Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Extreme Hormonal Imbalance :Sharing Numerous Side Effects from SHakeology anyone else?

1235»

Replies

• Natural_is_better
    Natural_is_better Posts: 42 Member
    So (and I'm going to be blunt here) the weight gain you mentioned in your original post was because you were drinking Shakeology and still eating as much as you were prior; that's on you, not Shakeology. Did you get your hormones tested? Or are you claiming hormones because hot flashes so must be hormones? I'm not a proponent of Shakeology by any stretch of the imagination, but you need to back up your claims.;

Additionally, it's a stretch to go from I did not react well to something in Shakeology to Shakeology has numerous bad side effects.

that is so true. I apologize for not thinking of the proper way to phrase the effects I felt in my body from drinking shakeology.

I did not want to LOSE weight NOR MUSCLE so I did not change my diet. To tell you the truth, some weight looked good on me, So i didn't notice it then because I thought it was what people call muscle; also i Did not keep a scale or took measure.

My main issue is with the "reactions" or "effects" I felt from it.

I did not get my hormones tested however it was a symptom that was gradually getting worse so I did not pay attention to it at the beginning. I was seriously thinking of going to the doctor for all of the above symptoms.

However they all went away including in hormonal symptoms when I stopped drinking shakeology. Not Only the The HOT FLASHES also Dying on the floor paralyzing cramps from menstruation, Odd PMS mood that was just nothing i have ever encountered in my life. I was not myself And i did not understand.(also all other symptoms)

Seeing as how you are still alive, I'm guessing your case of dysmenorrhea was nonfatal. You have symptoms related to a hormonal cycle, but the title of your post includes the words "extreme hormonal imbalance". And yet, you have nothing to support your claim that your hormones were extremely imbalanced. You're still failing pretty thoroughly at burden of proof here.

All I have is anecdotal evidence for now So I suppose my evidence is equal to the evidence presented by shakeology. when i follow up with a doctor I will post more.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    My sister loves the BB workout programs. I'm glad she's never gotten into the nutritional stuff. I dislike Shakeology, but don't think any of the drawbacks are surprising.

The videos are decent. I believe they are wayyy overpriced and by buying them one is supporting a huge MLM Scam that takes advantage of people in numerous ways. The coaches barely get any commision and still have to work their butts off. its quite sad

No, absolutely not true. They choose to work their butts off.
  • Natural_is_better
    Didn't think it was legal to not put something on a nutrition label; that label looks pretty complete. What in there is "hidden"? Additionally, I believe "proprietary blend" means they don't have to state the concentrations of certain ingredients, but they do have to list them. Seems like they're all there.

I agree. If the debate is whether Shakeology is doing something shady I feel like the OP has failed to make her case. If you blindly buy into marketing hype for anything without checking it out I don't see how you have anyone but yourself to blame for consequences.

I want to put out a list of side effects since the company doesn't provide a very good one . Infact, when I called coach relations they said the side effects i mentioned were not typical. which is NOT TRUE . Simply lol.

Do you know of others who have had these same side effects? Do you have any idea (data) of how common they are?

I haven't forgotten about this:) I have been researching for a few months especially after all he weight gain. I am on a lunch break but will get back to you later today. I have found alot. Yes it does help alot of people but, many also experience the same symptoms I did. I will post up some links .
  • Natural_is_better
    My sister loves the BB workout programs. I'm glad she's never gotten into the nutritional stuff. I dislike Shakeology, but don't think any of the drawbacks are surprising.

The videos are decent. I believe they are wayyy overpriced and by buying them one is supporting a huge MLM Scam that takes advantage of people in numerous ways. The coaches barely get any commision and still have to work their butts off. its quite sad

This MLM plays with peoples minds (maybe they all do ) . How it is not a scheme and that you won't get rich quick... that you will have to sacrifice A Lot to be successful and only the most dedicated people make a profit but, I read a few blogs where the coaches are in higher ranks and are actually losing money being a coach.
    Here is a story http://varietybyvashti.org/2015/05/18/why-i-ended-beachbody-coach-status/

The whole business model has a very low success right. I would rather be with a company that is flourishing where everyone is profiting not only 5%. After seeing the coach above me work SO DANG HARD for next to nothing (0-200 a MONTH! I highly doubt she makes more than that) um no thanks. even if i was getting paid minimum wage I would still be making WAYYYYYY more than she did working over time . I think people don't get that. I already have 2 jobs and coaching was going to be a hobby but it turned out to be more like hawking and sales gross not my style.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

