Dating at work?!

tayter_tot7
tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
Have you ever dated someone you worked with or worked for? How'd that turn out?

Replies

• selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    No pooping on your own doorstep

...and yes I did when I was younger.

Not recommended unless you work in different departments. even then, avoid.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    I have, it worked for me but then I am the type once it's over, it's over. I don't dwell on it or hold bad feelings. I am actually still friends with everyone I have ever dated. One of them is one of my very best friends and not awkward at all.
  • candacet36
    candacet36 Posts: 353 Member
    Yes I did.... He was a "liar" I mean lawyer.

Needless to say it didn't work out but I learned some awesome lessons and I met the love of my life during that time. I wasn't looking (I was in a committed relationship, or so I thought) but he became a great friend and NOW we are building a life together.

My advise DON'T DO IT! Oh yes... I still work with "him"
  • navyjen
    navyjen Posts: 1,043 Member
    I did. It didn't work out. I was really young then and it is for sure not a good idea.
  • striderb
    striderb Posts: 5,845 Member
    Yes - I dated the group secretary (as they called them back then) and married her 37+ years ago.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    I did. We are married now.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    My first husband I worked with not for long though but we ended up divorced and my current husband we worked at the same firm. We've been married for 11 years. I quit working there after we got married and then he changed firms anyway but worked fine
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    I did. One relationship sorta worked. We worked together..well directly and we had to come to work and act like we didn't just wake up together which was weird lol. It was also kinda hot being in on a secret that no one else knew. He was sorta my boss...not technically because he could not hire or fire me he supervised me..indirectly I guess. I promised to never make it a big issue since technically I think he wasn't supposed to date me. We are still friends to this day. He's a bit of a womanizer thou lol. The other guy I dated from work. Total psycho! He worked a different shift than me as soon as we started dating he tried to switch his shift to mine! My partner is a man...I work in corrections (male dominated). So he swears I'm dating that guy. Duh we have to communicate and take breaks together he's my counterpart. So I'm kinda split sometimes it can be nice (hot and steamy) sometimes it can just be a cluster f***.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    My husband and I met at work. We have been together for 21 years now. Married for 17 of those. :smile: We were young and both in college. Worked out great for us!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    edited March 2016
    All But Pass

Oops. Wrong thread.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    One of my bigger mistakes. Thought nobody knew. Everybody knew. He was a D-bag to the 1000th power. Thank god I got away.
  • raindawg
    raindawg Posts: 348 Member
    I did. She sat in the cubicle next to mine. We've been married 12 years now.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Dated many women at work back in the 70's and 80's. Boss, Boss's secretary, Boss's Daughter. Half of Accounting. I even met my second wife at work. Still friends with most of them, but they did not work out.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    No, No, No.

No I haven't
    No I won't
    No you probably should not either.

Besides I might have to fire em.
  • Staceym2112
    Staceym2112 Posts: 892 Member
    Nope. I thought about it till I found out his last girlfriend was a stripper. Currently I work in a Hospital and that is a DEFINITE NO on dating coworkers.
  • marygracemeneses
    marygracemeneses Posts: 15 Member
    Have you ever dated someone you worked with or worked for? How'd that turn out?

Never experienced it but heard some horror stories

• KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,016 Member
    Yep. We ended up transferring to another site so we would get a fresh start. We both quit within a year, but ended up getting married after a while. Now we're getting divorced but thats unrelated to the work thing. haha