teenage daughter hits puberty and satan is born

usmc01462
usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
OK all BS aside when you try and do the right thing and give her chocolate and it melts in her hands and the ouija board says RUN LIKE hell..Am I the only father dealing with this

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Well Dad--welcome to the human race. Hold on tight for the ride. ;)
  • usmc01462
    yeah its a rodeo ups n downs...I have 3 of them lined up
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Three daughters. All different. One son-in-law. So far, so good.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Then you've got experience--no worries.
  • PalePocahontas
    PalePocahontas Posts: 1,130 Member
    Yep I was a demon in my teenage years
  • usmc01462
    You can have ten of them and they are all different one of them reminded me of the exorcist
  • angiep153
    angiep153 Posts: 267 Member
    Omg this guy cracks me up :) lol
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    My oldest son is starting. I assure you it is no easier with boys. Sigh.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Welcome to the fun part of parenting! You'll do fine. The best thing that ever happened to me was when my son was in his 30's and told me, "I now realize how smart you were when I was a teenager."
  • TracyB_73
    TracyB_73 Posts: 149 Member
    edited March 2016
    I have 19yr old and 13yr old girls!!! It's a nightmare you are not alone
  • bridgetmacalister
    bridgetmacalister Posts: 10 Member
    Teenagers in general can be a hormonal nightmare & unpredictable. Just make sure that like when they were toddlers they know you love them & will always be there for them.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    I have three daughters and my youngest of the three is a beautiful personality with the Sweetest and most considerate demeanor. When she turned 13 she turned into another person for about a month and a half and at one point I was worried about the drastic change in her....Then one day, she was back to her loving self and now 15 years later, she the sweetest kindest soul you could ever meet! 😊

You ever here of that movie "Sometimes They Come Back"? This is mostly true...but in a good way! 😁😉
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Can’t say I envy you. I only had a son to raise and he seemed like a saint compared to my sibling’s and friend’s daughters at the same age. Teenage girls are the worse! I know because I used to be one >:):D It will probably get worse before it gets better. But of course it will eventually get better o:) Prepare yourself and good luck! ;)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I have three daughters and my youngest of the three is a beautiful personality with the Sweetest and most considerate demeanor. When she turned 13 she turned into another person for about a month and a half and at one point I was worried about the drastic change in her....Then one day, she was back to her loving self and now 15 years later, she the sweetest kindest soul you could ever meet! 😊

You ever here of that movie "Sometimes They Come Back"? This is mostly true...but in a good way! 😁😉

Oh gosh, I feel like my mom could have written this about me except it was like 5 years (age 13-18) :D
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    I have three sons aged 15 to 10. Hen they were young I was told the first ten years with boys were the hardest and the next ten years with girls were tough. So I figured by now I would see the light at the end if the tunnel. But my boys can be pretty hostile and moody...when they communicate with me at all. The drama is different, but there is still drama. Overall, they are good kids, but they certainly have their moments.