Team: Die Lard

Replies

• chrizzy8
    chrizzy8 Posts: 78 Member
    Hello everyone,
    I'm Shay. I turned 50 last September and thought I would be 50, fit and fabulous; but that did not happen. I did not lose the wait I wanted by my birthday; so here I am trying to get to the fit and fabulous before my 50th year is over. I am hoping this challenge will be what I need to accomplish my goals.

My health is good (thank God) so its not to late to end 50 fit and fabulous. I want to see onderland again :) . I joined PF. I am looking forward to new friendships, hard work, cheering on my teammates and seeing others achieve their goals.

We can do this!!!

Hi Shay, nice to meet you! It always seems in my life that I meet my milestone goals one year later than expected, so I'm convinced you will be 51, fit and fabulous! Looking forward to killing lard with you. :)
  • chrizzy8
    Kayak97 wrote: »
    Hi Serendipity, My weigh in day is Saturday. If no one else has already volunteered, I'll be happy to serve as team captain. Your hard work organizing this challenge is super appreciated! What fun!

Thank you for stepping up, @Kayak97! Looking forward to being on the team with you!
  • chrizzy8
    Hello Team Die Lard!

I was on the waiting list but made it to the team & the April challenge! I'm so excited! Here's a few things about me:

Name: Christina
    Weight: 146 (on my work scale, seems like I'm hovering at 150 on my home scale)
    Goal Weight: 132 (last time I was there was about 13 years ago)
    Height: 5'4"
    Work: Desk job - finance at a health insurance company
    Originally from: Northern NJ
    Interests: Bikram Yoga, psychology, cooking, and Toastmasters (public speaking & leadership club)
    Why I'm here:
    1 - I am a HUGE fan of Biggest Loser, I watch it religiously and am always inspired by the contestant stories. I've even gone so far as to attend one of the Biggest Loser Resorts in Utah for a week with my aunt!! It was amazing and I even got to meet Sione, he was one of the trainers there.
    2 - Health is a huge priority for me, I've had a stubborn 10-20 lbs I want to finally get off and keep off!
    3 - I love to be around like-minded people who want to focus on health and be the best they can be.
    4 - I'm doing a weight challenge at work and this will be a perfect supplement. Same time line - month of April.

Can't wait to inspire and be inspired by all of you!

@Serendipity0913 thank you so much for setting up this challenge! What's your story? Would love to hear more about you.
  • chrizzy8
    :( I just found out I was replaced. I didn't get a chance to respond btwn Friday at midnight and Saturday at 8pm because I was babysitting my nephews (I have a brand new baby niece that was born)! I'm sad I won't be on your team but I wish you all the BEST of luck and I'll be weighing in every Thursday anyway, hoping to keep on cheering you guys on. Best of luck to everyone!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    @chrizzy8 I posted the below in another thread. I'm sorry. Feel free to join us though. You can still be a part of your team and check in if you want the support, encouragement and accountability. Then next month you can continue and have your numbers count.

*********************************************************************************************

I'm so sorry@chrizzy8. We hadn't heard back from you and we were already a few days into the challenge. We assumed because we hadn't heard anything that you were no longer interested so we filled your spot with someone on the waiting list. Sorry :-(

This challenge will run for the month of April and if successful we'll continue another one next month. If you're still interested you can join us next month. I had about 700 people interested in the challenge so if you're interested you'll have to sign up quick.

Again, I'm sorry.
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Week One weigh ins are looking great so far!!

dixedreg wrote: »
    @gethntysear 30 Day shred is pretty good. Just know that by day 7 I had to do it with the volume off because the sound of her voice would make me irrationally angry! LOL

I'm so tired, but I'm going to get my workout in right now.

Happy Monday Everyone!

@dixedreg - Her voice makes me angry too!! Haha

@chrizzy8 - Welcome! :smiley:

Sounding off! Today's plan is a 45 minute or so walk, and 30-60 minutes of cardio. Turbo Jam or buns of steel (lol)... I still think its funny, but I really do love the step aerobics. It's rest day for Body Beast.

Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!! Go Team, Die Lard!!!
  • Kayak97
    Kayak97 Posts: 103 Member
    chrizzy8 wrote: »
    :( I just found out I was replaced. I didn't get a chance to respond btwn Friday at midnight and Saturday at 8pm because I was babysitting my nephews (I have a brand new baby niece that was born)! I'm sad I won't be on your team but I wish you all the BEST of luck and I'll be weighing in every Thursday anyway, hoping to keep on cheering you guys on. Best of luck to everyone!

Hi Chrizzy8, I'm sorry you weren't able to make it on the roster this time. However, you're welcome to check in on our discussion board and share our encouragement! Team Die Lard is on a roll , and we're happy to share the positive energy with you!
  • chrizzy8
    Thanks @Kayak97! I'll be a team cheerleader! :)
  • chrizzy8
    edited April 2016
    Week One weigh ins are looking great so far!!

dixedreg wrote: »
    @gethntysear 30 Day shred is pretty good. Just know that by day 7 I had to do it with the volume off because the sound of her voice would make me irrationally angry! LOL

I'm so tired, but I'm going to get my workout in right now.