Eh, it's a choice.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member

This MLM plays with peoples minds (maybe they all do ) . How it is not a scheme and that you won't get rich quick... that you will have to sacrifice A Lot to be successful and only the most dedicated people make a profit but, I read a few blogs where the coaches are in higher ranks and are actually losing money being a coach.
    Here is a story http://varietybyvashti.org/2015/05/18/why-i-ended-beachbody-coach-status/

The whole business model has a very low success right. I would rather be with a company that is flourishing where everyone is profiting not only 5%. After seeing the coach above me work SO DANG HARD for next to nothing (0-200 a MONTH! I highly doubt she makes more than that) um no thanks. even if i was getting paid minimum wage I would still be making WAYYYYYY more than she did working over time . I think people don't get that. I already have 2 jobs and coaching was going to be a hobby but it turned out to be more like hawking and sales gross not my style.

Do they prey on gullible people? Yes
    Do they hope people will be too lazy or so overly trusting of anything on the internet that they will blindly believe what they say without doing any research? Yes
    Do they force you to do anything? No
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited March 2016
    as far as beach body goes if you want to buy the videos,go ahead no harm in that exercise is good. 21 day fix? eh you could buy the containers at the dollar store and find the plan(what you fill them with) online. but exercise videos and MFP are free and you can lose weight for free basically. I have lost 44lbs sure it took me awhile but I didnt gain it fast either and never used any weight loss supplement to do it just counting calories and good old fashioned exercise.I wouldnt buy any of their supplements and I cant afford their expensive videos either but to each their own. but people please research the ingredients on things you are using and look up the possible side effects and medication interactions if you take any. I know a woman who used a different brand of weight loss supplement and it messed up her liver and she only took it 2 months. she wasnt on any other meds either.she trusted it because it said all natural. The FDA doesnt regulate these products so they sell them. the FDA also states that to beware of any weight loss product not prescribed by a dr. and anything that promotes that it will help prevent,cure or treat a health problem to stay away from it because its not true
  • Natural_is_better
    Sorry for the late response. I am not sure if you are still curious about some data but here it goes. This is only Some of the stuff I have read. i tried to copy and paste more but it I exceeded the amount of characters allowed in a post. Please read through, they are horrible reactions some worse than mine.

Here is an account of a young woman talking about her test results after drinking shakeology.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/1079809316

people with Menstrual problems
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/805692135

I started shakeology a month ago. On my first bag I was two weeks in when I got my period (that was not the issues) I normally get my period for 7 days but I had it for 13 days. I chalked it up to my body adjusting that was last Thursday and here we are Tuesday just a few days later and I'm spotting again. Should I be concerned? I will be talking to my gyn just to be sure. Please advise.
    ±0 (0 Votes) Sign in to vote. Report Post Report Post ?Top Top
    Amyadams4911
    Amyadams4911

Recent Posts Recent Posts
    RE: Can Shakeology cause prolonged menstrual cycle and spotting
    9/3/15 5:57 PM as a reply to nadiag624.
    Wondering the same! I am having non stop periods as well. Please email me if you get answers! I am going through some OBGYN testing, labs all came back normal and I go in for scans next week. Sorry you are having this issue too but I will say its sort of comforting after being pretty worried about it. Are you/Were you on the regular? or Vegan?
    shivanis915
    shivanis915

9/10/15 6:01 AM as a reply to nadiag624.
    I'm wondering the same too! If you learn anything, please let me know. I'm on day 8 of my period and they usually last 5 days.
    FITwCoachAmanda
    FITwCoachAmanda

9/10/15 6:09 AM as a reply to nadiag624.
    Sometimes when our bodies are adjusting to fitness and nutrition changes it can effect the menstrual cycle (shorter or longer) however our bodies usually will adapt emoticon

Someone with depression and mood swings

http://www.shakeology.com/en_US/web/guest/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/913587764

I have been drinking Shakeology, daily, for 6 months and I LOVE IT!!!! I can totally tell the difference it makes in me, especially after my workouts. HOWEVER, PMS has been getting increasingly worse every month. Last month it was so bad that I was seriously contemplating suicide. I don't believe it is because of my Shakeology but I was wondering if there are any kind of side effects in women in their 40's. I'm not sleeping well and I am having night sweats 1 -2 day's before my regular cycle. My thoughts are WAY out of control and I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. I do a lot of PD and talk to myself about what is true but the negative thoughts seem to overpower the positive.
    Do you have any suggestions or help that you can offer so I can continue on a healthy life style change? I really PUSH myself to get my workouts in because I'm so depressed sometimes my body feels numb and I just don't want to get out of bed.

