Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    ccnagain wrote: »
    Wife of 1, mom of 5 (toddler-college age), just finishing up week 6 (tomorrow) of a beginner womens weight training program and have realized I really enjoy it -who knew my husband could be right about such a thing. :D I have also started running again recently and love it as well however it's been really cold and rainy so I haven't been outside running at all yet for April and I do not like running on the dread-mill. For whatever reason I can run outside and have no issues but running or fast walking on the treadmill my shins kill me after about 15 minutes so I just don't do it inside anymore unless I am doing a moderate paced incline walk. I also seem to run faster and longer outside then I do inside. Ran my first 'real race' in March -Shamrock Run- and had a great time. Looking forward to all the 5 & 10k's I can be signing up for as the nicer weather comes. They usually hold at least one 5k every month here on base so that will help and I was thinking of joining up with Team RWB as well. I would LOVE to get all my family out running with me and that is my goal as it gets nicer out. I've already enforced 30 minutes of activity before 30 minutes electronics time and I'm going to tell em' if they'll give me running time maybe we can do double running for electronics -every incentive helps I figure.

My biggest struggle is food, I always start my days really well...fruit, hit the garage and do weights, light breakfast with the kids, then some cardio, then a yummy protein shake/lunch, mid afternoon snack -usually all great things. Then I just blow it with over eating at dinner or over eating through the evening. I am a meal planner and generally do not buy unhealthy snacks but sometimes I just blow it. I only drink water so thankfully I don't have that issue to worry about but just food. :/

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!! Looking forward to some more encouragement and motivational people in my days. :)

Ohhhh and I did the bod pod and metabolic testing so I could find my burn at rest and true body fat percent and what I should be approximately eating for calories each day. I weigh & measure every month so if I don't see progress in one area I generally have the other to feel accomplished in.

Awesome, thank youfor sharing and welcome to the club :smile:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,777 Member
    I am a mom of 4, my boys are 9 (almost 10), 7, and 6, and i have a daughter who is 18 months. oh an cant forget my oldest child, my husband, lol. eating right and exercising is tough because i work a full time job m-f and a part time job saturday graveyards, and whenever they need someone. I also do 97% of the house work and cooking, and am a cub scout leader, needless to say, my life is hectic. Normally I have to workout either early in the morning, about 430 or 5, but the baby likes to wake up then if i wake up, so i normally do it in the evening after all the kids are in bed. I have a bench and barbell and a few free weights in my addition room, I also have a treadmill that i run on. feel free to add me whoever, i could use all the support i can get
  • MikePXstream
    asimenson1 wrote: »
    I am a mom of 4, my boys are 9 (almost 10), 7, and 6, and i have a daughter who is 18 months. oh an cant forget my oldest child, my husband, lol. eating right and exercising is tough because i work a full time job m-f and a part time job saturday graveyards, and whenever they need someone. I also do 97% of the house work and cooking, and am a cub scout leader, needless to say, my life is hectic. Normally I have to workout either early in the morning, about 430 or 5, but the baby likes to wake up then if i wake up, so i normally do it in the evening after all the kids are in bed. I have a bench and barbell and a few free weights in my addition room, I also have a treadmill that i run on. feel free to add me whoever, i could use all the support i can get

And I thought I was a busy person. You might have me beat. Welcome to the group!
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    asimenson1 wrote: »

I'm a busy busy homeschool mom, but I got exhausted just reading all that! LOL!! You are wonder woman!
  • MikePXstream
    Happy FRIDAY! I am so glad it is Friday. This is workday number 6 for me. My team was short handed last weekend, So I only had Saturday off. Makes for a really long week. Especially when I leave for work at 1:45 pm and usually don't get home until 12:30 am. The other night was 1:00 am, that was even worse.

Got my workout in. I'm all good there. 2 mile run, then "22 minute Hard Corps" cardio workout. I was done after that. Now I am eating breakfast, following up with all of you, and getting ready to get some house chores done before my wife kills me. lol.

How are you doing today?
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    I have three kids, 10,5 &1. I am married but don't get much help. It's a challenge to get up early, get the kids off and get to work. In new to this app and love it already. my husband doesn't feel the need to lose weight and isn't much of a support system. I'm trying to learn everything I can and be a better me. Its a struggle.
  • MikePXstream
    I have three kids, 10,5 &1. I am married but don't get much help. It's a challenge to get up early, get the kids off and get to work. In new to this app and love it already. my husband doesn't feel the need to lose weight and isn't much of a support system. I'm trying to learn everything I can and be a better me. Its a struggle.

We'll support you. Welcome!
  • MikePXstream
    edited April 2016
    Good morning folks. How did last week go for you. Where did you triumph? Where did you fall short?
    For me, my nutrition fell short. I didn't prep my meals last Sunday for the week and it showed. I ate a lot of stuff I should not have. As a result, I was bloated, not full of energy, and struggled with workouts or even having enough energy to get through the day. No Bueno. So, getting back on track this week.

I have a lot going on. I signed up for a 14 day free trial to becoming a certified personal trainer through NASM, so I will have some homework and studying to do, as well as all my other daily activities. So my calendar will be a llttle full the next couple of weeks. I will still have time for all of you though :)

On that note, here are some words of wisdom from good ole Arnie.

