How do you prepare your salmon burgers?

revolucia78
revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
I just bought some salmon patties and as far as I can tell they are not seasoned. I plan to pan fry in light olive oil, how do you prepare/season your salmon burgers?

Replies

• annie3571974
    annie3571974 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi there. This is how I do mine
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    I bake them, flip them half way. I have cooked them on the stove top but thought it was a little dry compared to baking them. I grind a little pepper on top of the patty and put some flavored mustard on the bun.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Seriously? Salmon burgers?
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    eldamiano wrote: »

Don't knock them til you've tried them... yum! ;) Salmon patties is was we've always called them growing up. No different than tuna patties, crab meat patties, etc.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member

Don't knock them til you've tried them... yum! ;) Salmon patties is was we've always called them growing up. No different than tuna patties, crab meat patties, etc.

Naa. I would prefer to just mock them....
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    I am so in love with salmon at the moment that Im not at the stage to dress it up in anyway.

Just simple pan fry and they are good to go for me.

I will come back to this thread for inspiration when I get bored...
  • K_deng
    K_deng Posts: 12 Member
    sure you can
    take out frozen fillet of salmon n blend it

lets see if you have 500g of salmon then take 1 medium size onion,
    1 teaspoon of ginger & garlic paste
    salt to taste
    1 teaspoon of garam masala if you can buy it frm market (optional)
    1 egg
    1 chop potatoes
    blend thm all n make burger shape n freeze it..
    when you want to defrost them just take it out n fry in cold oil

Hope im clear to you :)
  • revolucia78
    revolucia78 Posts: 196 Member
    edited March 2016

Agreed - don't hate on it until you've tried it. I love salmon fillets too but get more for my money with salmon patties since I prefer only wild caught.

Thanks for the responses :)
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    I grew up eating salmon patties too. Canned salmon, regular soup soda crackers and egg with salt pepper and garlic. Pan fry gently. Ive served with plain greek yogurt mixed with salt, garlic powder and fresh dill. B) mmm.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    We keep salmon burgers in the freezer...wife doesn't eat beef, so if we have burgers, she can have one of these. I'll have them too if I don't feel like beef or turkey burgers.

We just throw them on the grill and then usually use mayo and pickles as toppings.
  • himnherr
    himnherr Posts: 1 Member
    I buy canned wild caught & make patties. 1 can (take skin out but leave bones)
    1 egg
    1-2 stalks celery, finely chopped
    1/4 medium onion, finely chopped
    @ 2 T coconut flour
    Garlic, salt & pepper
    1/2-3/4 tsp dill weed
    Mix together, mashing the bones with a fork; form into patties. I usually get 5 from the large can. If they don't hold together add more coconut flour. You can bake these (convection oven is best) or fry them in a bit of coconut oil.