Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Fruits vs Sweets?

Wepz
Wepz Posts: 39 Member
What fruits would you choose over sweets?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    All of them.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited March 2016
    I would choose the ones that I enjoy eating and keep me within my calorie goals.

I personally enjoy strawberries, grapefruits, blackberries, nectarines, pineapple, and apples.

But I think they're really just another way to eat sweets (albeit one that often includes fiber and vitamins).
  • msheepy00
    msheepy00 Posts: 17 Member
    Pretty much any berry or melon.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Another vote for any of them. Including bananas.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    I like oranges, mandarines, blueberries, strawberries, pears, apricots, peaches, nectarines, grapes and watermelon, and fresh figs and papayas.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Any fruits really! I personally like to have more fruits with a lower Glycemic.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    None.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I love mangoes. I have to control myself when they're perfectly ripe.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    I'm not much of a "sweets" guy save for a few select items and if I'm in the mood for one of those items, I'm going to have one.

I eat 2-3 servings of fruit daily...I like apples, red grapes, pretty much any kind of melon, most berries, and pineapple.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Pink Lady apples, fresh blueberries, bananas, pears, red grapes.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    None consistently. Besides, there's a good number of my favorite sweets that contain fruit, so I just have both.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    Blueberries blended with protein powder. But if I really wanted some sort of sweet, I'd have the dang sweet.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    I do both.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Because i'm a demon i say.... WHY NOT BOTH?!?! MUWAHAHAH

No, but seriously, sometimes i just make a big ol bowl of fruit salad (mandarins, strawberries, blueberries, pomegranate seeds, etc.) and sprinkle them with 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar. i set it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes so that the sugar pulls out the moisture in the fruit, and then i toss it all together and go to town.

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    All of them.

Yes. Ideally I'll just stick to berries though I think any fruit is a better choice than sweets.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Bananas, melon, oranges, apples,grapes, kiwis, pears, raspberries, pineapple, strawberries,blueberries, blackberries boysenberry's, tangerines, nectarines, plums, watermelon, cantaloupe, cherries, grapefruit, om the list goes on....more micronutrients for you buck!
  • Ws2016
    Ws2016 Posts: 432 Member
    Grapes and mandarin oranges, both very sweet.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Most, as I love fruit.

I think it's seriously weird to focus on how much sugar fruit has, however.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Most, as I love fruit.

Sugar is sugar, whether it's in candy or fruit. Lucky you, if you don't need to worry about it.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Most, as I love fruit.

Count your blessings.