseburgers, no buns

Dinner - Italian sausage and roasted veg (zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, onions, and green and red bell pepper)

Not sure what snacks I might have yet - maybe a fat bomb and some almonds
  • cottagegirl71
    cottagegirl71 Posts: 167 Member
    Breakfast: "Bulletproof" Hot Chocolate
    Lunch: Big salad with tuna, olive oil, homemade mayo, hot peppers, flax seeds.
    Dinner: Crack slaw, made with shrimp instead of ground beef.

bulletproof hot chocolate and crack slaw - would you pretty please share recipes? sounds YUM!
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    B- coffee, banana
    L- baked pork chop, hummus, carrots, 1/2 avocado
    D-TBD, maybe grilled jalapeno cheeseburgers no bun
  • macybean
    macybean Posts: 258 Member
    Thank you so much for this thread...I'm getting so many ideas!

And to join in:

B-Turkey and cream cheese roll ups, coffee
    L-Crack slaw (thank you @ChoiceNotChance! I'd never heard of it)
    D-Not sure...I'm so full from the crack slaw that I may not eat again!

@cottagegirl71 I googled crack slaw and found a recipe for "uber crack slaw". I changed it a little for my tastes. So good!
  • Terpnista84
    Terpnista84 Posts: 517 Member
    B- mushroom and steak omelette, sausage link
    L- Caesar salad and yes I did have croutons :)
    S - yogurt (need some pre gym fuel
    D- egg salad

I'm eating more carbs than normal today but I still should be under my goal of 50g

Normally I am super strict but I am trying to adapt to eating carbs responsibly.