Thanks for reading this!

Here are some more

Hello All!

I have been doing Shakeology for about 2 months now, I absolutely LOVE it! I only drink the chocolate shake-o (the others I did not care for). I have never had a problem with it before, however, I have noticed the last three days after I drink it I am completely sick! Nausea, extreme dizziness (sort of like vertigo if you will) and completely grouchy because I feel so awful. I just do not understand why these symptoms have just showed up, but I do not want to stop drinking my shake-o either. My diet has been the same the entire time as well, I eat clean only...so that cannot be it. Also I drink my shakes fairly slow, and for breakfast. Could it be that I am drinking it for breakfast? Should I maybe reconsider this and start drinking it before bed or in the evening? Any insight would be wonderful, because like I said it has become part of my routine and I do love my shakes! Thank you for all the help!
    beckybettin
    beckybettin

RE: Shakeology making me sick?!
    6/20/12 7:11 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    Do you think that maybe you could have the flu??? If i miss 2 days of my shakeology and then drink it again i get sick because it is cleaning me out.
    AdStaffDenis
    AdStaffDenis

6/26/12 7:20 AM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    Hopefully, it's not an intolerance to something in the product. Try it, as you suggest, in the evenings. Also, try a half serving. Let us know how it goes.
    melloulang
    melloulang

6/28/12 9:10 PM as a reply to AdStaffDenis.
    Shakeology makes me sick, violently sick. I drank Chocolate only and drank it for a 5 weeks without a problem, then one day I got sick about an hour after drinking it. I didn't know if I was sick or it was the Shakeology, so I tried it again and again I got really sick.

Because I wanted to sell this and grow my business I decided to try it a year later. I have to admit that it was really hard for me to drink because I had a hard time not associating it with getting sick. Anyway I drank a half a scoop and only felt a little nauseas. The next day I drank an entire scoop and within an hour I thought I was dying, in fact my co-workers were really worried about me.

Just thinking of it now makes me feel urpy, but I came here because I want to do an Ultimate reset, but I'm a little concerned because the only think I can figure is that I have an allergic reaction to something in the Shakeology, and I don't want to go through that again!

Melissa
    +1 (1 Vote) Sign in to vote. Report Post Report Post ?Top Top
    Klovett
    Klovett

7/5/13 10:03 AM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    Hello all,

Thank goodness it is not just me. Shakeology also made me very sick. Bloated, constipated, and violently nauseous. I really liked the flavor too.. but I had to discontinue using it. I have undergone a LARGE allergy panel and I am not allergic to anything milk,nuts, wheat, etc. So I don't really know what it is up.
    CoachCook87
    CoachCook87

7/5/13 10:41 AM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    My first question to everyone that is using shakeology that gets nauseated from drinking is what receipe are your using with the shakeology or are you just drinking the powder with milk or water mixed in?
    NaeC516
    NaeC516

7/18/13 6:43 PM as a reply to CoachCook87.
    CoachCook87:
    My first question to everyone that is using shakeology that gets nauseated from drinking is what receipe are your using with the shakeology or are you just drinking the powder with milk or water mixed in?
    I was using chocolate shakeology with 2% milk (I typically fill up to 20 oz because 8 oz is just a little thick for me) with no problem for about 5 weeks and then out of no where I became violently ill from both ends (this was in 2011). I thought somehow I'd developed lactose intolerance, so I tried it again with just water with the same violent illness (still 2011). When the new vegan chocolate came out, my BB Coach and I decided to try that and see how it went and I only drank a third of it before I began to get sick and again with the both ends (this was in December 2012).

