Looking For Age 60 + Friends

Hi I'm a very young 60 this year and new to MFP.

Replies

• Akgramma
    Akgramma Posts: 66 Member
    I just turned 61 a few days ago. I was on MFP a few years ago but didn't really take advantage of its offerings. This time I am determined to lose weight, exercise regularly and make a lifetime commitment to health. I would love to have an online support buddy!
  • royboy969
    royboy969 Posts: 218 Member
    61 here, outside of Chicago.. please feel free to add me.. looking forward to getting into shape
  • hone9017
    hone9017 Posts: 2 Member
    been at it for 2 weeks now. back on track we can do this but must stay focus. ;)
  • Akgramma
    Akgramma Posts: 66 Member
    I'm not sure how to add or request friends - but definitely will follow this group. I've been tracking all my food, drink and activity this week. I hope to see a loss in the scale next week!
  • missycats2004
    missycats2004 Posts: 16 Member
    I will be 63 in a couple weeks and have been on this for about 5 weeks and would love to have friends to go thru this journey with me
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    I'm 63 and here daily for mutual support
  • 2016summerfun
    2016summerfun Posts: 284 Member
    Thankyou all for your replies but I don't know how to add you as friends . hope can work it out :)
  • Marshamike
    Marshamike Posts: 9 Member
    Hi I'm new and in the "mature but still feisty" age group too! Let's do this!
  • toomanycurves
    toomanycurves Posts: 110 Member
    Feel free to add me!
  • sybil1096
    sybil1096 Posts: 1 Member
    I will be turning 61 next month. I have never been inti fitness not whole life. On Jan. 5, 2016 I made the choice to join a gym and get a trainer. It was getting hard on my body when I wasn't exercising.
  • graceparisi
    graceparisi Posts: 3 Member
    Hello glad to see 60 plus- I am 65 - hope to get about 40 lbs off - started Monday so far I have my eating on track
  • blinddog52
    blinddog52 Posts: 46 Member
    Add be if u like, turning 64 shortly.
  • PoodleDoodleMel
    PoodleDoodleMel Posts: 8 Member
    Just 62 myself. Nice to see fellow members in my age bracket.
  • Bibia2418
    Bibia2418 Posts: 80 Member
    61 in June this year. Will support and encourage!! Feel free to add me!
  • Kyotojunkie
    Kyotojunkie Posts: 76 Member
    I'm 69, turning the dreaded 70 later this year. What happened!! I'm in Devon in the UK. Although you're just a young whippersnapper, feel free to add this ageing juvenile if you want!
  • judyring
    judyring Posts: 22 Member
    Hi I am 54. But please feel free to add me.
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    62, and always looking for friends on here
  • 1229swansong
    1229swansong Posts: 21 Member
    I'm 62 and recommitting. I had lost 50 last year, got too lackadaisical, and gained 30 back. Need to stay on track this time. Feel free to add me!
  • mhampton52
    mhampton52 Posts: 412 Member
    Hi I'm a very young 60 this year and new to MFP.

Hello, I'm 63 and I am from Louisiana where we love to eat and usually the food is not the healthiest. Trying to lose 50+ lbs. I joined MFP in March and I have lost six pounds. My first time on here and trying to get healthy and lose this weight. Add me please. Marilyn
  • debh641
    debh641 Posts: 1 Member
    I will be 60 in June and have been trying to eat healthier and exercise about 3-4 times a week for the past 5 weeks. I would like to lose about 50 lbs. I have been losing on average 1 to 1.5 lbs per week which I know this is good but it is a little dicouraging because I feel like I am hungry and the exercises don't seem to be working. I have researched as to foods to eat and have kept track of calorie intake and I feel I should be losing a little more each week. Does anyone have any secrets you are using?