Happy Monday Everyone!

@dixedreg - Her voice makes me angry too!! Haha

@chrizzy8 - Welcome! :smiley:

Sounding off! Today's plan is a 45 minute or so walk, and 30-60 minutes of cardio. Turbo Jam or buns of steel (lol)... I still think its funny, but I really do love the step aerobics. It's rest day for Body Beast.

Hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!! Go Team, Die Lard!!!

Thank you, @misalillstead! Unfortunately, I did not make the team but I'll be following along with you guys!

I love TurboJam as well! And step aerobics is awesome, and FUN - and that's when weight loss becomes easy, when it's FUN!

Looks like you're already working pretty hard, impressive! I'm going to the gym tonight so I'll be thinking of team Die Lard when I get on the treadmill. :)

Happy Monday, all!
  • chrizzy8
    @MimiOfTheLusciousLawn - congrats on the 2.8 lbs weight loss! Great start!!

@poojaknsl - congrats on the 0.4 lbs weight loss! Every ounce counts!

@sensiblesummer - don't be discouraged, we all have bad weeks, hope you have an excellent following week and blow us all away!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    @chrizzy8, thanks and welcome! How cool are we thst we get our very own personal cheerleader?!! B)
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    Woo-hoo I went to the gym tonight even though it was pouring out. I think I will be sore tomorrow :) , but glad I went. I also drank 90 ozs of water today. Not a bad.
  • Kayak97
    Woo-hoo I went to the gym tonight even though it was pouring out. I think I will be sore tomorrow :) , but glad I went. I also drank 90 ozs of water today. Not a bad.

Good for you! Double the satisfaction - a great work out and the satisfaction of accomplishing your goal despite the yucky weather! Kudos for the water too! You are so off to a great start this week! Remember to do some stretching before/after and hopefully you won't get too sore.

• Kayak97
    @chrizzy8, thanks and welcome! How cool are we thst we get our very own personal cheerleader?!! B)

So we lost @Chrizzy8. :/ The good news is that she was able to get a spot on another team that had an opening. Happy for her!
  • bpkal
    bpkal Posts: 59 Member
    Had a doctors appt today - first since the Feb 2nd appt that launched my "program". Was officially taken out of the "obese" category and got some kudos from doc and PA. Here is to the next 30# and making it from "overweight" to "healthy" this summer...good week all!
  • gethntysear
    gethntysear Posts: 47 Member
    Morning everyone!

@mmcqueen927 Nice job on the will power front to go out to the gym, nothing like pushing past and being triumphant!
    @bpkal Amazing job, you must've been working hard on yourself, big big big kudos!
    @dixedreg and @misalillstead I can see how her voice can become pretty grating after a few days lol also the backing soundtrack is awful!

Yesterday was a good day, even though I was a little grumpy in the morning. Picked myself up and got on with it. Managed to hit all my personal and fitbit targets; smashed my step goal of 12000 to 16000, my 45min active time goal was doubled, walked up 36 floors and walked 10.28km. Also started the 30 day shred, although next time will use lighter weights like they use. Hoping my pathetic last week is well behind me :smiley:

Started well today, tried playing some tennis with my OH. We spent most of the time chasing the dog who kept nicking the tennis balls, he had the time of his life. To be honest we all enjoyed it, so hopefully we're going back Thursday morning too, just for a bit longer this time.

Anyway hope you all have a brilliant day and hit all your goals! Such a supportive thread, thanks Captain @Kayak97 for all your encouragement too
  • Kayak97
    bpkal wrote: »
    Had a doctors appt today - first since the Feb 2nd appt that launched my "program". Was officially taken out of the "obese" category and got some kudos from doc and PA. Here is to the next 30# and making it from "overweight" to "healthy" this summer...good week all!

CELEBRATION!!! Bpkal, a terrific accomplishment! You have worked hard to achieve better health!
  • Kayak97

Yesterday was a good day, even though I was a little grumpy in the morning. Picked myself up and got on with it. Managed to hit all my personal and fitbit targets; smashed my step goal of 12000 to 16000, my 45min active time goal was doubled, walked up 36 floors and walked 10.28km. Also started the 30 day shred, although next time will use lighter weights like they use. Hoping my pathetic last week is well behind me :smiley:

@Gethntysear, I think you deserve an exercise award for yesterday! What a great way to start your successful week!
  • mmcqueen927
    mmcqueen927 Posts: 292 Member
    So happy Chrizzy8 made it on a team, but sad we are losing our cheerleader.

Thank you everyone for the encouragement.
    bpkal@congrats on the good doctors report. I'm sure you will meet your goals.

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Hi Team Die Lard!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile: zftgdgnjnvub.jpg