Team: The Slimsons

Now that the teams are formed it's time to introduce yourself to your fellow team members. These individuals will be your support. You are a team and you will do it together.

Feel free to use this discussion to share tips, comments and most importantly provide support.

Good Luck TEAM THE SLIMSONS!!

Replies

• Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Hi Team The Slimsons, I'm 49 and in the UK. I have 2 daughters 22 and 15. I have dieted on and off forever (feels like forever anyway) but am determined this time I'm making changes for life. I have 21.4 lbs to get to the weight I've always wanted to be although I've currently set my target 3 higher than this because I've got there before.

I love exercise, but for the last 3 years haven't done much due to 15 year old being unwell - she's much better now so no more excuses and I'm trying to do something every day.
  • carrie1829
    carrie1829 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi! My name is Carrie, as you can see from my screen name...hahaha. I am 40 years old married to the love of my life, Jim. We have 3 kids. Christian - 18, Cassie - 15 and Cameron - 12.
    I have been overweight my whole life and only in the last few years have I tried to lose weight. I have always been happy with who I am. In January, I decided it was time to really focus on me. My parents live with me and watching them at 65 and 67 years old not be able to really do for themselves is driving me. I refuse to be like that at their age and be a burden to my kiddos.
    I have lost 29.2 lbs since starting in January. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week and I love getting out and walking.
    I look forward to getting to know all of you on this challenge!
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Greetings Slimsons,
    My name is Beverley. I have been trying to get to my healthy weight range forever. It’s all about getting healthy for me as my family is plague with diabetes and I need to break the cycle. My downfall is sweets. I have a horrible sweet tooth. In September will be 45, so my goal is to give myself a birthday present of the new me. I have time to do that. This challenge is short and I like that so we can set small goals.

For this challenge, I plan on working out at least 3 days a week
    Log my food daily (you will be amazed how much that helps)
    Eat healthy, with one cheat day per week
    Loose 1-2 lbs
    Good Luck to you all. Let’s go SLIMSONS………
  • dillyg08
    Greetings Slimsons,
    My name is Beverley. I have been trying to get to my healthy weight range forever. It’s all about getting healthy for me as my family is plague with diabetes and I need to break the cycle. My downfall is sweets. I have a horrible sweet tooth. In September will be 45, so my goal is to give myself a birthday present of the new me. I have time to do that. This challenge is short and I like that so we can set small goals.

For this challenge, I plan on working out at least 3 days a week
    Log my food daily (you will be amazed how much that helps)
    Eat healthy, with one cheat day per week
    Loose 1-2 lbs
    Good Luck to you all. Let’s go SLIMSONS………
  • karen_thinmint
    karen_thinmint Posts: 496 Member
    Hi I'm Karen. I'm 30. I've also been a bit of a yoyo with my weight over the years. I just want to be the best version of myself going into my thirties. And I'm not going to lie, I want to look awesome for the fall as I'm getting married!

Go team Slimsons!
  • wrknonmedaily
    wrknonmedaily Posts: 203 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi The Slimsons,
    My name is Elaine. I am 44 and will be 45 on September 22. I wanted so badly to see my per pregnancy weight of 155 by then. Too much to fast I figured. I have not seen it for 23 years. I have 2 kids. My oldest is 23 and my baby is 18. I will be an empty nester this fall. It seemed like I have dieted all my life. I think the only time I did not care about weight was after basic training with the Army Reserve. I was super toned but I was 19 so age does help a lot. =D I have yo-yoed after having my oldest and this year I said enough is enough after seeing pictures of me this pass September and my Mom telling me I have gained weight but in a nice way. She asked me if I wanted to go on a diet with her. LOL! My son is graduating at the end of May and I do not want to be hiding in pics.
    My highest weight was 250 my lowest 198. I am now 227 after making a life change as of January 3. I was 243 at my January 6 doctors appointment.

My plan is to:

Track EVERYTHING that passes my lips. Stay at 1373 to 1500 calories and 50-100 carbs a day.
    Move more: 4xs a week, 30 minutes a day
    Weights: 2xs a week
    Drink water and green tea

:) GO TEAM! We got this!
  • musicfan4life30
    musicfan4life30 Posts: 543 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hi Slimsons! :)

I'm Musicfan4life30!

For this challenge because it's a month long i want to lose 5-10 lbs.

I am 170.5 lbs right now and by summer I want to be down to 160 or 150 lbs.

I have a wedding that i'm going to coming up at the end of april so i'm trying to lose weight for that! :)

I go horseback riding twice a week which is 45 mins for each lesson.

I volunteer at the horse barn that I ride at once a week which equals for 1-4.5 hours depending on the week and how much work we have to do.

Finally then once a week I do gymnastics/cheerleading back to back and that equals 2 hours of working out! :)

So right now I am exercising 4 times a week and I also love to take my dog on walks!

My plan is to only eat out once a week and then the rest of the week eat as healthy as I can.

