October 2016?

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Sawn, haha no. And in my post I made it clear that the dogs are only evicted from the bed! We love our boys, they are very much our first kids together. We used to call the one on the right the practice baby!
  • bettymags83
    bettymags83 Posts: 23 Member
    You ladies have made me soo happy with the updates of no/little nausea at 13 weeks and actually having energy. I'm currently 11+5 and still feeling sick most of the time. Anyone have any hints and tips on sleeping, I've started suffering from insomnia which is definitely not helping with the fatigue and I really really really want to get out for a run but no energy what so ever.
  • Swanwave
    Swanwave Posts: 12 Member
    Ashlie, I totally get that! I had 2 large dogs(standard poodles) and Jeremy had a boxer when we met and they were our babies! <3 Sadly 3 large dogs was too much to handle with a baby on the way and a cross country move. My old roommate has my 2 and Jer's mom had his. Very sad, but I was so sick the first trimester and 3 huge dogs was too much especially with our current temporary living setup. We're buying land and having a house built. Do your dogs know you're pregnant? I think mine did!

Betty, I definitely feel better at 13 weeks and I felt like death before. 12th week was an improvement. Hang in there you're probably almost out of the worst! I didn't run for almost 6 weeks and I felt so guilty. 13th week I ran 5 days in a row! Felt so good! Hmm, I didn't get insomnia, so no tips except don't drink too much water before bed or you'll keep getting up to pee. If I listen to podcasts it puts me to sleep even if I'm interested and trying to stay awake. You could try that. Goodluck!
  • ashliedelgado
    Swan, I expected my boxer mix to know but neither have seemed to change their behavior at all. My boxer has always been very protective of me and guardy, I expected that to get worse. The only change in their behavior I have noticed is when it's just the three of us walking, they seem to have calmed down. Normally its more of a run but they don't seem to be in too much of a hurry any more, but I don't know if thats coz they know I'm pregnant. We do play random baby crying noises around them, I know the youngest child our pitbull has been around is about 18 months, and we rescued the boxer at 7 years and know nothing of his past. I read playing the noise can get them used to it. Since they don't even flinch, I'm not too concerned.

Betty, I'm in school right now, and reading text books seems to put me to sleep more so than usual :)
  • bettymags83
    Thanks girls, I gave up and went to the doctors in the end, tiredness hot that bad and it made the sickness worse. Good news is the tablets they gave me for the sickness made me drowsy so I can now sleep for 5 hours a night.

Swanwave, How did you find your first run? I'm hoping to get out this week for my first one and I don't know if I should just set my Garmin to 11 min miles for 3 miles and try and pace myself (normally a 9 min mile pace) or to start half way through a couch to 5k plan.
  • Swanwave
    edited April 2016
    Betty, glad you're getting some sleep finally. :) My first run was really sad. I had so little energy and wasn't near my former speed. The extra pregnancy blood makes my heart pound much more quickly. I definitely recommend the couch to 5k plan. As your body gets used to regular exercise and the extra blood you'll be able to go faster. That's why monitoring your heart rate doesn't work during pregnancy. The slightest exercise will send it soaring in the first trimester and by the 3rd trimester your heart rate will be very low no matter how hard you push yourself. The talk test is the best measure. I say a few sentences out loud and make sure I'm able to sound fairly normal. ...except for the fact that I'm talking out loud to myself! Ha!
  • ashliedelgado
    The last two weeks or so I have been FAMISHED. I feel like I am eating all day, every day, and averaging 12+ glasses of water a day. When I transitioned to the 2nd trimester, I manually added 200 calories a day to my maintenance level. With the calories I earn from activity... I'm having a hard time meeting my goals and find that my weight is on a down trend rather than maintaining/gaining a bit. I've switched to full fat dairy, and am trying to find reasonable snacks to munch on throughout the day. For example today I brought a cup of honey nut cheerios to work, some snap peas, an apple, a yogurt, string cheese, hard boiled eggs, fiber one bar, and a back up protein bar to work. I'll eat on them all day, on top of my actual lunch break, breakfast of 500 calories and dinner is about 500 calories. By the end of the day's activities, I'm guessing I'll have between 5-700 calories left over. I feel like I'm always eating, and losing weight. Any suggestions? Should I add a protein shake to lunch? What do you munch on to hit your new calorie intake requirements?
  • Swanwave
    Ashlie! I'm in the same boat! And it won't let you submit your day unless you ate enough of your calories. It feels a bit like a hand slap. One day in a huff I sat down and ate a bowl of soup and an avocado just to add it to the day. Haha! I feel like I eat all day too. Whole milk is a good idea and it supposedly protects you from diabetes. I sleep a lot because I'm so fatigued, so my days feel short, which makes it even harder to cram the food in. I also eat whole fat yogurt. That helps boost my calories and my body is loving it. Before pregnancy I did not care for it, so there must be something I need in there. Avocados are good and healthy. Try that too if you can. I still hate the foods I hated in the 1st trimester, so I dunno if you're like me you might still find some foods gross.

