10 Boiled Egg Whites

Just wondered if it's unhealthy to consume ten boiled egg whites each day???

Replies

• jenmsu83
    jenmsu83 Posts: 185 Member
    I can't imagine it's unhealthy....mostly protein, hardly any fat in the whites. I love boiled egg whites! The yolks have a funky texture to me when they are hard boiled.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    No, but all the nutrients are in the yolk.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    IGbnat24 wrote: »

and the flavor....
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    I eat upwards of a dozen eggs a day (well not 12 whole eggs)-
    Typically I bring 2-3 hard boiled eggs- I eat half of them as whites only- and then half with the yolks.
    Then I have scrambled eggs for dinner- usually a ratio of like 4 whole eggs with 6-7 egg whites.

I can't really stand plain jane eggs whites- it's just sadness and disappointment. All the flavor and goodness is in the yolk- but I can't afford calorie wise 12 whole eggs- so I just do part white/part whole.

I'm still okay :)
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    the yolk is the best part I eat three or four hard boiled most days
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    I love hardboiled egg whites but the yolks make me gag. Blech. So I eat the whites, the dog gets the yolks.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Why?

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member

Are you allergic to eggs?
    Is it the only food you eat every day?
    If you answered yes then it is likely unhealthy to eat 10 egg whites every day. If no then it is probably fine.
    My question would be why 10 every day and why not use whole eggs?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Will it kill you? probably not.

Is it necessary? I can't help but feel like it's excessive and bland.
  • JayKingIndia
    JayKingIndia Posts: 19 Member
    IGbnat24 wrote: »

And all the cholesterol,right?
  • JayKingIndia
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I eat upwards of a dozen eggs a day (well not 12 whole eggs)-
    Typically I bring 2-3 hard boiled eggs- I eat half of them as whites only- and then half with the yolks.
    Then I have scrambled eggs for dinner- usually a ratio of like 4 whole eggs with 6-7 egg whites.

I can't really stand plain jane eggs whites- it's just sadness and disappointment. All the flavor and goodness is in the yolk- but I can't afford calorie wise 12 whole eggs- so I just do part white/part whole.

I'm still okay :)

Do you now how much calories are in the white alone?

Also I presume all the cholesterol is in the yolk?
  • JayKingIndia
    Lounmoun wrote: »

If you answered yes then it is likely unhealthy to eat 10 egg whites every day. If no then it is probably fine.

For cheap protein lol

Each egg white = 4g of protein so getting 40g

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Dietary cholesterol does not equate to cholesterol in the blood. That is an antiquated, debunked health myth.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    I love hardboiled egg whites but the yolks make me gag. Blech. So I eat the whites, the dog gets the yolks.

^This.
  • uncajay
    uncajay Posts: 2 Member
    I don't think it's unhealthy that you eat 10 egg whites. Do you eat them all at once? Spreading throughout the day.
  • JayKingIndia
    uncajay wrote: »
    I don't think it's unhealthy that you eat 10 egg whites. Do you eat them all at once? Spreading throughout the day.

One sitting
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,959 Member

One sitting

Anybody else playing the scene from "Cool Hand Luke" in their heads?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »

For cheap protein lol

Each egg white = 4g of protein so getting 40g

A whole egg has 6 g of protein plus all the nutrients from the yolk. You might want to have at least some of your eggs include the yolk so you don't miss out on all the good stuff.
    http://www.eggnutritioncenter.org/egg-101/
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/13/egg-whites-whole-eggs-healthier_n_5671705.html
    http://whatscookingamerica.net/Eggs/EggWhites-vs-WholeEggs.htm
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

One sitting

When I was dieting for a bodybuilding comp my last meal before bed was 8 egg whites. Bleh. I didn't boil them though. Sometimes I had some earlier in the day too.
    I survived.