330 lbs. to Onederland in just over a year! (with pictures)

February of 2015 I weighed 330 lbs and was diagnosed with diabetes (on top of high blood pressure that I had for years). I got serious, came to my senses, and sought God's strength through prayer. I began a process of eating less, eating better, and moving more. In the last year I have now completed 3 5k runs (and run an average of 6 miles per week), I am off all medications for diabetes and blood pressure, and today I weighed in at 199.6 lbs. The first time I have weighed less than 200 lbs. since 10th grade. To God be the glory!8pyhf8okg374.jpg
z4cr6dryltem.jpg

Replies

• michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
  • gendoll
    gendoll Posts: 89 Member
    Way to go!!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Congratulations. Keep going and luck in the future.
  • JudyKenova175
    JudyKenova175 Posts: 10 Member
    Amen brother!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Great job! Keep up the amazing work!!
  • txcaveman
    txcaveman Posts: 167 Member
    This post made my day. My goal is to be under 200lbs. Last year I started running and ran 4 5Ks. I stalled over the winter but have regained momentum. Great job brother.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Shout it out!! Amazing accomplishment!
  • michael_jordan7
    michael_jordan7 Posts: 176 Member
    txcaveman wrote: »
    This post made my day. My goal is to be under 200lbs. Last year I started running and ran 4 5Ks. I stalled over the winter but have regained momentum. Great job brother.

Thank you for the encouragement. I also stalled during the winter but it feels like I am back on track now. I want to get these last 25 lbs. off and then transition to maintaining. Best of luck to you in meeting your goals!
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Nice going!!!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Amen! Congratulations!
  • rldeclercq4
    rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
    Praise the Lord!

I'm also finding myself in prayer often for strength, energy, and motivation. Started 367, down to 310 today. Look forward to surpassing 100 and much more.

Well done!
  • brendahughes37679
    brendahughes37679 Posts: 50 Member
    congratualtions!
  • healthylili2015
    healthylili2015 Posts: 24 Member
    Wow! Great job!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited April 2016
    Congrats on reaching onderland! You've done a great job and look happy and healthy.

67388953.png
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!