I LOVED shakeology before this and it is burning my life that there is now a vanilla flavor and I can't use it. I love anything that smells or tastes like cake. I don't know what the issue is, but it is isolated to just me in my little world. None of my friends who have used it have had this reaction, but I see a lot of folks have on here. My BB coach has used it longer than I have and she had never heard of a reaction like this either. I think it's like with any product you try, it can affect people in different ways. Doesn't mean it's not a good product, just proceed with caution as you would with anything else you are ingesting.
    mariashrager
    mariashrager

9/27/13 7:56 PM as a reply to NaeC516.
    I get nauseous when I drink the vanilla. I love the smell of the vanilla but not the taste. The chocolate I have no problem with. Funny thing my brother in law is the complete opposite. He now drinks vanilla only. I think its an individual thing and how your body reacts with some of the plants.
    julacee
    julacee

4/11/14 10:00 AM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    I drank the chocolate vegan shakeology for a whole month, and was really enjoying the benefits. I got a new bag of the same flavor, and opened it soon after it was shipped to me. Something is terribly wrong with this new bag of shakeology. Same flavor, different bag--I got SO sick. I drank it before lunch last Friday afternoon, and started feeling not so good a couple hours later. Woke up that night & threw up...kept throwing up through the WHOLE next day (missed 90% of the wedding of one of my BEST friends). I thought it was food poisoning and not the shakeology...but today (five days later) I tried my shakeology again after getting back to training. Same thing--I've thrown up 9 times today. I had to miss work.
    I know I'm not having a reaction to the ingredients because my stomach loved the last bag, just over a week ago! emoticon
    NFranzen
    NFranzen

4/11/14 1:30 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    It made me sick, too. And I don't have the flu, and I am not an unhealthy eater. I am not using it because anything that makes me run to the bathroom within 20 minutes of ingesting should not be going into my body in the first place. Don't feel bad. Just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't mean you have to.

It's not going to work for everyone. Not a big deal. I'd rather eat real food. And those 70 superfood supplements in there: well, if I didn't have them before, I probably don't need them now.

If it works for you, great. If it doesn't, I don't think you should worry about what other people think.
    NFranzen
    NFranzen

4/11/14 1:36 PM as a reply to CoachCook87.
    CoachCook,
    I feel insulted by your comment. Why assume we're the ones doing something wrong? If it makes someone sick, it makes someone sick.

I used water, ice, blueberries, and vegan almond milk. (All ingredients I ingest/digest just fine on their own.)

It's not just nausea. It's vomiting, diarrhea, bloating, etc. That's kind of a big deal.

Just my two cents.
    CaseCrowther
    CaseCrowther

4/11/14 1:44 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    If you get the allergy test ask for them to test for a Flax allergy, I have this and it is the same sickness you describe
    sgladas
    sgladas

8/22/14 1:18 AM as a reply to NFranzen.
    I am with you! My Fiancee loves it and it has worked so well for her. But since I started drinking it I have been super sick. Then when I stopped I started to finally feel better. Then tonight I tried it again and I am extremely sick. I am done drinking it now. Its not work feeling this horrible all day emoticon
    mamabear0524
    mamabear0524

shakeology chocolate sick vegan stomach nausea abdominal pain
    6/20/15 2:17 PM as a reply to julacee.
    I have been sick for 30 days. I have had extreme pain under my ribs and nausea. The only thing in my diet that I changed prior to getting sick on the long weekend in May was I started drinking shakeology regularly. (As I became a coach). I have had every test done imaginable, ultrasounds, CT, x-rays, and a ton of blood work and the doctors cannot find anything wrong with me. A scope is next to see if there's anything physically wrong with me but I believe I do have severe stomach inflammation and I believe it is caused from the shake-O. I too only drink it with ice and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I even thought maybe my almond milk went bad even though it wasn't expired and bought a new carton. Same thing. So I decided to try it with water only, same thing. I stopped drinking it now for nearly a month and since I haven't been sick I tried another shake and Bam! Curled up in the fetal position on my couch with severe stomach pain and nausea. I also only used three quarters of a scoop and did not even finish the whole shake.

It has affected my entire life. I've missed work, I've spent countless hour in the ER and now it's going to affect my coach status.

