Team: Die Lard

Replies

• MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Kayak97 wrote: »
    Hi Kim, Wow! You and Mimi both are doing awesome achieving your goals! I admire all of your athletic activities. I am an aspiring athlete! I have never had much athletic ability in my life, but I figure, WHY NOT START NOW? I'm not interested in competing, but I sure would love to go to a spin class or a boot camp class and be able to keep up with the group. I am the only one holding myself back. Time to change!

Love this! You can do whatever your heart desires!
  • Kayak97
    Kayak97 Posts: 103 Member
    Right on! We can all reach our goals - one step at a time!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    We could do a squat, jumping jack, exercise minute challenge. Water challenge if anyone is struggling with drinking water Does anyone else have any suggestions?
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    I'm doing 5 squats for every cup of coffee for April. I'll either get a better butt or quit coffee... :D
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Could also do something with logging your intake, no sugar, X amount of steps per day, 5 servings of veggies daily, end all your days in the "green."
  • schmitz17
    schmitz17 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi, my name is Amy. I just turned 35, 4 days ago. I have always been the big girl all my life. I am currently at my highest weigh I have ever been at in my life at 305 lbs. I need to get back into working out more and eating better. I want to lose weight so that I can be healthy enough to have a baby.
  • schmitz17
    schmitz17 Posts: 36 Member
    Hi, my name is Amy. I just turned 35, 4 days ago. I have always been the big girl all my life. I am currently at my highest weigh I have ever been at in my life at 305 lbs. I need to get back into working out more and eating better. I want to lose weight so that I can be healthy enough to have a baby.
  • sensiblesummer
    sensiblesummer Posts: 12 Member
    Hello guys!

I'm Dana and I'm 21 year old college student from Texas. I've been big my whole life and since I'm looking to lose over 100 lbs I would like to get at least half way to my goal weight before I graduate next year. Between internships, jobs, and classes it can be difficult to find time to exercise but during this challenge I'm going to put in more effort to get off my butt and exercise when I can. The real challenge for me is to stay motivated and hold myself accountable for my actions. I'm looking forward to working with y'all :)
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Good morning everyone! Managed to wake myself up and workout before the sun rise, the dog did not appreciate how early it was :blush: so what's everyones plans for the weekend, they are the toughest for me so I try to stay off the couch and away from boredom eating as much as possible. Also just invested in a fitbit, new toy to play with and it is actually quite addictive. Anyone else using one?

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn I found it does really help measuring myself, especially if the scale is not playing :smiley:

Feel free to add me and same if you're using a Fitbit.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    schmitz17 wrote: »

Awww, what fantastic motivation!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Good morning everyone! Managed to wake myself up and workout before the sun rise, the dog did not appreciate how early it was :blush: so what's everyones plans for the weekend, they are the toughest for me so I try to stay off the couch and away from boredom eating as much as possible. Also just invested in a fitbit, new toy to play with and it is actually quite addictive. Anyone else using one?

@MimiOfTheLusciousLawn I found it does really help measuring myself, especially if the scale is not playing :smiley:

Feel free to add me and same if you're using a Fitbit.

Weekends can be brutal for me, too! The weather is going to be cold and snow (?!!) so I may not get my runs in. :s I'm going out this morning, doing my coffee squats, and working on meal prep for the weekend.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Kayak97 wrote: »
    What are you planning to do to help yourself this week?
    Preplan and prepack my meals! So much work and overtime coming up. Prepacking is a good way to keep everything counted and on track.

• silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Good morning everyone! I am up bright and early this morning, love the quiet when I am up alone. Time to relax and just breathe. A new month , a new beginning. One day at a time , one pound at a time. I will concentrate on making my health better!

Good luck to all! <3

Wendy
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Remember to get those starting weights posted, we're still missing several!
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    Hi - lots of great looking notes above; look forward to reading and replying tonight. Just posted my "stats" on the other page - wasn't sure if we wanted them in here, also? It was (finally) a good week! Have a great day!

bpkal
    Die Lard
    Starting Weight (Feb 2): 209
    Weight last Friday (Mar 25): 187.8
    Starting Weight For This Challenge (Apr 1): 183.6
    Goal: 139
  • Kayak97
    Day 1 of the Biggest Loser Challenge! Woohoo! I SO need the extra motivation and accountability to get me off the plateau!

TEAM DIE LARD CHALLENGE: 1 Pound = 3500 Calories. Let's work on burning those calories with some increased exercise this week! What will you do 1) daily to incinerate a few more calories? Walk or run another mile, add an extra 1000 steps to your count, do coffee squats :), take the stairs a few more times, march in place while waiting in line, use the elliptical while watching the morning news, etc. 2) Weekly, try a new exercise! Mix it up by doing a new work out video on YouTube, take a new class, dust off that bike, buy and use a hulahoop, find a buddy and take a hike... By changing your routine, you'll exercise some different muscles and... you might have a lot of fun! Don't forget to add some upbeat music to help keep you going during your activity time.

Let's get movin' and groovin! We CAN do this!
  • irunforpizza
    irunforpizza Posts: 52 Member
    My name is Kali and I am from Ohio. I am a competitive dancer and I am a track athlete. I lift fairly consistently and I tend to workout a lot.

I am a vegetarian and also have many food allergies (nuts, etc). I love bread and coffee.

I am 5'4" and weigh 148.4 lbs. My goal weight is 130 lbs. but I'd prefer to focus on how I look and feel.

Some other fitness goals are to squat 300, bench 150, and complete an unassisted pull-up.
  • Kayak97
    Welcome bpkal and Kali! Our team is coming together. It looks like we may get 3 new members soon.
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Packing up my meals for the next three days. I'm also about to do some kind of workout because my Fitbit thinks I'm currently asleep! HA. Happy Saturday everyone.
  • Kayak97
    I love all the early meal preparation going on! I try to do that too. If I don't have something healthy ready to go, I am more likely to grab something quick ( and usually higher in carbs. )

Anyone have a favorite low carb meal ideas they want to share with the group? I have to go to the grocery store today, and I'm really bored with my food. New ideas would be awesome!