15 Days No added sugars or grains

rebeccapea
rebeccapea Posts: 1 Member
Reset your hormones with 15 Days of No Sugar No Grains Limited Fruits and No Starchy Veggies.
You Can Do This- Who's In?!!!!

Replies

• Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Only thing that would reset for me is the ticking time bomb leading to a binge.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited March 2016
    @rebeccapea I have done this over the 540 days maybe having missed 40 days. It was an experiment to see if I could avoid starting Enbrel injections to manage my joint and muscle pain. In just 30 days my pain dropped from a subjective 7-8 level to 2-3. That is the reason I made my full time Way Of Eating.

@Dvdgzz I take it you have never left off sugars and grains for over 15 days. In my case my cravings to binge started to fade after two weeks of eating very low carb and making up the calorie loss with fats, especially coconut oil at first.

I had yo yo dieted for 40 years and my health was crashing and I had bought a power chair to keep up with the kids. They had to help me out of cars and the movie seats. Now at 65 my health/health markers are better than at 45 years of age. I now can eat all I desire and maintain the 50 pound weight loss that came off slowly over time. My daily work out consist of walking a quart of a mile which I can now do without having to rest 20 times.

Since most people do not have the emotional ability to walk away from sugar and grains for 15 days especially guys I to not promote it but rebeccapea I encourage you to try it. It was the small risk of cancer from Enbrel that drove me to eat this way initially. Now it is my Way Of Eating for life. Remember if you try this to make up the carb calories with fats to make it work correctly. Old people like me struggle with the thought of eat fats. My first cup of coffee is 800 calories from the added coconut oil and HWC (heavy whipping cream). If you live outside the USA it may go by another name but it is just 36% butter fat from cows milk.

@rebeccapea welcome to MFP forums.
  • donnac57
    donnac57 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in. I started low carb last Friday. I have ms and arthritis and just turned 60! I need to get rid of this weight and inflammation in my joints!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    @donnac57 welcome to the MFP forums.

They call my arthritis type Ankylosing Spondylitis and it has been active for 40 years. In August 2014 the doctors wanted me to start Enbrel injections in Nov 2014 for pain management. After trying to get off sugar and grains for two month and my time running out I left both cold turkey (hellish two weeks) the first of Oct 2014. By my 7 Nov 2014 appointment my pain was well managed (in just 30 days) and I passed on the Enbrel Rx offer.

I lost another 30 pounds after I started Low Carb High Fat Oct 2014 putting me at 200 for the first time in 23 years and I have maintained at 200 for a year now. My HDL is gone up the the LDL and triglycerides have dropped nicely. My 40 years of IBS left in six months too and has not returned.

I turned 65 last month and health seems to be better than at 45. Getting carbs to <50 grams a day has given me a new lease on life.

Best of success.