I LOVED it. Loved the flavour, loved how I felt on it BEFORE I got sick so I am very upset that this has occurred. I also now have a full bag of Vegan Chocolate Shakeology I've paid a lot of money for and can't do anything with emoticon
    fog5
    fog5

6/21/15 8:16 AM as a reply to mamabear0524.
    The only thing that makes me sick with Shakeology is the price! lol

Seriously though, I know people who can't eat broccoli, spinach or even lettuce
    because is makes them sick. That doesn't make those things any less healthy for everyone else. If you've tried everything and it still makes you sick, the answer is simple. Stop drinking it.
    lizcmags
    lizcmags

6/27/15 7:48 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    I'm going to start the 21 day fix on Monday for the first time and am planning on using shakeology. I'm currently on a low dosage of Lexapro and am curious to know if there are any negative side effects.
    Tinatx74
    Tinatx74

7/2/15 8:18 PM as a reply to mamabear0524.
    I too get ill and my face turns red and breaks out. I discovered an egg allergy in april. I thought I would try half a scoop. Swelled amd needed benadryl. I also have a grass allergy and assuming wheatgrass is doing it.
    Kellye32
    Kellye32

7/2/15 10:26 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    I tried it the first day and didn't notice anything. The second day I had it for breakfast. I woke up at 3am the next day with stomach ache and nausea that has lasted for two days, and still going. Done forever. I cannot understand why anyone would want to even try to continue drinking something when their body is telling them to stop. Our body is smart enough to get rid of toxic things. This shake is obviously toxic. Our bodies think that it is poison. I can't believe that Beachbody continues with a formula that makes people sick. This is madness!
    Kellye32
    Kellye32

7/2/15 11:32 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    Ok so maybe here is the answer. Excessive lead. Symptoms match.

http://www.naturalnews.com/044152_Dr_Oz_Shakeology_Greenberry_heavy_metals.html
    Mgirnius
    Mgirnius

7/6/15 11:37 AM as a reply to Kellye32.
    It is crazy that I found this post!!!!!!

Two years ago I got T25 and Shakeology, reg chocoloate. Felt awesome and then about a month in, I was getting horrible stomach aches. Never had this happen before. I cancelled the deliveries and stopped drinking it.

Fast forward to this year. I decided to try the 21 day fix, told the coach about what happened to me in the past, and she suggested I do the vegan chocolate. I had been drinking vegan protein for the previous few months, so figured no problem. 4 weeks in, terrible stomach aches that come and go, nausea, bloating. Stopped the shakeology, stomach aches continued. Went to doc they sent me for an ultrasound. Kidney stones on the right (opposite side of the pain) Doc said concentrated protein powders cause kidney stones, and advised me to stop using any shakes at all. And I get to go for a CAT scan and a colonoscopy this week.

Thanks Beachbody for only really looking out for the ones who are pulling in the $$$, not the consumer

And even more links:

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/196534876

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/196534876?_19_redirect=/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/search?_19_redirect=%2Fconnect%2Fmessage-boards%2F-%2Fmessage_boards%2Fcategory%2F176756065&_19_breadcrumbsCategoryId=176756065&_19_searchCategoryIds=176756065&_19_advanced=false&_19_keywords=shakeology+making+me+sick&_19_searchType=0&_19_titleAndOrBody=0&_19_fromDate=&_19_toDate=03%2F25%2F2016&_19_screenName=

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/131149235

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/196534876
  • Natural_is_better
    Didn't think it was legal to not put something on a nutrition label; that label looks pretty complete. What in there is "hidden"? Additionally, I believe "proprietary blend" means they don't have to state the concentrations of certain ingredients, but they do have to list them. Seems like they're all there.

Do you know of others who have had these same side effects? Do you have any idea (data) of how common they are?

Sorry for the late response. I am not sure if you are still curious about some data but here it goes. This is only Some of the stuff I have read. i tried to copy and paste more but it I exceeded the amount of characters allowed in a post. Please read through, they are horrible reactions some worse than mine.

Here is an account of a young woman talking about her test results after drinking shakeology.

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/1079809316

people with Menstrual problems
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/805692135

I started shakeology a month ago. On my first bag I was two weeks in when I got my period (that was not the issues) I normally get my period for 7 days but I had it for 13 days. I chalked it up to my body adjusting that was last Thursday and here we are Tuesday just a few days later and I'm spotting again. Should I be concerned? I will be talking to my gyn just to be sure. Please advise.
    Amyadams4911
    Amyadams4911

9/3/15 5:57 PM as a reply to nadiag624.
    Wondering the same! I am having non stop periods as well. Please email me if you get answers! I am going through some OBGYN testing, labs all came back normal and I go in for scans next week. Sorry you are having this issue too but I will say its sort of comforting after being pretty worried about it. Are you/Were you on the regular? or Vegan?
    shivanis915
    shivanis915

