Wraps

fochizzy87
fochizzy87 Posts: 51 Member
I have recently gotten into wraps as lunches because the tortilla is lower calorie then bread. Anyone have a really good wrap recipe?

Replies

• Lindy0070
    Lindy0070 Posts: 51 Member
    I fry up some lean mince, tin of tomatoes and tin of kidney beans. You can also add some peppers. I make up the wraps and leave them to cool before putting them in a baking tray to freeze in batches. When they have frozen then you can wrap them in cling film and freeze them until you need them. Great for lunchtimes when things get boring.
  • LaurenMAP
    LaurenMAP Posts: 9 Member
    Grilled chicken breast slices and hummus. You can vary the flavors of the hummus to change it up! This would be great with fresh or roasted veggies, too.

I also like to use mixed greens salad with a little dressing and a little bit of meat in a wrap. All the lettuce bulks it up and you get variety with the dressings.

I like to use pita bread for the same reason. You can fit a lot into half of a pita bread (about 75 calories for a half).
  • frezzah
    frezzah Posts: 1 Member
    i get those 70 calorie tuna packets and add grapes or granny smith apples with diced onions and 1tbsp of low fat mayo. for a kick i mince some pickled jalapenos. so yummy
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Hummus, turkey, misc veggies (whatever you have handy). Bacos.
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    edited March 2016
    1/2 cup garbanzo beans mashed with half an avocado. You can season it any way you like, garlic salt, pepper...but I like to use Tajin (which is a spice mix with chili, lime, and salt). Wrap it in a whole wheat tortilla and your good to go!
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    I've actually been using a lower carb wrap (with a good amount of fiber!), put on 1-1.5 oz of meat, 1 oz. of cheese, and just a small amount of butter. Depending on the meat, I may also add in some romaine lettuce and/or other veggies.
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 85 Member
    Hummus, sliced turkey, greens, olives, feta, red onions.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    tuna w/mayo, little mustard, diced dill pickles w/lettuce and tomato. I put green bell peppers on mine usually.

I also eat scrambled egg whites w/salsa and shredded cheese on flour tortillas at breakfast. It is so yummy!
  • Btheodore138
    Btheodore138 Posts: 182 Member
    Perkymommy...that is literally my breakfast every morning! 3 scrambled egg whites, 1/4 cup cheddar, 1 tbs of salsa on a whole wheat tortilla. I never get sick of it!
  • ashleyadeline
    ashleyadeline Posts: 20 Member
    I love making burritos, but with lentils instead of ground beef. They're soooooo good!
  • kronin23
    kronin23 Posts: 59 Member
    I make with romaine lettuce hearts, turkey breast,blue cheese, bacon, scallions, cherry tomatoes, avocado.
  • lauralawless917
    lauralawless917 Posts: 40 Member
    I make a very basic guacamole spread, and spread on a whole wheat wrap. Add
    Veggies, either raw or grilled, whatever you have on hand. Yummy!
  • Chellp4963
    Chellp4963 Posts: 2 Member
    These all sound great! Thanks for the ideas!
  • Djdj031369
    Djdj031369 Posts: 32 Member
    Shredded chicken breast( or canned if I'm short on time), plain Greek yogurt( in place of mayo), low sugar crasins, diced celery, salt, pepper and a pinch of slivered almonds( I just like the crunch). Lay spring mix salad on wrap( I use a high fiber wrap with chia), put chicken salad over lettuce and wrap. Great for meal prep as one batch makes several wraps and I can make it in the morning and it's not soggy by lunchtime.

Love the egg, salsa and cheese wrap idea.. going to try that this weekend!!!!
  • pescetarian_love
    pescetarian_love Posts: 64 Member
    I do a mash of plain greek yogurt, avocado and chickpeas, fat free feta and spinach. I mash it all with salt pepper spices, and roll it all up! I love to add different hummus' too.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Thanks all for the recopies and thoughts.. I've moved away from tortillas and found a bit more 'savings' in Flat-Out flatbreads; this multi-grans with flax one in particular, though they offer some even lower cal/carb versions ( http://www.flatoutbread.com/products/flatout-wraps/flatout-healthy-grain/multi-grain/ )

I can't wait to try a few of these ideas.
  • I like scooping some fat free refried beans, a small amount of cheese and salsa onto a low cal tortilla. Zap it in the microwave and it is like a burrito. My favorite however is to use a flat out flatbread and use the beans or meat with salsa, cheese and lettuce or tomato. Satisfies my Mexican craving!
  • chezzac17
    chezzac17 Posts: 98 Member
    Lindy0070 wrote: »
    I fry up some lean mince, tin of tomatoes and tin of kidney beans. You can also add some peppers. I make up the wraps and leave them to cool before putting them in a baking tray to freeze in batches. When they have frozen then you can wrap them in cling film and freeze them until you need them. Great for lunchtimes when things get boring.

Hi there. How much mince do u use?and.how many calories would these be?thanks
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    I've actually been using a lower carb wrap (with a good amount of fiber!), put on 1-1.5 oz of meat, 1 oz. of cheese, and just a small amount of butter. Depending on the meat, I may also add in some romaine lettuce and/or other veggies.

@RockinTerri Always looking for new types of wraps to try. :wink: What brand do you use?
    Thanks!