Team: Die Lard

Now that the teams are formed it's time to introduce yourself to your fellow team members. These individuals will be your support. You are a team and you will do it together.

Feel free to use this discussion to share tips, comments and most importantly provide support.

Good Luck TEAM DIE LARD!!

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Hi team! Glad we got in - whew, it was close!!

You can call me Mimi - I've been "the fat girl" my entire life. Christmas of 2014 I experienced chest pains that were my wake up call. I started LCHF January 12, 2015 and haven't looked back. My all time highest known weight was 409#. Today I am 236. My ultimate goal is to range between 170-180, I think. I won't know until I get there! My family has a Florida trip planned for January, 2017 and I'd like to get as close to goal as possible for that! I'm also shooting for onederland by mid-August... lofty goals, but doable!

I am 53, married, empty nester and have one daughter, one grandson and one very spoiled senior golden retriever mix. I work part time in an office where the most exercise I get is walking to get a cup of coffee. :s I've completed c25k, am working on b210k and want to run a half marathon in October (though it may be Oct., 2017). Running and walking are my only forms of exercise now as I don't belong to a gym.

Looking forward to meeting you all and rocking this month! Let's Die Lard With a Vengeance!!!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Hi. I am Wendy from TN. I have 58 pounds to go. Am looking forward to losing with you all! Let's get this done!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Hi Wendy, let's do this! :p
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    Hi all - i turned 40 last May and decided that by the time I turned 41 I wouldn't be so embarrassed by my body. It ended up being a rough year, so I got a late start - really turning it on Feb 2nd following dr visit. Have lost 21lbs since Feb 2, but have really stalled in the last ten days. Goal is to lose 70# total - or a further 48ish. SW: 209 (my highest ever). CW: 187. GW: 139. Have been consistent in terms of calorie restriction since Feb 2, work out when i'm not working (averaging 4-5 hours/day). Don't "use" the exercise calories. Have been working to shake up the work-out routine (more strength training) given the plateau. Hoping this group keeps me accountable and moving forward given frustrating plateau! Only on MFP for last few weeks, tracking everything daily. Near term goal - 179. Go team!
  • bpkal
    Wow, Mimi - what an accomplishment!
  • GotToBeMe11
    GotToBeMe11 Posts: 19 Member
    Hello, my name is Christa! I am 52, 5'0 tall, 151 lbs. I am looking to lose at least 25+ lbs. I need to lose weight for my health, and change my eating patterns. Looking to do a low carb/paleo type diet. I have to stick to low impact cardio because of knee problems.
  • bpkal
    Hi Christa! Good to meet you. I also have to watch my knees - dislocated a knee cap last year and was going overboard on "intense" cardio - and my knees were not happy! Now swim, row and cycle v. just walk and elliptical (my defaults!)
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    MiMI I too have to say , " great job!' You are a inspiration for us all! I am 50,, just learned a few months ago I am type 2 diabetic. Never thought it would happen to me. But here I am. I also was the fat kid. I got in shape through my 20's doing aerobics and eating right but slacked off in my 30's and here I am at 212 pounds.

Bp - you are on your way! We are here for each other! Let's keep it up and get this done!

Christa- Sorry about your knee's . But any kind of movement is a movement forward.
    You will get to where you want to be. :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Thank you for the compliments!

Christa, I do low carb/high fat and love it. Glad to help anyway I can if you need it.

Bp, I've only done the eliptical once but was a sweaty mess quickly! I give anyone kudos who can do that for more than 10 minutes!

Funny thing about knees - mine used to KILL me, but since I started running, they don't hurt anymore.

I'm so glad we're beginning to actively chit chat in here, and can I just say, I love our team name (s)?!! Die, Lard!! :D
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    ~~~JUST A REMINDER~~~

Your starting weights can be submitted any time between tomorrow, Saturday, March 26 through to Friday, April 1 depending on what day you weigh in.