9/10/15 6:01 AM as a reply to nadiag624.
    I'm wondering the same too! If you learn anything, please let me know. I'm on day 8 of my period and they usually last 5 days.
    FITwCoachAmanda
    FITwCoachAmanda

9/10/15 6:09 AM as a reply to nadiag624.
    Sometimes when our bodies are adjusting to fitness and nutrition changes it can effect the menstrual cycle (shorter or longer) however our bodies usually will adapt emoticon

Someone with depression and mood swings

http://www.shakeology.com/en_US/web/guest/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/913587764

I have been drinking Shakeology, daily, for 6 months and I LOVE IT!!!! I can totally tell the difference it makes in me, especially after my workouts. HOWEVER, PMS has been getting increasingly worse every month. Last month it was so bad that I was seriously contemplating suicide. I don't believe it is because of my Shakeology but I was wondering if there are any kind of side effects in women in their 40's. I'm not sleeping well and I am having night sweats 1 -2 day's before my regular cycle. My thoughts are WAY out of control and I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes. I do a lot of PD and talk to myself about what is true but the negative thoughts seem to overpower the positive.
    Do you have any suggestions or help that you can offer so I can continue on a healthy life style change? I really PUSH myself to get my workouts in because I'm so depressed sometimes my body feels numb and I just don't want to get out of bed.

Thanks for reading this!

Here are some more

Hello All!

I have been doing Shakeology for about 2 months now, I absolutely LOVE it! I only drink the chocolate shake-o (the others I did not care for). I have never had a problem with it before, however, I have noticed the last three days after I drink it I am completely sick! Nausea, extreme dizziness (sort of like vertigo if you will) and completely grouchy because I feel so awful. I just do not understand why these symptoms have just showed up, but I do not want to stop drinking my shake-o either. My diet has been the same the entire time as well, I eat clean only...so that cannot be it. Also I drink my shakes fairly slow, and for breakfast. Could it be that I am drinking it for breakfast? Should I maybe reconsider this and start drinking it before bed or in the evening? Any insight would be wonderful, because like I said it has become part of my routine and I do love my shakes! Thank you for all the help!
    beckybettin
    beckybettin

6/20/12 7:11 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    Do you think that maybe you could have the flu??? If i miss 2 days of my shakeology and then drink it again i get sick because it is cleaning me out.
    AdStaffDenis
    AdStaffDenis

6/26/12 7:20 AM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    Hopefully, it's not an intolerance to something in the product. Try it, as you suggest, in the evenings. Also, try a half serving. Let us know how it goes.
    melloulang
    melloulang

6/28/12 9:10 PM as a reply to AdStaffDenis.
    Shakeology makes me sick, violently sick. I drank Chocolate only and drank it for a 5 weeks without a problem, then one day I got sick about an hour after drinking it. I didn't know if I was sick or it was the Shakeology, so I tried it again and again I got really sick.

Because I wanted to sell this and grow my business I decided to try it a year later. I have to admit that it was really hard for me to drink because I had a hard time not associating it with getting sick. Anyway I drank a half a scoop and only felt a little nauseas. The next day I drank an entire scoop and within an hour I thought I was dying, in fact my co-workers were really worried about me.

Just thinking of it now makes me feel urpy, but I came here because I want to do an Ultimate reset, but I'm a little concerned because the only think I can figure is that I have an allergic reaction to something in the Shakeology, and I don't want to go through that again!

Melissa
    Klovett
    Klovett

7/5/13 10:03 AM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    Hello all,

Thank goodness it is not just me. Shakeology also made me very sick. Bloated, constipated, and violently nauseous. I really liked the flavor too.. but I had to discontinue using it. I have undergone a LARGE allergy panel and I am not allergic to anything milk,nuts, wheat, etc. So I don't really know what it is up.
    CoachCook87
    CoachCook87

7/5/13 10:41 AM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    NaeC516
    NaeC516

7/18/13 6:43 PM as a reply to CoachCook87.
    CoachCook87:
    I was using chocolate shakeology with 2% milk (I typically fill up to 20 oz because 8 oz is just a little thick for me) with no problem for about 5 weeks and then out of no where I became violently ill from both ends (this was in 2011). I thought somehow I'd developed lactose intolerance, so I tried it again with just water with the same violent illness (still 2011). When the new vegan chocolate came out, my BB Coach and I decided to try that and see how it went and I only drank a third of it before I began to get sick and again with the both ends (this was in December 2012).