"To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet, and mental approach
    Arnold Schwarzenegger

642dc6uckcuc.png
  • MikePXstream
    Finally back up to 3 mile runs. This hip flexor issue I have been having blows. I have been stretching the piss out of it lately, which has helped. But still afraid to go farther than that at the moment. The last time it crippled me was a 5.5 mile run. Was also very cold that day. Ugh. I have the Bolder Boulder 10k in a month and a half too. I hope I am 100% by then. I also need new shoes. Too bad the ones I wear are $140! Saving pennies!

0fral89e7uam.jpg
  • lll109
    lll109 Posts: 11 Member
    Sounds like you might need orthotics. Some insurances will cover.
  • MikePXstream
    lll109 wrote: »
    Sounds like you might need orthotics. Some insurances will cover.

I should see if mine will. My chiro mentioned that before. They are quite expensive.

• lll109
    lll109 Posts: 11 Member
    So is back surgery. Well worth the cost if they make a good pair. At least worth investigating.
  • MikePXstream
    So, I heard something interesting about sleep and how it effects you throughout the day. We all know that we need a good 7-8 hours sleep a night, but it doesn't always happen that way. There are some other factors in that though that contribute to the quality of the sleep you get. Some of the tips were like not watching aby kind of electronics about 90 minutes before bed. The blue light from that simulates a day light effect, triggering a hormone in the body, that keeps you awake. This same hormone is released when the sun first rises and your body acknowledges it. The same holds true about night time. As the sun is setting, you body releases another hormone that triggers sleepy time. Clearly there is more science to this then we realize. My friend has the book. I am going to have to get the name and author from him and add it to my list.

What do you all think about that?
  • MikePXstream
    edited April 2016
    g2kxhwi6oer9.jpg
    I hit it hard today. 3 mile run, then cardio 1, then core 1. I don't know what happened on my last 3/4 of a mile. I think my "energize" pre workout kicked in or something. Felt good.!
  • MikePXstream
    Happy Friday. I got my workout in as soon as I got home from droppping the kids off at school, then had to cleanup all the debris in my yard and on my roof.

We got hit with a little micro burst yesterday and it ripped off about 1/8 of my neighbors shingles, splattering them all over my house, yard, and my other neighbors yard. That was fun cleaning up. Then learned that those neighbors were only renting that house, and they moved out, so I don't know how long it will be before the owner finds out. And...were supposed to get snow tomorrow. Clouds are already rolling in. That will be a nasty surprise for them.
  • MikePXstream
    Hey Everyone! How was your weekend?
  • MikePXstream
    zht3onnmo8gi.jpg

Hey Everyone. I'm gearing up for my next Guardians fitness and Nutrition Challenge, starting on May 2nd! Let me ask you this...

*Do you feel like you don't have enough energy to get through your day?
    *Do you struggle with eating the right foods or the right amount of foods?
    *Do you start an exercise plan, than after a couple of weeks get side tracked, fall off track or quit?
    *Have you tried many different "diets" and had little to know results?
    *Have you hit your health and fitness goals, then 1-2 months later end up right back where you started?

If you answered yes to any of these, then maybe it's time to switch it up a bit. I can help you out and get you to where you want to be. I have experienced many of the same struggles and know what you are going through. I hit my primary goal and have maintained my health and fitness for the past few years.

If you would like to learn more and join me, send me a message, and let's see if this is right for you!
  • JarryIvette
    JarryIvette Posts: 43 Member
    Hello everyone!!! Feel free to add me. I'm 31, 5'4 weighing 250lbs. I started this journey back in August 2013 weighing 250lbs! I was very committed and by March 2014 I was weighing 185! Then I found out I was expecting with my first son who was born in Nov 2014. I had gain 70lbs during the pregnancy. Then after recovering from my c-section I decided to get back to it again in March 2015 weighing 245. Then in April I found out I was expecting again with my second son who was born in Dec 2015. Now I'm back again weighing 250 and my goal is to loose 100 lbs! And I'm having a very hard time balancing everything out with 2 little ones, hubby, responsibilities, trying to get motivated to workout again (since I feel exhausted all the time!) So I need new friends and motivation
  • MikePXstream
    Hello everyone!!! Feel free to add me. I'm 31, 5'4 weighing 250lbs. I started this journey back in August 2013 weighing 250lbs! I was very committed and by March 2014 I was weighing 185! Then I found out I was expecting with my first son who was born in Nov 2014. I had gain 70lbs during the pregnancy. Then after recovering from my c-section I decided to get back to it again in March 2015 weighing 245. Then in April I found out I was expecting again with my second son who was born in Dec 2015. Now I'm back again weighing 250 and my goal is to loose 100 lbs! And I'm having a very hard time balancing everything out with 2 little ones, hubby, responsibilities, trying to get motivated to workout again (since I feel exhausted all the time!) So I need new friends and motivation

Glad to have you with us!
  • MikePXstream
    I think today is going to be an active rest day. Maybe do some yoga. My hip flexion is really bothering me. I did some more research, and it sounds like I have a grade 2-3 tear in the muscle fibers, and the repetitive motion is not letting it heal properly.
This discussion has been closed.