In order to submit your weight please go to the thread located in Announcements for the applicable week and respond with:

Your Username:
    Your Team Name:
    Your Current Weight:

There is currently a very long list of individuals on a waiting list that would like to participate. I was surprised on how much interest there was! I could have easily added another 5 teams but I wanted to keep the numbers low, at least for this month. As a result I ask that everyone submit their weights on or before April 1. If not received by end of day April 1 I will assume you are no longer interested in the challenge and your seat will be filled by someone else.

Good luck everyone!! Let the game begin!!! :smile:
  • GotToBeMe11
    GotToBeMe11 Posts: 19 Member
    Thank you, for the kind words of support, encouragement and suggestions!!I will take it all to heart. <3
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Hello everyone,
    I'm Shay. I turned 50 last September and thought I would be 50, fit and fabulous; but that did not happen. I did not lose the wait I wanted by my birthday; so here I am trying to get to the fit and fabulous before my 50th year is over. I am hoping this challenge will be what I need to accomplish my goals.

My health is good (thank God) so its not to late to end 50 fit and fabulous. I want to see onderland again :) . I joined PF. I am looking forward to new friendships, hard work, cheering on my teammates and seeing others achieve their goals.

We can do this!!!
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Hello Team Die Lard!!

Passing through from team The Big Butt Theory to sprinkle some Well Wishes on your thread :) Let's do this!!
    Shay...I join you in that elite group of "onederland seekers" ;) We can do this.
  • bpkal
    Hi Shay and team (and Sweetee). Shay, I also had big plans to be fit by a milestone birthday (40). That didn't happen, so i'm working on "a hell of a lot fitter" by 41 (end May.) Won't have hit my goal weight by then, but plan to be halfway there! (Want to lose 70, down 22 so far.) After a v. frustrating two weeks gaining and losing the same 2#s, today was finally back to 187. Hoping for a bit of a loss on that before reporting in! To end on a positive: I feel healthier than I have in eons - all the exercise is developing long-buried muscles. Wore an outfit to Easter that has not fit in years. Nice to not leave the house in leggings, long sweater and boots (my default "big girl" look). Motivated for "shorts" for the first time in ages by summer. Should have bought stock in coconut oil - rubbing it in all the time b/c i'm terrified of loose skin. This is the only place I'd ever be so honest!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Does coconut oil really help loose skin? I've got lots of sags and wrinkles. :s
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Congratulations on your loss and getting into a new/old outfit. I have so many clothes I hope to wear this summer. I long to wear my top tucked in again . Hopefully we will all be closer to our goals at the end April. I know what about being honest on here, its nice to have this outlet.
  • bpkal
    Mimi - after hours of "research" online - the answer is "I don't know" re: loose skin/coconut oil. Consensus seems to be that massage w/oil and dry brushing helps w/loose skin b/c it rushes blood cells to the area. If nothing else, it helps me post chlorine exposure in the pool! My skin is so much smoother than it is w/o, and it's fairly inexpensive given i'm buying large quantities at Costco and putting the oil into more manageable mason jars - one at home and one at gym. i even have one jar in the shower mixed w/ regular sugar and use as a scrub. So - rubbing it all in 2x/day after warming the jar under some warm water (goes on easier)! A good friend of mine (she's thin) credits the oil w/ reducing appearance of cellulite post babies.

What i like about dry brushing/coconut oil - it feels greasy for about 3 minutes (while i brush my teeth) and then soaks in w/no residue. i've even started using the oil as my eye and neck cream - working better than my $$$ stuff.

In the full disclosure arena - all this rubbing in of oil has caused me to find some scary spots that i am having checked out by derm. Personally, i avoided my belly/thighs (applying lotion/looking at them) b/c i couldn't stand my appearance the last few years. So - smooth skin and (hopefully) preventative maintenance!
  • bpkal
    rushes blood to cells in the area - of course it doesn't add new cells! typo!
  • bpkal
    Shay - a tucked in top is my goal as well!