Team: Dude, Where's My Gut

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited April 2016
    SethKaishi wrote: »
    Good Morning All! Hope everyone is having a great start to their Monday! :smile:

Wanted to share a little NSV for myself this morning... :smiley:
    Today I am 1 week soda/pop free!! Yay! I honestly didn't think I would make it. lol Coke has always been my weakness and before I stopped drinking it I was up to 2-3 32oz cups a day from the gas station. That was typically how I started my morning. I can't believe how much more energy I have now WITHOUT drinking it and I feel like even my skin looks healthier from only drinking water, aside from a glass of tea or milk here and there. I am hoping to keep it up and not give in to temptations (I work a lot of sporting events and am around soda all the time).

This week I plan to continue working on my nutrition. I think I finally got it figured out for the moment :smile: I will also continue doing my workout program and try to get up and walk at least 2 miles while at work (I work a desk job so I am pretty stationary most of the day).

Hope you all have a wonderful week and best of luck to you on your weigh in days! :smiley:

I am TOTALLY with you on soda! It is my number one enemy and it is so hard to let it go. I use to down three to four cans a day but now I am down to having a soda every other day but starting to today I am cutting soda from my diet. I hope I can do it.

Exercises has never been an issue for me, shoot, I can work out two or three hours a day but my diet is always where I mess up. I live in a family where food is everything and everyone here is pretty much overweight in some form.

Any pointers to help me stay in a 1,500 calorie count?

You can do it on the soda! Look at the change you've made already!!

Re: your family, food and being surrounded by overweight people. Sadly, that is the case for many of us. You just have to really look at what YOU want for YOUR life. I'm often surrounded by my overweight family and friends gorging on pizza, cake, fried chicken and all kinds of high-calorie foods. I will have a little bit, but usually I bring a salad to a potluck or family get together. If we're eating out I try to find the most healthy item on the menu and hope to set an example for others. (That doesn't really work, but it works in my head, LOL) Think about how amazing it would be if you were the one to break the cycle!

For the 1500 calories - that's close to my target for the day. Actually, mine is lower at 1410, but I do eat back some of my exercise calories. I normally eat 4 meals a day, spaced throughout the day, plus snacks. I've broken my food diary into the following 5 categories:
    1. Breakfast/Pre-Workout
    2. Second Breakfast
    3. Lunchish
    4. Dinner
    5. Snacks/Drinks

I have a target of around 300 calories for each of the 5 categories. If I can do that it equals about 1500. I can usually stay within about 50 calories for each meal. If I have a meal that goes over the 300, then I'll adjust and have a lower calorie option later in the day or try to limit my snacks.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    Week 1 Challenge
    Since we're already on day 3 of this week, this will be a simple challenge:

While it is true you CAN lose weight without exercise, it certainly speeds things up and is good for you physically and mentally!

This week's challenge is to try to fit in some exercise every day this week and post here what you have done each day. This can be as much or as little as you want to do. There is no target this week, just do something to get moving!

Here's what I've done for exercise so far this week:

Saturday
    Yoga - 40 minutes
    Gardening - 120 minutes
    Bench dips - 100

Sunday
    Yoga - 45 minutes
    Gardening - 120 minutes
    Ab crunches - 200

Monday
    Yoga - 45 minutes
    House cleaning - 60 minutes

The gardening was pretty heavy work including digging, hauling, and planting, so it was definitely a workout. I ordinarily don't count cleaning as exercise, but I vacuumed my whole house today for over an hour including rugs and under the couch. I HATE vacuuming with a passion! My vacuum cleaner is a beast and weighs a ton, so that is usually my husband's chore. He spent a good part of the weekend mowing our property (2.5 acres), so didn't have a chance to vacuum. Plus, he tracked in grass all over the house. I just couldn't stand it so had to drag out the beast myself. LOL

What kind of exercise have you done this week so far??
  • cynbet69
    cynbet69 Posts: 615 Member
    oh man it started saturday

saturday and sunday i rested

monday 4-4-16

treadmill 35 mins
    stationary bike 20 mins
    ab lounge 100
    lunges 54
    squats 194
    mountain climbers 10
    pile side bends 10

cyn

• Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Lesly_Barrett_1209 Posts: 96 Member
    Saturday I worked the Pirates/Reds game so I stood for 8 hours straight and jumped around to try and keep warm :smile: I also did T25 Total Body Circuit

Sunday I did the Fit Test for Insanity that was 25 mins and I also ran around the grocery store for an hr and a half. Then carried groceries up a flight of stairs. I don't ever count grocery shopping as exercise but going up and down those stairs for 10-15 mins carrying everything in is exhausting :wink:

Today I walked 2 miles at work and did Plyometrics Cardio Circuit in Insanity for 42 mins.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    @cynbet69 - I didn't post the challenge until today so nobody is behind. Plus, we all need rest days along with our workout days!