I LOVED shakeology before this and it is burning my life that there is now a vanilla flavor and I can't use it. I love anything that smells or tastes like cake. I don't know what the issue is, but it is isolated to just me in my little world. None of my friends who have used it have had this reaction, but I see a lot of folks have on here. My BB coach has used it longer than I have and she had never heard of a reaction like this either. I think it's like with any product you try, it can affect people in different ways. Doesn't mean it's not a good product, just proceed with caution as you would with anything else you are ingesting.
    mariashrager
    mariashrager

9/27/13 7:56 PM as a reply to NaeC516.
    I get nauseous when I drink the vanilla. I love the smell of the vanilla but not the taste. The chocolate I have no problem with. Funny thing my brother in law is the complete opposite. He now drinks vanilla only. I think its an individual thing and how your body reacts with some of the plants.
    julacee
    julacee

4/11/14 10:00 AM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    I drank the chocolate vegan shakeology for a whole month, and was really enjoying the benefits. I got a new bag of the same flavor, and opened it soon after it was shipped to me. Something is terribly wrong with this new bag of shakeology. Same flavor, different bag--I got SO sick. I drank it before lunch last Friday afternoon, and started feeling not so good a couple hours later. Woke up that night & threw up...kept throwing up through the WHOLE next day (missed 90% of the wedding of one of my BEST friends). I thought it was food poisoning and not the shakeology...but today (five days later) I tried my shakeology again after getting back to training. Same thing--I've thrown up 9 times today. I had to miss work.
    I know I'm not having a reaction to the ingredients because my stomach loved the last bag, just over a week ago! emoticon
    NFranzen
    NFranzen

4/11/14 1:30 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    It made me sick, too. And I don't have the flu, and I am not an unhealthy eater. I am not using it because anything that makes me run to the bathroom within 20 minutes of ingesting should not be going into my body in the first place. Don't feel bad. Just because everyone else is doing it, doesn't mean you have to.

It's not going to work for everyone. Not a big deal. I'd rather eat real food. And those 70 superfood supplements in there: well, if I didn't have them before, I probably don't need them now.

If it works for you, great. If it doesn't, I don't think you should worry about what other people think.
    NFranzen
    NFranzen

4/11/14 1:36 PM as a reply to CoachCook87.
    CoachCook,
    I feel insulted by your comment. Why assume we're the ones doing something wrong? If it makes someone sick, it makes someone sick.

I used water, ice, blueberries, and vegan almond milk. (All ingredients I ingest/digest just fine on their own.)

It's not just nausea. It's vomiting, diarrhea, bloating, etc. That's kind of a big deal.

Just my two cents.
    CaseCrowther
    CaseCrowther

4/11/14 1:44 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    If you get the allergy test ask for them to test for a Flax allergy, I have this and it is the same sickness you describe
    sgladas
    sgladas

8/22/14 1:18 AM as a reply to NFranzen.
    I am with you! My Fiancee loves it and it has worked so well for her. But since I started drinking it I have been super sick. Then when I stopped I started to finally feel better. Then tonight I tried it again and I am extremely sick. I am done drinking it now. Its not work feeling this horrible all day emoticon
    mamabear0524
    mamabear0524

shakeology chocolate sick vegan stomach nausea abdominal pain
    6/20/15 2:17 PM as a reply to julacee.
    I have been sick for 30 days. I have had extreme pain under my ribs and nausea. The only thing in my diet that I changed prior to getting sick on the long weekend in May was I started drinking shakeology regularly. (As I became a coach). I have had every test done imaginable, ultrasounds, CT, x-rays, and a ton of blood work and the doctors cannot find anything wrong with me. A scope is next to see if there's anything physically wrong with me but I believe I do have severe stomach inflammation and I believe it is caused from the shake-O. I too only drink it with ice and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I even thought maybe my almond milk went bad even though it wasn't expired and bought a new carton. Same thing. So I decided to try it with water only, same thing. I stopped drinking it now for nearly a month and since I haven't been sick I tried another shake and Bam! Curled up in the fetal position on my couch with severe stomach pain and nausea. I also only used three quarters of a scoop and did not even finish the whole shake.

It has affected my entire life. I've missed work, I've spent countless hour in the ER and now it's going to affect my coach status.