I did add protein smoothies to my day, but they're not very high calorie. I put whey powder in there which I'm craving too. I do think that'd be good for you and the baby, but it will make you full without tons of calories. Better to be healthy than meet the calorie requirement I'm beginning to realize.
  • ashliedelgado
    I've decided that, too. I eat when I am hungry. When I was losing, if I was hungry I'd drink water first and see if I was still hungry. Now I have a small snack and drink water. I eat varied, and mostly nutritionally dense. I watch my protein, calcium, and iron. When I considered stopping my cardio I realized I was too obsessed. I see doc on Monday, but my general thought here is as long as baby is doing good and I am not depriving myself, I am not going to worry about it.
  • kristisanchez11
    kristisanchez11 Posts: 30 Member
    How is everyone doing? I just hit the 16w mark. Can honestly say that the queasiness is pretty much gone and I have more energy throughout the day. Nighttime is a different story. I still feel exhausted by around 8pm and usually fall asleep early (I pretty much have the same bedtime as my 3yr old! Lol!). Not too much of a problem, but then I usually wake up in the middle of the night, have to go pee, and then can't get back to sleep. Ugh!

I scheduled my anatomy scan when I'm at 20 weeks. So excited and can't wait to find out if LO is a boy or a girl. Every once in awhile I can feel him/her rolling around and moving in there! Besides that and the fact that my baby bump has definitely POPPED this pregnancy deal just got super real! :)

Hope everyone's doing well. Hope to hear from you ladies soon!
  • ashliedelgado
    I had my 14 week check on Monday, complete with pelvic where Doc found that my cervix is already finger tip! No known cause, she thinks its probably because this is not my first baby, and I'm still active. I dropped my workouts in the morning, and have just been walking (super unsatisfying after what I am used to, but necessary and worth it!). We had an extra ultrasound on Wednesday to check my cervical length and fetal growth. The tech asked if I had ever had an incompetent cervix before, which scared the bejeezus out of me. I spoke with the nurse at my doctors office this morning, and she says fetal growth AND cervical length are appropriate so PHEW. And we got to see Lil'bit again. The tech insists 14 weeks is too soon, but I swear I saw a little clam. Anatomy scan is 6/6, so I guess we will see. While I really wanted a boy, as long as she is healthy and stays put, I'll be delighted either way. I'm already getting really short of breath very easily, and even water gives me heart burn, but other than that, no complaints. Kid moves like crazy, non-stop, and strawberry milk is my jam.

Hope everyone else is doing well!
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    For my check-in:

I hit the 17-week mark today. I told all of my family at 13/14 weeks, and told friends & coworkers at 15/16 weeks. It's nice to have people know now (we waited longer than most as a "just in case" precaution), but at the same time, I'm already getting weary of the "just wait" comments & unsolicited advice. lol

LittleBit had a rock-steady heartbeat of 152bpm at both 12w & 16w...although she's a jumpy little thing & will only stay in place for about 5 seconds. That sound is the best sound ever :smiley::heart: . I also started feeling her move on & off about 2 weeks ago...especially when I'm trying to fall asleep at night. Between her little nudges & my husband's snoring, I think they have officially started ganging up on me when it's time to go to sleep. :smile:

We have our anatomy scan a week from today (18w). Due to some family history (niece with a lot of birth defects/issues & my husband having a couple of birth defects), my OB set the appointment up with the ultrasound techs at the High Risk Maternal Fetal Medicine program at the hospital. She just wanted to be proactive in case anything showed up (they have a higher skill level of techs & better equipment), but the whole process is just making me REALLY nervous. I'm hoping everything checks out ok with her, and that we get some good photos as a bonus :smile: (our only ultrasound so far was the 8w dating scan, so our only picture is currently where she fully resembles a blurry gummy bear...a very cute gummy bear...but still a gummy bear).

My energy has finally rebounded a little bit from the 1st trimester. It seems like I have 2 days of great energy, followed by 3-4 days where I feel like I'm dragging. I still haven't gotten back to lap swimming yet, but hopefully within the next 2 weeks. I am still trying to get in at least 10k steps a day.

I was bummed when stepping on the scale this morning to find out I was up 2 pounds for the week. But in looking back at my charts, I'm still down 14.5 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, so I think I'm doing "ok" on the maintenance front...although I probably need to be more vigilant about my diet for this next week. I really wanted to save that 15# weight padding for the 3rd trimester, since my doctor & I have set the "zero gain" goal for pregnancy.
  • thegirlwthegreenapple
    thegirlwthegreenapple Posts: 40 Member
    edited April 2016
    It sounds like most of us are doing great. I'm 16w2d and CRAZY hungry but no longer grappling with nausea. I started feeling movement this past week and will find out gender May 9th if Baby cooperates.
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    aSearch4Me wrote: »
    We have our anatomy scan a week from today (18w). Due to some family history (niece with a lot of birth defects/issues & my husband having a couple of birth defects), my OB set the appointment up with the ultrasound techs at the High Risk Maternal Fetal Medicine program at the hospital. She just wanted to be proactive in case anything showed up (they have a higher skill level of techs & better equipment), but the whole process is just making me REALLY nervous...