@Lesly_Barrett_1209 - you've had a busy exercise week already! I have stairs in my house (my kid's former bedroom and now the guest room) and I find myself avoiding going upstairs even to put things away. The stairs start to accumulate stuff until I decide it's too messy to look at anymore. Now, if I would just climb those stairs 10 times a day I could log it as a workout!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    We've had a member drop out due to personal reasons, so we will be getting a new team member very soon!

Please welcome @chrizzy8 to Team Dude!
  • krenae312
    krenae312 Posts: 30 Member
    I've been doing 21 Day Fix Extreme workouts everyday, except one day I did pure cardio from insanity. I like working out at home since I have 2 kids and I stay on track more if I do videos instead of trying to come up with a plan. I know there are plans out there but it's just too easy to pop a video in and workout. I've been good at staying on schedule except that it calls to workout 7 days a week and I'm doing 6.
    Welcome @chrizzy8 !!!!
  • Serendipity0913
    Serendipity0913 Posts: 385 Member
    Hi Team Dude, Where's My Gut!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

s0jzs3vv12nz.jpg

• Lesly_Barrett_1209
    Hi Team Dude, Where's My Gut!!

Some of you may already know but for those that don't I'm a single mom (age 45) of 2 beautiful kiddos (age 6 and 2) A couple weeks ago on a rainy day stuck inside we decided to do arts & crafts. I wanted to share our masterpiece with you in hopes it gives you motivation too. They are my motivation on a daily basis and now they have also contributed to my workout motivation. Here is what my treadmill spot is decorated with. I watch tv through my whole workout but the last 10-15 minutes can be grueling at times. Now when I look at the wall in front of me I'm reminded of what my workout contributes to. :smile:

s0jzs3vv12nz.jpg

I love this!! :smile: I constantly say I need to post a picture of what I want to look like on my refrigerator and cabinets lol Perhaps I should do it in my workout area as well! This is an excellent idea and reminds you that your hard work will pay off in the end. Thank you for sharing! :smiley:
  • Lesly_Barrett_1209
    edited April 2016
    krenae312 wrote: »
    I've been doing 21 Day Fix Extreme workouts everyday, except one day I did pure cardio from insanity. I like working out at home since I have 2 kids and I stay on track more if I do videos instead of trying to come up with a plan. I know there are plans out there but it's just too easy to pop a video in and workout. I've been good at staying on schedule except that it calls to workout 7 days a week and I'm doing 6.
    Welcome @chrizzy8 !!!!

How do you like 21 Day Fix Extreme? I have done a couple of the regular 21 Day fix workouts but I have never followed the program before. I love working out at home too! It is so convenient! :smile: If I had to drive to the gym every day I would probably never make it lol

Welcome @chrizzy8 !!! :smile:
  • RaeBeeBaby
    @Serendipity0913 - thank you for sharing your inspiration posters and your workout area! Just curious - Where's the TV?

Someone mentioned a cool website on the main forums called My Body Gallery. It's pictures from the web of real people's bodies of all shapes and sizes. It's helpful to see what your body might look like at any given weight. A lot of people use it to plug in their goal information and see if they like what that result looks like. It's not scientifically accurate, but looks pretty close to me! Check it out - it's fun!

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • chrizzy8
    chrizzy8 Posts: 78 Member
    Hello Team Dude, Where's My Gut!

Happy to be on the team and hope to be kickin' butt (& gut) this month with all of you!

A little about me:

Name: Christina
    Current Weight: 146 (on my work scale, seems like I'm hovering at 150 on my home scale)
    Goal Weight: 132 (last time I was there was about 13 years ago)
    Height: 5'4"
    Work: Desk job - finance at a health insurance company
    Originally from: Northern NJ
    Interests: Bikram Yoga, psychology, cooking, and Toastmasters (public speaking & leadership club)
    Why I'm here:
    1 - I am a HUGE fan of Biggest Loser, I watch it religiously and am always inspired by the contestant stories. I've even gone so far as to attend one of the Biggest Loser Resorts in Utah for a week with my aunt!! It was amazing and I even got to meet Sione, he was one of the trainers there.
    2 - Health is a huge priority for me, I've had a stubborn 10-20 lbs I want to finally get off and keep off!
    3 - I love to be around like-minded people who want to focus on health and be the best they can be.
    4 - I'm doing a weight challenge at work and this will be a perfect supplement. Same time line - month of April.