I LOVED it. Loved the flavour, loved how I felt on it BEFORE I got sick so I am very upset that this has occurred. I also now have a full bag of Vegan Chocolate Shakeology I've paid a lot of money for and can't do anything with emoticon
    fog5
    fog5

6/21/15 8:16 AM as a reply to mamabear0524.
    The only thing that makes me sick with Shakeology is the price! lol

Seriously though, I know people who can't eat broccoli, spinach or even lettuce
    because is makes them sick. That doesn't make those things any less healthy for everyone else. If you've tried everything and it still makes you sick, the answer is simple. Stop drinking it.
    lizcmags
    lizcmags

6/27/15 7:48 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    I'm going to start the 21 day fix on Monday for the first time and am planning on using shakeology. I'm currently on a low dosage of Lexapro and am curious to know if there are any negative side effects.
    Tinatx74
    Tinatx74

7/2/15 8:18 PM as a reply to mamabear0524.
    I too get ill and my face turns red and breaks out. I discovered an egg allergy in april. I thought I would try half a scoop. Swelled amd needed benadryl. I also have a grass allergy and assuming wheatgrass is doing it.
    Kellye32
    Kellye32

7/2/15 10:26 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    I tried it the first day and didn't notice anything. The second day I had it for breakfast. I woke up at 3am the next day with stomach ache and nausea that has lasted for two days, and still going. Done forever. I cannot understand why anyone would want to even try to continue drinking something when their body is telling them to stop. Our body is smart enough to get rid of toxic things. This shake is obviously toxic. Our bodies think that it is poison. I can't believe that Beachbody continues with a formula that makes people sick. This is madness!
    Kellye32
    Kellye32

7/2/15 11:32 PM as a reply to NorCalGal87.
    Ok so maybe here is the answer. Excessive lead. Symptoms match.

http://www.naturalnews.com/044152_Dr_Oz_Shakeology_Greenberry_heavy_metals.html
    Mgirnius
    Mgirnius

7/6/15 11:37 AM as a reply to Kellye32.
    It is crazy that I found this post!!!!!!

Two years ago I got T25 and Shakeology, reg chocoloate. Felt awesome and then about a month in, I was getting horrible stomach aches. Never had this happen before. I cancelled the deliveries and stopped drinking it.
    Fast forward to this year. I decided to try the 21 day fix, told the coach about what happened to me in the past, and she suggested I do the vegan chocolate. I had been drinking vegan protein for the previous few months, so figured no problem. 4 weeks in, terrible stomach aches that come and go, nausea, bloating. Stopped the shakeology, stomach aches continued. Went to doc they sent me for an ultrasound. Kidney stones on the right (opposite side of the pain) Doc said concentrated protein powders cause kidney stones, and advised me to stop using any shakes at all. And I get to go for a CAT scan and a colonoscopy this week.

Thanks Beachbody for only really looking out for the ones who are pulling in the $$$, not the consumer

And even more links:

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/196534876?_19_redirect=/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/search?_19_redirect=%2Fconnect%2Fmessage-boards%2F-%2Fmessage_boards%2Fcategory%2F176756065&_19_breadcrumbsCategoryId=176756065&_19_searchCategoryIds=176756065&_19_advanced=false&_19_keywords=shakeology+making+me+sick&_19_searchType=0&_19_titleAndOrBody=0&_19_fromDate=&_19_toDate=03%2F25%2F2016&_19_screenName=

http://www.teambeachbody.com/connect/message-boards/-/message_boards/message/131149235

• Treehugger_88
    Treehugger_88 Posts: 207 Member
    I won a trial box of shakeology saches at a tournament just over a month ago. Have been trying them out by replacing meals a few times a week and just had the worst menstrual cramps of my life. There could be a lot of other confounding variables but I hadn't thought of the connection until I saw this post. Very interesting...
  • Natural_is_better
    I won a trial box of shakeology saches at a tournament just over a month ago. Have been trying them out by replacing meals a few times a week and just had the worst menstrual cramps of my life. There could be a lot of other confounding variables but I hadn't thought of the connection until I saw this post. Very interesting...

I know 5 other ladies personally who had the worst menstruatal disturbances too. I really think it is the shape since it contains a lot of stuff that affects our hormones. As I said earlier I really thought I was getting up early menopause or having severe hormonal disruptions. After discontinuing Shakeolog, I noticed all these symptoms go away. However I had not linked the two to each other until I lived free of pain for a month and all the months after that.