1/14/08 Runners???

Hi everyone! I didn't see a post for today, so I guess I'm the first to log in. Today I did 6.25 miles at a good little clip and then lifted after. A friend of mine just signed up for a 50 MILE race at the end of February. Isn't that unbelievable??? I have done 4 marathons and lots of 1/2 marathons, but 50 miles is crazy! She's amazing...

Replies

• katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Hi everyone! I didn't see a post for today, so I guess I'm the first to log in. Today I did 6.25 miles at a good little clip and then lifted after. A friend of mine just signed up for a 50 MILE race at the end of February. Isn't that unbelievable??? I have done 4 marathons and lots of 1/2 marathons, but 50 miles is crazy! She's amazing...
  • 50 miles?? That is unbelievable, I will be attempting my first 1/2 marathon this year but I couldn't imagine running that far! I've only recently become a runner and starting off slow, but hopefully I will eventually be able to do something close to that!!

Cheers,
    :drinker:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    No real running for me today, we did circuit training this morning, a couple of the stations were suicudes and basketball drills, and then we ran from station to station. thats about it for today!

50 Miles.....WOW.
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    No running today; I swam and did a hill Spinerval workout instead.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I was looking for a running post earlier today too. Thanks for posting this Katie.

I ran 4x 5min run/ 2min walk. 20 min of running is by far the most I've done!

Yay me, learning to run!! :wink:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Look at Katie taking on a super marathon! Heck I am just looking forward to my first 5k :laugh: :laugh:

With that, no run for me today, total rest day for me!

Tiddles...how did your race go?

have a good one everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    As crazy as a 50 miler sounds, one of my running buddies is training for a 100 miler! :noway: Now that's crazy!

No run planned for me today - I was supposed to work out this morning, but I felt really sick last night, so I slept in.:frown: (That is allowed now and then, isn't it?)
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Wish I could run in Chicago its rough the weather anyways. I think we got 3 more inches over the 5 we already have and more on the way tomorrow. So just Billy Blanks bootcamp today.. It was harder than running if you ask me...:noway:

Alisha
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    I ran 4x 5min run/ 2min walk. 20 min of running is by far the most I've done!

Yay me, learning to run!! :wink:

Congrats!
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Hi everyone,
    I just posted this on the fitness blog but thought that I woud also ask you experts! Any experience with this injury?

Yikes! I am a relatively new runner. Been running for nine months now and completed a 10K in November. I have been training for another 10K and have developed pain around the outside of my knee which is an IT band injury. I first felt it after a brutal speed workout! Anyone have experience with this type of injury and how did you recover?
    Bunny :sad
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Look at Katie taking on a super marathon! Heck I am just looking forward to my first 5k :laugh: :laugh:

With that, no run for me today, total rest day for me!

Tiddles...how did your race go?

have a good one everyone! :flowerforyou:

It went great, my goal was 45 minutes, and I ran it in 48 and some change. 4th in my age group! (although there were only 8 of us HAH) :laugh: