I knew I was losing weight when... (fun, motivating thread!)

Replies

• mollypw1994
    mollypw1994 Posts: 325 Member
    jodybo2 wrote: »
    I left the lights on <3
    . Love this.

• 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    I knew I was succeeding when I put on my shirt and it hung straight down from by boobs, not my belly, when I could take off my formerly tight jeans with out unsnapping or unzipping them. 25 pounds down 50 more to go...
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    When I feel confident trying on (and buying!) skinny jeans and the stretchy tight workout pants.
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    I knew I was loosing weight my armpit cleavage went away...... and when I was able to get in to a size 12 skinny jean!!!
  • awakenbeauty51
    awakenbeauty51 Posts: 35 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I was finally able to wrap and tuck a towel around me after bathing and when I was able to cross my legs and relax
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I was able to cross my legs without tugging on my jeans to help my leg over the other.. and the leg didn't just slip right off!!!

This! I'm still excited about this a couple weeks after realizing it.

I knew I was losing weight when I could pull my jeans off my hips without undoing the buttons.

When my snug but comfy workout pants started getting loose.

When my bras started getting more comfortable.

When I could see my cheekbones for the first time in years.

When my rings slid on and off with little effort.

When I realized being on top was easier than it had been in a long time ;)
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Not so much I knew I was loosing weight but ..... Where I work if someone calls in late they bring breakfast for the shop normally it is tacos yummy.... today there were tacos and donuts and pastries ..... Normally I will steal one if not all . But now I find myself not wanting the sweets or grease
  • I knew I was losing weight when I went from a d cup to a small c.... I knew I was getting more fit when my pt told me if i would compete In a bikini competition then he would compete again!.... I knew I was losing weight and becoming more fit when my husband took me out to dinner and complimented me on how nice I looked and how i had slimmed down! I knew I was losing weight and becoming more fit when I could see my c-section scar again ladies who've had one know what I'm talking about !!! This is a big deal !!!
  • famysh88
    famysh88 Posts: 8 Member
    I knew I was loosing weight when I didnt have to unbutton my pants to go the bathroom lol

Hahahhaahha me too.

I knew I was losing weight when I needed a belt to keep my jeans from going down.

I knew I was losing weight when the frames for my eye glasses started falling off my face.

I knew I was losing weight when I didn't feel my love handles roll and collapse when I take off my bra.
  • walkjem
    walkjem Posts: 47 Member
    ssmix wrote: »
    I knew I was losing weight when my husband complimented me on not snoring anymore!!!

Me too! Though my husband would tell me that my snoring was like a purring kitten, I was unhappy knowing that I was snoring whenever I slept on my back.

Also, I hardly ever have heartburn. I don't know if it's from my 12 lb weight loss or from not stuffing myself full at dinner!
  • minijoanna
    minijoanna Posts: 27 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I put on some old gym clothes and it looked like this:
    gszn83lvlkg5.jpg
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when my cardigan started to slip down off my shoulders and pool around the tops of my arms when I was walking! One of these days it's going to slide right off me, lol.
  • farmgirl1677
    farmgirl1677 Posts: 16 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I had to tighten my belt to the last hole!
  • adaffern
    adaffern Posts: 161 Member
    I know I'm losing weight...my boss told me my pants were too baggy!! :)
  • Reneeark
    Reneeark Posts: 3 Member
    1.I knew I was losing weight when child's pose felt more comfortable.
    2. I knew I was on the right track when I am thinking when is the next time I "get" to work out, instead of "have" to work out. 3.I knew I was becoming the gym rat I always wanted to be when I get upset or disappointed when a class is cancelled.
    4. I know I will reach goal because I have had my a-ha moment.
  • Arianemarie123
    Arianemarie123 Posts: 42 Member
    I knew I was on the right track when I stopped having cravings for junk food. I've only lost 3 pounds so far, so my journey is just only beginning. But for me, this is huge. I always struggled with fast food and junk food. Way to go everyone! (:
  • teamvic
    teamvic Posts: 140 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I ran out of holes on my belts, when I got in those trousers I'd bought 10 years ago (horrid but they were even lose on me!), slim cut shirts fitted me and I had to drop two sizes in jeans. But most of all, it was getting back my mojo!
  • bendis2007
    bendis2007 Posts: 82 Member
    When I could wrap the towel all the way around my body and it stayed on no problem!!!
  • krazgrl
    krazgrl Posts: 86 Member
    When I put on a pair of my lounging capri sweats and the synched calf part was loose (and the waist).
    When the larger pair of jeans I just bought began falling down when I walked.
    When I started to drown in my old shirts that used to be snug. (Went from XL/XXL to L)
    When I no longer was so depressed to shop for clothes because the larger sizes were so limited and sometimes I didn't even fit those.
    When I no longer needed to shop for a size 16. I fit into 12s and some 10s!
    When I could wear the necklace in my profile pic again. It got too snug it felt like a choker. (I've lost about 3" in my neck)
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    I knew I was losing weight when I could easily slip through two parked cars without setting their alarms off lol!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!