I love feta cheese

I love feta cheese. I always add a tablespoon of feta cheese to my salads. I eat a salad at least once a day. Feta cheese is also very satisfying and it leaves you feeling full. It makes it easier to eat my salads. Sometimes I don't even add salad dressing. Although my dietitian told me salad dressing helps to absorb the nutrients vegetables have. I didn't know that.

Add some feta to your salads and you'll see how great they will taste!!!

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Here's an abstract of the study - http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/80/2/396.abstract (Carotenoid bioavailability is higher from salads ingested with full-fat than with fat-reduced salad dressings as measured with electrochemical detection)
  • 85Cardinals
    85Cardinals Posts: 733 Member
    I make a pasta salad with shrimp, feta, red pepper and dill that is to die for.
  • lgregory6540
    lgregory6540 Posts: 63 Member
    Just had fantastic steak fajitas - steak, peppers, onions, salsa and feta- amazing!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Well, feta has a little fat, too! I'm betting it's just as good at helping with bioavailability. Go feta!

For those of you watching your salt, watch out.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    I love feta, too.

It's delicious.
  • Mentali
    Mentali Posts: 352 Member
    This is my favorite thread. I clicked it hoping it was just an advertisement for feta cheese and it was!

Feta is amazing.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I love feta too, with just about anything.

It'll last at least a few days without refrigeration, so I always bring some with me when I go backpacking. You spend a few days on the trails with nothing but freeze dried food, and some feta is the only real flavor you get.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Orzo and asparagus salad with lemon, feta, and kalamata olive. So good. And in eggs. Feta and eggs are a match made in heaven.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Feta makes no difference to how full I feel, but it makes an omelet or salad more delicious for not very many calories, so I'm a huge fan.
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    potato salad with feta and spinach or parsley, olive oil and garlic is lovely.

Feta and parsley on top of ful mudamas is heaven.

I like the french goat milk feta even better than the traditional sheep one.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited April 2016
    laur357 wrote: »
    Feta and eggs are a match made in heaven.

Try hard boiled eggs (or egg whites) + feta + olive oil/vinegar dressing. Sooo good.

My husband is Greek, so we eat a lot of feta. Shrimp Mykonos is a favorite of mine. There is an amazing recipe on the back of the Bumble Bee Sun dried tomato tuna package for Mediterranean stuffed peppers with feta. I'm trying to watch my fat macros, so I use the reduced fat feta, but still good.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Well, feta has a little fat, too! I'm betting it's just as good at helping with bioavailability. Go feta!

For those of you watching your salt, watch out.

Yeah the salt content is a deterrent for me! I used to looove it so much but now I must eat it sparingly, I can just taste all the salt and it's not suited to my palate anymore.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    I actually have feta in my fridge right now but can't think of what to use it for
  • cbihatt
    cbihatt Posts: 319 Member
    Mm...feta...
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    edited April 2016
    And there is so much feta to an ounce... I have it everyday. Spinach bacon feta salad mmmm
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    I like to incorporate a bit into turkey burgers or lean beef burgers. The added fat from the feta makes them very juicy. I also make a killer spinach salad with feta and strawberries.

But, I do love like all cheese. If you are looking for a cheese that's similar to feta you can try cotija...It's a spanish cheese that comes in small grated pieces (like parmesan). It tastes like feta and parmesan had a baby. Also pretty low cal as cheese goes.
  • AmyMahan2016
    AmyMahan2016 Posts: 13 Member
    I love feta too! It definitely make a salad better.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Feta makes everything better. I wish I had a spinach feta egg wrap right now.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Mm, feta. Especially blended goat/sheep milk feta.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    I used to eat a lot of Feta cheese salads and one thing I learnt was that Feta cheese mixed with mashed up avocado tastes weirdly like scrambled eggs