Results from calorie counting??

2»

Replies

• coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    chuck20 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen substantial results from calorie counting? I've lost some weight by just really cutting down on what I eat, no specific foods, just amounts. But can I lose weight faster by having the proper amount of proteins, carbs and fats?? It may seem like a broad question. Would appreciate feedback.

Yes. 56 lbs thus far.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    75 lbs and counting here! Calorie counting is what taught me how to make better food choices and live a healthier lifestyle. Best decision I've ever made.
  • versusveritas
    versusveritas Posts: 20 Member
    Calorie counting and, especially, logging them here works. When I log, I lose, but also find that logging causes me to think about food more...in a bad way. When I take a break from it and try to just rely on what I thought was a well formed habit, the weight creeps back on.

Note to self: Use the food diary to count calories. Just do it.

This is exactly how I am - this time around I'm working on having a healthy mental relationship with the counting. Losing weight is very simply eat less than you burn. No gimmicks - it is the only thing that truly works.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    chuck20 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen substantial results from calorie counting? I've lost some weight by just really cutting down on what I eat, no specific foods, just amounts. But can I lose weight faster by having the proper amount of proteins, carbs and fats?? It may seem like a broad question. Would appreciate feedback.

It all comes down to calories, not proteins, carbs, and fats. All diets are predicated on calorie reduction for weight loss. Calorie counting is just an accurate way of managing your calories and also allows you to learn how to eat "normally" without having to cut out this macro or that macro or whatever.

I lost 40 Lbs.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Lost like 143lb through calorie counting and being slightly more active. Considering I eat a lot of my exercise calories I would say it's more calorie counting.

Macros for me are goals, I aim for them, particularly protein, I normally miss, I can't imagine being up or down in macros has much affect on regular people, maybe for higher level athletes.

Check out the success section like others have suggested.
    78tbhkwg5xtx.jpg