Medical field

Looking for friends in the medical field. I'm hoping to lose weight to be a healthy example.

Replies

• healthylili2015
    healthylili2015 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi there! I'm a nurse with the same goal as you!
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Hi! I'm training to be a EMT right now. Eventually a MD.
  • NickReeder
    NickReeder Posts: 8 Member
    Recently hired as an EMT, working toward job in firefighting. Feel free to add!
  • MeCorkyC
    MeCorkyC Posts: 5 Member
    I'm a caregiver, not really in the medical field as of yet. But I am starting school in March to become a CNA and then eventually nursing. Feel free to add me!
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    edited January 2016
    Last semester of nursing school! Currently working as a nurse extern on a MICU
  • Shull_rachael
    Hi everyone! I love seeing where others are in the medical field. I'm currently obsessed with furthering myself in the field. Feel free to add me as well! My downfall is I'm having a hard time getting in shape!
  • jersey0725
    jersey0725 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm also an EMT. I volunteer at a local rescue squad. Currently a sophomore in college, planning on applying to medical school next year
  • mbtimberlake
    mbtimberlake Posts: 8 Member
    Currently in school majoring in kinesiology and looking to lose about 50 lbs! Feel free to add me
  • cljucovic
    cljucovic Posts: 15 Member
    Hey, Registered Nurse here! Looking to lose about 120 lbs, lost 25lbs so far! Good luck!
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Hi! I'm a surgical assistant in oral and maxillofacial surgery.
  • nessybean
    nessybean Posts: 4 Member
    RN here. Good job being a healthy role model, I think that's really important.
  • dragonfire12601
    dragonfire12601 Posts: 166 Member
    I'm a CNA working at a care center. Going back to school in the fall for radiology. Feel free to add me for motivation and support!
  • Shull_rachael
    Anyone else feel obligated to lose weight? I feel like it's part of my job to set an example.
  • fwwilsonii
    fwwilsonii Posts: 13 Member
    Firefighter/EMT here... No excuses, just work and plenty of veggies
  • tlpierson1542
    tlpierson1542 Posts: 4 Member
    Registered nurse who needs to lose lots of weight. Don't feel I can talk to my patients about their weight issues when I look at myself.
  • imogene912
    imogene912 Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm an RN - feel free to add me! When I was in nursing school, I remember when a guest nurse came to talk to our clinical group. She said she highly regretted not taking care of herself during her career. Her weight caused a lot of problems for her. Let's not let that happen to us! On the road to good health!!!
  • preston916
    preston916 Posts: 14 Member
    Looking for friends in the medical field. I'm hoping to lose weight to be a healthy example.

B)B)
  • Wizeman22
    Wizeman22 Posts: 552 Member
    Clinician here! We can take this journey together!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    edited March 2016
    I wasn't sure whether to respond or not as I don't really identify myself as a "medical" professional, but I saw so many people from 'allied' health professionals responded.
    I'm a psychiatric social worker (original degree in psychology, then did my MSW) and after 20 years in the field I decided to change course a little and I'm presently in my final year of a postgraduate psychotherapy diploma.
  • yasotaskar
    yasotaskar Posts: 4 Member
    I'm a first year medical student and setting a good example for my future patients is one of my motivations .