We had our anatomy scan last Friday, and I'm happy to report, that as far as they can tell...she looks PERFECT :smiley: . She was being a bit stubborn about keeping her hands in front of her face and she kept rolling away in the opposite direction the the tech needed her in for certain photos...but they finally got everything they needed. I'm absolutely amazed at the technology. The thing that amazes me, her heart rate was at 152 AGAIN, which is what it has been everytime she has had it measured since 12 weeks. I'm hoping that means she is inheriting my husband's Extremely Chill nature instead of my high-strung tendencies. lol

Still a bit frustrated with my weight. I re-gained another 2 pounds this past week. I'm still down about 12# from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I was hoping to control the "re-gain" until the 3rd Tri. At this rate, I'm going to eat away that cushion pretty quickly (despite my calories being the same as they have been for the past 6-8 weeks).
  • PrincessMegan13
    PrincessMegan13 Posts: 43 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Megan, and I just joined the group about 2 minutes ago. :) I had lost about 25 pounds before I became pregnant with my second kiddo, and I'm back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. But, the good thing is that I have actually lost two pounds since being pregnant due to all the walking that I do. Anywho, I stopped using MFP once I found out I was pregnant since it didn't make sense to keep tabs of calories when I just wanted to eat whatever the heck I saw. But, I realized that I probably need to stay in the habit of tracking what I eat and how much water I'm drinking, and so I will still be in the habit once the babe is born. And, since I plan to BF, I figured that I will probably need to keep diligent track of what I'm eating just in case baby has issues with my milk.

I'm due 10/18 (at this point...it's been changed once already!). My first kiddo was born on 10/9, so it's going to be a busy month for Mom and Dad! :) We hope to find out in the next couple of weeks if we will be having another boy or our first girl! :)
  • djlebreton
    djlebreton Posts: 50 Member
    mlboynton6 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! My name is Megan, and I just joined the group about 2 minutes ago. :) I had lost about 25 pounds before I became pregnant with my second kiddo, and I'm back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. But, the good thing is that I have actually lost two pounds since being pregnant due to all the walking that I do. Anywho, I stopped using MFP once I found out I was pregnant since it didn't make sense to keep tabs of calories when I just wanted to eat whatever the heck I saw. But, I realized that I probably need to stay in the habit of tracking what I eat and how much water I'm drinking, and so I will still be in the habit once the babe is born. And, since I plan to BF, I figured that I will probably need to keep diligent track of what I'm eating just in case baby has issues with my milk.

I'm due 10/18 (at this point...it's been changed once already!). My first kiddo was born on 10/9, so it's going to be a busy month for Mom and Dad! :) We hope to find out in the next couple of weeks if we will be having another boy or our first girl! :)

Welcome to the group! I am due 10/28 with my third.
    I think continuing to track during pregnancy and breast feeding is definitely a good thing and I have also continued to log my calories even on the "bad" days where I want to eat everything in sight! Lol. It's all part of being accountable and ensure we don't go over board and gain way too much.
  • bettymags83
    How is everyone coping with second trimester eating? Any weird cravings yet? I'm obsessed with anything with vinegar, I go between pickled onions, pickled beetroot and pickled gherkins.

How is everyone getting on with exercise? I stopped for 10 weeks due to hyperemesis however it's under control with meds at the moment so finally managed to get out walking in the last couple of days but trying not to push myself to hard.

• ashliedelgado
    edited May 2016
    Nothing weird so far, though I am really enjoying extra sharp cheddar cheese and sea salt kettlebrand chips... I have to restrict to the latter to once a week or so. The cheese I have every day on a toasted english muffin for lunch.

I am still restricted to low impact until I am rechecked on the 25th to make sure I have not dilated any further. My doc is pretty sure that this is just how my cervix is now (fingertip), but wanted to be sure. So I've been walking for an hour to 90 minutes in the mornings. I don't feel as worked over as I did with t25, but I'm not as hungry either.
  • bettymags83
    Fingers crossed for you on the 25th. I go that day for a pelvic ultrasound to check god knows what as the consultant referred me without telling me why and I haven't been able to get through to the secretary and my midwife is completely useless.

I really miss the post run feeling but I can barely walk up two flights of stairs without nearly passing out. Walking, aqua fit and yoga may have to be the way forward for me. Find yourself some good hills to power walk up hopefully give you some of that post work out ache that your probably missing, I know I am.
  • djlebreton
    djlebreton Posts: 50 Member
    Hello October ladies.
    Almost 17 weeks for me here. So far, everything seems to be going good. I'm starting to feel the baby moving on ocassion which is the best part of being pregnant in my opinion.
    I have been also craving cheese but its been mozza cheese so I have a piece every day with some fruit as my morning snack :smile: For the last couple days I've been craving cinnamon buns lol so I might have that today.
    I'm still going for walks every day especially with the weather being so nice so my walks are 30 to 60 mins.
    We have our ultrasound in 3 weeks and will find out what we're having so I'm really excited about that :smiley:
    Hope everyone is doing good. Can't wait for October to arrive.