Let's get started

The goals of this group is to:
-Lose 55lbs by Sept 1st
-Encourage each other
-Share gameplans/ideas
-Feel/be your best

We will weigh in weekly on Friday's
We will have mini monthly challenges
We will have an ultimate goal of losing 10lbs per month starting in April, March being the exception of losing 5lbs where the challenge started a little late.

Replies

• tater2405
    tater2405 Posts: 6 Member
    A great tip is drinking water before each meal! def makes a huge difference for me!!!
  • nsellers21
    nsellers21 Posts: 7 Member
    Drinking water has helped me a lot also. I am trying really hard to give up diet coke altogether and don't seem to have the sweet cravings like I did before. I have had only one diet coke in the past week. When I get tired of plain water I add a cherry limeade liquid enhancer to it.
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Agreed! I try to drink a cup of water before my meals to help me feel fuller faster :)

The liquid enhancers are awesome, especially for people that don't love water!
  • smooch730
    smooch730 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey! I think this is an awesome idea! I'm excited to have others to weigh in with and help to keep motivation going. I originally lost 90 pounds and had about another 20 to go, but last year I moved away from my exercise buddies and gained 40 back and I just hit my breaking point again.. Hoping to lose 55 by September with everyone!!

Does anyone measure inches too?
  • Bibia2418
    Bibia2418 Posts: 80 Member
    I just found this group...I've already lost 10 and I actually have 50 more to lose. Needing some support and motivation!! I'm going to do this!!
  • Amay33
    Amay33 Posts: 66 Member
    Finally got into the group! I've lost a total of about 25lbs since January 7th looking to lose ALOT more.
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    Drinking water and green tea has helped me a lot.
  • Amay33
    I too drink tons of water and loads of green tea. When I do not drink my tea I find the weights hinders more at one number but when I drink it the numbers like to drop. Also like to have a cup of it before bed. Only down side is I pee more now then while I have been pregnant in the past lol.
  • Mirabelle_Out
    Mirabelle_Out Posts: 151 Member
    britnaii22 wrote: »
    Agreed! I try to drink a cup of water before my meals to help me feel fuller faster :)

The liquid enhancers are awesome, especially for people that don't love water!

Does this help???

Also I figured out how to actually join in!!!

Yay!
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    Hi all - have lost 21 since Feb 2, but last two weeks have been really stuck.
  • Mirabelle_Out
    @bpkal maybe this is just the kick start you need!!!
  • tater2405
    tater2405 Posts: 6 Member
    Found this article online, this is a huge struggle for me but it has some good tips below for avoiding.

Bites, Licks and Tastes

If you’ve hit a fat loss plateau, BLTs could easily be the culprit — I’ve seen them add up to 300 calories a day or more in people’s diets. Here’s an example:

A few bites of cereal out of the bag as you pass by – 40 calories
    2 Hershey kisses from the jar on your coworker’s desk – 50 calories
    Licking peanut butter off the knife when you make your kids’ lunch – 35 calories
    Bites of dinner as you make it – 75 calories
    The rest of your kids’ dinner that you just can’t bear to throw away – 75 calories
    An after dinner candy because you have to end with something sweet – 25 calories
    300 calories a day extra might not sound like much, but that adds up to 2,100 EXTRA calories over the course of a week, which is almost a full pound (3,500 extra calories = 1 pound). So this is either weight gain, or fat you could be losing but aren’t.

Tips for Avoiding BLTs

BLTs are HARD to avoid, but even just being aware of the habit will help you start to curb calories. Here are some strategies that might help you limit BLTs:

Tie a ribbon around your wrist or finger that reminds you whenever you look down at your hand not to have BLTs.
    Keep paper towels on the counter in arm’s reach so you can quickly wipe food off the spoons and knives you’re cooking with so you aren’t tempted to lick!
    Use Post-Its and post your goals and even the words “NO BLTS” everywhere you look.
    Make a sign above the sink that says “WASH ME” reminding you to hurry and rinse off your dishes and utensils before licking them clean!
  • Mirabelle_Out
    Great article!
  • bpkal
    Thank you - this is why I write everything down!
  • Brittles927
    Brittles927 Posts: 348 Member
    Awesome article, thanks for sharing!
  • Amay33
    It's sad but now I'm think of a bacon lettuce tomato sandwich?

Side note, I too count all my extras in my pocket journal so I know what to oook back on during hard times and see what's what!
  • alzo42
    alzo42 Posts: 8 Member
    Just joined and very excited for this challenge! I'm somewhat new to mfp and started *seriously* counting Feb 22. I've lost 14 lbs so far and I'm working hard!
    Let's do this!!!!
  • bpkal
    smooch - i measure inches too...
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    Just joined! Thanks. I like weighing in prior to the weekend.
    SW was 260
    Current 231. Would definitely like to be out of 200's. More is bonus!
  • Georgianbaygirl67
    Georgianbaygirl67 Posts: 97 Member
    BLT article is so true! I try a piece of gum too, or brushing my teeth.