Can't wait to inspire and be inspired by all of you!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    chrizzy8 wrote: »

Happy to be on the team and hope to be kickin' butt (& gut) this month with all of you!

A little about me:

Current Weight: 146 (on my work scale, seems like I'm hovering at 150 on my home scale)
    Interests: Bikram Yoga, psychology, cooking, and Toastmasters (public speaking & leadership club)
    Why I'm here:
    1 - I am a HUGE fan of Biggest Loser, I watch it religiously and am always inspired by the contestant stories. I've even gone so far as to attend one of the Biggest Loser Resorts in Utah for a week with my aunt!! It was amazing and I even got to meet Sione, he was one of the trainers there.
    2 - Health is a huge priority for me, I've had a stubborn 10-20 lbs I want to finally get off and keep off!
    3 - I love to be around like-minded people who want to focus on health and be the best they can be.
    4 - I'm doing a weight challenge at work and this will be a perfect supplement. Same time line - month of April.

Welcome Christina! I'm also a huge Biggest Loser fan! I think I've only missed one season and I can't even recall how that happened. Must've been a busy time with kids still playing sports or something like that.

I'm SO JEALOUS that you went to the Biggest Loser resort! I dream about doing that, but I always figured it would be seriously expensive. Truth be told, I never looked into the cost because I just figured it was out of the ball park.

I also have that last stubborn 10-20 pounds that just doesn't want to budge! Hopefully, we can work together to get moving in the right direction!
  • Serendipity0913
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    @Serendipity0913 - thank you for sharing your inspiration posters and your workout area! Just curious - Where's the TV?

Where my treadmill is there's a little jut out in the room and I have the treadmill tucked in there. Just beyond that wall in front of my treadmill the room continues. When you're on the treadmill you actually have an almost straight on view of the tv.

I'm going to check out that site.
  • krenae312
    krenae312 Posts: 30 Member
    @Lesly_Barrett_1209 I love it. I've never done the regular 21 day fix so I can't compare, but it makes my muscles challenged!! In my head I thought ok, I've done insanity I got this....um, yeah..it's hard lol. Not too hard to do but just a different hard.
  • Serendipity0913
    Gustaaf85 wrote: »
    Tried that My Body Gallery, but they come up empty for my criteria, lol! i knew i was unique :tongue:

Me too @Gustaaf85! I guess we both fall into the unique category. lol
  • chrizzy8
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »

A little about me:

Why I'm here:

Welcome Christina! I'm also a huge Biggest Loser fan! I think I've only missed one season and I can't even recall how that happened. Must've been a busy time with kids still playing sports or something like that.

I'm SO JEALOUS that you went to the Biggest Loser resort! I dream about doing that, but I always figured it would be seriously expensive. Truth be told, I never looked into the cost because I just figured it was out of the ball park.

I also have that last stubborn 10-20 pounds that just doesn't want to budge! Hopefully, we can work together to get moving in the right direction!

Thanks @RaeBeeBaby for the welcome and thanks so much for being our fearless leader! I've been reading through all the posts I missed in our team's forum and it looks like you are very motivated! Glad to have you as our team captain. :)

The resort, at the time (I went in either 2012 or 2013, can't remember which) was actually very affordable! They have gotten more expensive though. Some of the locations (including the one I went to in Utah) have changed hands so it's no longer "Biggest Loser" branded. But I'd definitely recommend looking into it! Utah was a fantastic location because the hiking there is BEAUTIFUL. Only thing is that you don't get to go home with a lot of pictures because every time you stop you get a reminder, "this is a FITNESS hike, not a sight-seeing hike!" so you better take mental pictures that last, hahaha...

Looking forward to losing with you!

OH and as for my goals for this week (thank you for the challenge to do something every day!) - here's my schedule:
    Tuesday: gym - 5k 101 program, week 1, 30 minutes, stairmill, 15 minutes, then 30 minutes of weights and yoga
    Wednesday: Zumba class
    Thursday: Take the stairs all day! And plan a very long walk on both ends of my trip from World Trade Center to Beacon Theatre. 4-6 mile walk is the goal.
    Friday: HIIT training at lunch time at home
    Saturday: Gym (same schedule as Tuesday but will start with week 2 of 5k 101 program)
    Sunday: day off, but will do some stretching and maybe indulge in a massage to recover my muscles
    Monday: yoga @ home
  • chrizzy8
    @RaeBeeBaby - oh one more thing: my default picture on here is a pic of me at the top of a mtn in Utah during the Biggest Loser resort week :smiley: I felt so accomplished!
  • chrizzy8
  • RaeBeeBaby
    jmfl6e97eyaq.jpg

That's awesome! and so is your picture on the top of the mountain!