Your first Tattoo's & the story behind it

Replies

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Tribal band, right arm. Because I was 15 and wanted something to show in my football uniform that made me look badass.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Family crest, top of my left arm.
    Git it in memory of my Dad on the 10th anniversary of his death.
    He was always very into genealogy and very proud of his family roots.
  • pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    138shades wrote: »
    My first tattoo is a tramp Stamp of a slice of Chocolate Cake

sounds like you were hoping for some icing.

sorry.

or cream :lol:
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    138shades wrote: »
    My first tattoo is a tramp Stamp of a slice of Chocolate Cake

sounds like you were hoping for some icing.

sorry.

or cream :lol:

I just love cake :D
  • Pam_Shebamm
    Pam_Shebamm Posts: 167 Member
    The first tattoo I got was of my last name, and that's the whole story. Lol.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    I was 16 and got a tiny little turtle on my butt. It was a weird spur of the moment thing and I let some guy freehand it. He did a great job and it's still adorable. My teenage years were so much fun.
  • NYRhockey00
    NYRhockey00 Posts: 1,196 Member
    I was 16 and got a tiny little turtle on my butt. It was a weird spur of the moment thing and I let some guy freehand it. He did a great job and it's still adorable. My teenage years were so much fun.

Sounds like it...safest place to not get caught though
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    I was 19 and on a road trip with my best friend. We wanted to do something spontaneous so we stopped into a random tattoo shop and picked out coordinating star and moon tattoos to put on our left hip bones (there were so many ways this could have gone wrong). Luckily, I still love this tattoo and the time in my life that it symbolizes. I am also still best friends with the same girl so I love that we have a physical representation of our friendship together.
  • ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Mine is of a sparrow and robin circling each other in a ying and yang pattern. I got it for my aunt who died due to cancer. Her name was Robin but my great grandfather referred to her as sparrow.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    I was 41 years old and just separated from my first husband. I got a very small butterfly on my bottom right of my back. I got it because to me it signified "freedom." I was finally free! All of my tattoos have meanings behind them. I didn't just randomly get them. :)
  • KassiesJourney
    KassiesJourney Posts: 306 Member
    My first one is on the top of my right foot. Pretty much takes up all of it. It is the deathly hallows symbol from harry potter with a rainbow paint splatter behind it. I love harry potter. It was such a big part of my childhood and I love color.

My second tattoo is a semicolon symbol on my left wrist. (Google semicolon project) I got it done because I (and many of the people I love and care about) have been through so much and I felt like it fit. I love both of my tattoos. I plan on getting more. my next one will be the simba cave drawing from lion king :) don't know where yet.
  • judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    In college, I always wanted a 4-leaf clover tattoo, but too chicken to get it done. I don't know why a 4-leaf clover - - I just like the color green. About 10 years later, my sister was showing off her newly pierced bellybutton. I mentioned I always wanted a tattoo. So, one Sunday, after church, I left my children with their aunt and went with my sister and then-husband to get'r done!

On my oldest daughter's 18th birthday, she and I went to get her a tattoo - the same one and placement as mine!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    I was 16 and got it done in some guys' apartment that my friend knew. He was "supposedly" a tattoo artist. My rose on my hip looked like a prison tat tulip flower. I got it covered up real nice by a real artist when I turned 18. No regrets.
  • JeffreyMGiron
    JeffreyMGiron Posts: 3,582 Member
    I got a Tribal Bear tattoo on my right Arm, because bears are my Favorite animals, but also because of the meaning behind it. My mother knows some Native Dialect from the Mayan tribes in Honduras, and well the Bear means brave yet peaceful, pretty much how i am.

Im getting two more tattoos done soon one on each of my forearms.
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    My first tattoo was Godzilla on my right outer calf when I was in my late 20's. I've always been a huge Godzilla and Japanese monster fan, so I made sure my 1st one was something that was meaningful to me. I now have 14 with a few ideas for some more.
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    I dont have any tattoos...theyre dumb
  • goingtobefit2015
    goingtobefit2015 Posts: 408 Member
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    Freckles for radiation treatments, to kill cancer cells ;)

I have those also....so I guess I have 6 tats!
  • MaGrl523
    MaGrl523 Posts: 101 Member
    My first is the symbol for Gemini with vines wrapped around it. I am a Gemini thus the reason for it. I got it when I was 18 and it was a high school graduation/birthday gift from my aunt and uncle.