My weigh ins are Monday mornings! :)

I don't have a calorie bracket because I like to follow the Beachbody portion control system where you don't count calories! :)

Go Slimsons! :)
  • SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Happy to see so many previous teammates and pals in this group!! Welcome and happy losing :)
  • doitnow0216
    doitnow0216 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi Slimsons. My name is Mary and it appears I'm the oldest and heaviest in this group. I'm 58 years old and weighing 338 pounds. The amount of weight I have to lose is daunting but I plan to make it happen. This challenge should be good for me. I plan to lose at least 10 lbs during this month. I plan to track my food, stay within my calorie goal, and exercise at least 4 times a week. Let's do it Slimsons!
  • dillyg08
    Hi The Slimsons,
    My name is Elaine. I am 44 and will be 45 on September 22. I wanted so badly to see my per pregnancy weight of 155 by then. Too much to fast I figured. I have not seen it for 23 years. I have 2 kids. My oldest is 23 and my baby is 18. I will be an empty nester this fall. It seemed like I have dieted all my life. I think the only time I did not care about weight was after basic training with the Army Reserve. I was super toned but I was 19 so age does help a lot. =D I have yo-yoed after having my oldest and this year I said enough is enough after seeing pictures of me this pass September and my Mom telling me I have gained weight but in a nice way. She asked me if I wanted to go on a diet with her. LOL! My son is graduating at the end of May and I do not want to be hiding in pics.
    My highest weight was 250 my lowest 198. I am now 227 after making a life change as of January 3. I was 243 at my January 6 doctors appointment.

My plan is to:

Track EVERYTHING that passes my lips. Stay at 1373 to 1500 calories and 50-100 carbs a day.
    Move more: 4xs a week, 30 minutes a day
    Weights: 2xs a week
    Drink water and green tea

:) GO TEAM! We got this!

Hey Elaine, we can be true Slimsons by September. We share the same birthday month. We got this.
  • dillyg08
    SweeteeBri wrote: »
    Happy to see so many previous teammates and pals in this group!! Welcome and happy losing :)

Hey Bri, nice seeing you too.
  • dillyg08
    Hi Slimsons. My name is Mary and it appears I'm the oldest and heaviest in this group. I'm 58 years old and weighing 338 pounds. The amount of weight I have to lose is daunting but I plan to make it happen. This challenge should be good for me. I plan to lose at least 10 lbs during this month. I plan to track my food, stay within my calorie goal, and exercise at least 4 times a week. Let's do it Slimsons!

Hey Mary, age ain't nothing but a number. We are all here for the same purpose, no matter the amount of weight to loose. We're in this together. We'll be cheering each other on.
  • vbugsmom
    vbugsmom Posts: 28 Member
    Hi I'm Rachel. I have 5 amazing kids. My oldest is 15 and my youngest is 1. I'm a stay at home mom. When I started my weight loss journey in December I was 328.6. The heaviest I have even been. Man I cried so much when I saw those numbers. I'm proud to say I'm down 49 pounds. I weigh in on Thursday. Today I'm 279. I'm also starting to love the gym. My goal for this challenge is to loose at least 10 pounds. I would love to loose more though. My birthday is May 7th and I would love to be 250 by then. I have a Garmin vivosmart Hr and that has really helped motivate me to move.
  • melanieleasure
    melanieleasure Posts: 47 Member
    edited March 2016
    Sorry, wrong one.
  • Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    @vbugsmom wow what an awesome loss so far.

@doitnow0216 my name is Mary too, and I may be the second oldest in our team.
  • GotToBeMe11
    GotToBeMe11 Posts: 19 Member
    Hello, my name is Christa! I am 52, 5'0 tall, 151 lbs. I am looking to lose at least 25+ lbs. I need to lose weight for my health, and change my eating patterns. Looking to do a low carb/paleo type diet. I have to stick to low impact cardio because of knee problems.
  • GotToBeMe11
    GotToBeMe11 Posts: 19 Member
    Sorry, I posted on wrong team!
  • suzmom23
    suzmom23 Posts: 16 Member
    Hi Slimpsons! I guess I will start with the obvious...my name is Suzi and I have 3 sweet, active kiddos. I am committed to getting myself in shape, changing my eating habits and losing back down to a healthy happy weight. I am stepping out of my comfort zone and posting instead of lurking! I am looking forward to cheering everyone on in this challenge.
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    ~~~JUST A REMINDER~~~

Your starting weights can be submitted any time between tomorrow, Saturday, March 26 through to Friday, April 1 depending on what day you weigh in.

In order to submit your weight please go to the thread located in Announcements for the applicable week and respond with:

Your Username:
    Your Team Name:
    Your Current Weight:

There is currently a very long list of individuals on a waiting list that would like to participate. I was surprised on how much interest there was! I could have easily added another 5 teams but I wanted to keep the numbers low, at least for this month. As a result I ask that everyone submit their weights on or before April 1. If not received by end of day April 1 I will assume you are no longer interested in the challenge and your seat will be filled by someone else.

Good luck everyone!! Let the game begin!!! :smile:
  • dillyg08
    @ Serendipity0913, thank you so much for putting this challenge together. Your organizational skills is on point.

I submitted my starting weight. Let the game begins. My game face is on. The Slimsons all the way.....